• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Mine is from Hokkaido, can't remember which resort, but it was shot by my friend and fellow guide Grant Nakamara back in 2017. Here's what the original image looked like -

16406859_1170232093083950_1376422068098647795_n.jpg

I think it was probably a fun day..... ha ha!

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just noticed this thread.

I'm a huge rugby fan from Northampton, England. The club is Northampton Saints (hence the moniker) and this is the club logo.

The original name of the team was Northampton St James, after the area of the town the club was based (Northampton has a LOT of rugby clubs at various levels), and back in the days before regulations came in dictating how players names were displayed on shirts, if you were selected for the bench (as opposed to the starting XV) you didn't have your name on your shirt - you were simply a "Saintsman"

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
Tea. I really like tea.

Earl Gray. Hot.

During ski season, to get myself going in the morning, I start my day with 20 ounces of boiling hot, freshly brewed Earl Gray tea.

It has to be freshly brewed, it has to be Earl Gray, but most importantly it absolutely has to be boiling hot.

I've tried other enemas, but nothing else has quite the same kick.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tea. I really like tea.

Earl Gray. Hot.

During ski season, to get myself going in the morning, I start my day with 20 ounces of boiling hot, freshly brewed Earl Gray tea.

It has to be freshly brewed, it has to be Earl Gray, but most importantly it absolutely has to be boiling hot.

I've tried other enemas, but nothing else has quite the same kick.

Well of course black tea has to be brewed with boiling water, for 5 minutes. (3 minutes for green tea at about 170 degrees or else it gets bitter).

If you don't know about Smith Tea, you really should try them. Steven Smith was a co-founder of Stash, when that was sold he started Tazo, and when he sold that he opened Smith Tea. Best tea I've ever had, pricy compared to most brands of tea bags but worth it, and still less than going to a barista place or Starbucks for lesser quality tea. I'm particularly fond of British Brunch, Portland Breakfast (like a breakfast tea but with Pu-err), and my personal favorite, Yunnan. Their version of Earl Grey is Lord Bergamot.

They have several different Oolongs, I prefer Ali Shan. They have white tea and herbals as well, but I've never been fond of them.

I drink at least 8 ounces in the morning at home, then at my office I brew 16 ounces in the morning and another 16 ounces after lunch.

During ski season I brew 32 ounces and drink it from an insulated container, pouring it out in small doses while I drive.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And a follow up about my avatar: I was at Steamboat at the end of March this year, I was on my Billy Goats because it was a full-on powder day, and the picture was taken by @Ron.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Reminds me of one of my Texan buddies, the only one that could somewhat keep up with me back in the day. He was a half lift behind me, I'm going up the lift and got birds-eye view of him coming down the bumps, and he loses control... To this day, we get a good laugh about it, but I tell him I never seen anyone do perfect cartwheels down the bumps, body sideways, arms and legs fully extended... Etched in my brain forever...:roflmao:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Reminds me of one of my Texan buddies, the only one that could somewhat keep up with me back in the day. He was a half lift behind me, I'm going up the lift and got birds-eye view of him coming down the bumps, and he loses control... To this day, we get a good laugh about it, but I tell him I never seen anyone do perfect cartwheels down the bumps, body sideways, arms and legs fully extended... Etched in my brain forever...:roflmao:
There was another less than stellar crash I had a few years ago that would have been Youtube gold had it been on video. @Philpug and @Tricia were there. The one in my avatar didn't hurt, amazingly. The other one hurt a lot.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
@Andy Mink, I have always said, Take the faces shots any way you can get 'em, wind assisted.....or what ever that was. :duck:

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Andy Mink, I have always said, Take the faces shots any way you can get 'em, wind assisted.....or what ever that was. :duck:
Pix or it didn't happen. Here is a short vid of a buddy getting some face shots a few years back.

Unfortunately highly compressed but the instant replay has better video.

Sponsor

Staff online