• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thanksgiving favorites - traditional and non-traditional

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I try to avoid the good foods or "bad for ya foods" to keep the weight down and try to keep up with ya'll on the mtn. But PECAN pie is just too good and I always fail at avoidance whenever it is around.
I just had that for breakfast.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
We have a little food before the traditional turkey and all the veggies. Starting with an antipasto, next a course is some Italian pasta with sausage, meatballs and braciole and than the turkey.
PXL_20211125_210204003.jpg

It was only four of us this year so we had a small amount of each. The desert was homemade apple pie and homemade cheesecake with fresh fruit.

Uncle-A

Skier
Damn. All this talk of pecan pie most be having an impact. My wife is making another one.
I hope you are not complaining about having another homemade pecan pie.:)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Pumpkin pie for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch... Heaven!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a little food before the traditional turkey and all the veggies. Starting with an antipasto, next a course is some Italian pasta with sausage, meatballs and braciole and than the turkey.
View attachment 149422
It was only four of us this year so we had a small amount of each. The desert was homemade apple pie and homemade cheesecake with fresh fruit.
Mmmmmmana-got

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 149422
What are the things that look like a cross between artichokes and Little Shop of Horrors?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
We hit the easy button this year and picked up a smoked Turkey from Costco. This turkey ended up being one of the best we ever had. Combine that with the usual fixings and we had a feast that we washed down with fresh baked pumpkin pie and Chocolate Babka :) Sorry no pictures as it is all in my tummy now.

Uncle-A

Skier
What are the things that look like a cross between artichokes and Little Shop of Horrors?
You have to be more specific. What item are you asking about.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I see it now. I should have read the list of dishes more carefully.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You have been in Maine too long.

Have to admit most braciole I have had are wrapped a bit tighter. These are wrapped loosely like most SkiTalkers. :duck: :ogbiggrin:
Grandma made them that way. They’d last for about 15 seconds and she’d get pissed and her arms would flail angrily.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January