• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tennis Anyone?

James

Out There
Instructor
How the Djokovics, etc. last four hours is simply amazing. The mental and physical demands are off the charts.
Yeah he had issues early in his career getting tapped out too early, wilting in heat. Then he went gluten free which allegedly was a big part of the problem.
Djoko is most vulnerable in 3 set matches.

Well he’s just won his 24th in 3 sets. Dammit Med, too many errors. The second set was insane, like 1 1/2 hrs.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was a tennis parent, I made sure I could not see the lines during the match. There is enough stress without worrying about the cheating! You knew it was there-ish, but ignorance was bliss...
My kiddo has lost more matches due to her horrible line calls (or lack thereof) until this season. The kids at the club she plays at tease her about it. She's much better about it now, thank GOD!
Does she have head phones to listen to her music before the match and between sets? Might help her reset.
You know, I should ask her if she wants to try that. She plays percussion and lives with earbuds in. She doesn't get coached much on changeovers so listening to some music might do a lot of good especially if she's frustrated.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sinner beats Djokovic!
Medvedev beats Zverev
Sabalanka beats Gauff

Sabalanka-Zhang 3:30am Saturday
Sinner-Medvedev 3:30am Sunday (eastern US)

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Zverev not addressing his DV trial/allegations is a joke, and the way Netflix ignored it is pretty horrible.

Glad Meddy will get a chance in a major final against a non-big-3
Sinner over Djokovic in 3 of their last 4 matchups

Zheng (not Zhang) has been awesome, is hilarious, and it'll be great for Chinese tennis if she can be even 50% of the presence that Li Na was. She's had a cakewalk draw and I'm not sure if she'll be able to challenge Sabalenka, but ... could be good. Sabalenka has won their only previous match (2023 USO). Sabalenka set a goal with her father (who passed a couple years ago) to win 2 majors by 25 ... this is her last major before she turns 26.

Even more fun ... Hseih Su-wei won the mixed dubs and is in the women's dubs final too. An absolute joy to watch with just spectacular hand talent.

Sponsor