• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tennis Anyone?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think we beat this to near death already..no sympathy, drop her like a bag of hammers.. Can't stand her smug look anyway..

James

Out There
Instructor
Suspension is way out of line.

I think we beat this to near death already..no sympathy, drop her like a bag of hammers.. Can't stand her smug look anyway..
I bet you liked Anna Kournikova?
image.jpg

But she doesn't have Sugarpova Candy:
image.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, that photo of her blowing a kiss with the sugar makes me wince a little, like she's got a naughty side.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Tennis is too boring without a fair amount of controversy. Always has been. Like bowling and golf, usually way more fun to play than to watch without some extra drama happening around the event/sport/participants.

Reactions: Tex

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
And I still say they should just say "Deuce" at 30 all when it is the same damned thing.. 30-40 is ad out.. 40-30 is ad in, same damned thing hahahahaha

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tennis is too boring without a fair amount of controversy. Always has been. Like bowling and golf, usually way more fun to play than to watch without some extra drama happening around the event/sport/participants.

Um. Hopefully all sports are way more fun to play than to watch!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Umm, I'll pass on MMA, Boxing, and a few others..

Ok, yeah, assuming you are able to play. As in, I can't play hockey, but I know it would be more fun to play than to watch. Hell I can hardly even play tennis anymore....

James

Out There
Instructor
And I still say they should just say "Deuce" at 30 all when it is the same damned thing.. 30-40 is ad out.. 40-30 is ad in, same damned thing hahahahaha
It's not the same thing.
30 all is the first time. Same with 30-40, 40-30. After that it's too hard to keep track of.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's not the same thing.
30 all is the first time. Same with 30-40, 40-30. After that it's too hard to keep track of.
Why should it be said different the first time when the implications are the same EVERY time?

FWIW, it is DIFFERENT at other levels. There are junior levels where you don't have to win by 2.

pud

Putting on skis
Skier
Sharapova took a banned substance for a competitive advantage and deserves to be banned. The scoring is based on tradition, which is a good thing. The difference is if the server was at 40-15 and lost the point the score would be 40-30, not add in. It all makes sense if you're a tennis player.If you're not, I can understand why some posters would find it odd or confusing.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Why should it be said different the first time when the implications are the same EVERY time?

FWIW, it is DIFFERENT at other levels. There are junior levels where you don't have to win by 2.

That actually has nothing to do with levels. It's called no-ad scoring, and it's used all the way up, even the mixed final at the French Open. The tournament or league director decides if they want it when they make the rules. Its sole purpose is to save time. I have never spoken to a tennis player who likes it.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor

Why should a football goal be worth 6 points?
How come a pitcher can strike a batter out but if the catcher drops the ball the batter can run to 1st?

It's the grunting.
I would support a ban on shrieking. Venus vs Sharapova is the worst.

Sponsor

Staff online