• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Teton Pass sold for $375k.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
The article is incorrect about the existence of a Teton Pass Ski Area in Wyoming. There is a Teton Pass in Wyoming, but it isn't a true resort. It's actually the #3 ski area in Wyoming based on skier visits, but they are all self-powered.

Any resort that builds only one lift, and that lift doesn't go all the way to the top of the mountain, is unworthy. Bah!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
It's first big change SHOULD BE New Location. It's got Great Falls, which has Showdown closer. That ain't much either, but it's going to need a gazillion $ invested to be a draw.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Teton Pass has been on my radar for a long time. Had heard they have a lot of side country accessed from that chair and want to find out. Got to put a couple of days in there once they get operating again.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Do I need to explain it further? The lift at Silverton goes to the top of the mountain from it's base. No, it doesn't make a right turn at the top and go higher up the ridge.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do I need to explain it further? The lift at Silverton goes to the top of the mountain from it's base. No, it doesn't make a right turn at the top and go higher up the ridge.
:rolleyes: :roflmao:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Wasn't the purchase made by the guy who previously was the paid manager for the owners? Hmmmmmmmmmm

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I, for one, am absolutely shocked that you can buy a ski resort for less than the price of a house. I wonder much money this thing loses each year?

Non-money maker, and plus, you get the headache of running a resort. Grooming, ski patrol, lifties, burger flippers - all of that can be an HR nightmare. Low snow most years. Low population nearby. Same scenario has occurred with White Pine in Wyoming and Soldier Mtn in Idaho. You about have to pay someone to take it off your hands. Maybe they could break even if they charged for parking??

mountainwest

Booting up
Skier
Huh, I had no idea that a Teton Pass Ski Resort existed in Montana. I ski Teton Pass in Wyoming. Looks like a beautiful location.

Sponsor

Staff online