• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta The “git good scrub” sunshine thread

TS
Yepow

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
I recognized those bumps! Second best bumps on the hill, after the top half of Divide!
I agree! I just wish they didn’t end right above freefall (a mess of a double black run). I know you can ski thru the trees to get to something less unreasonable but don’t know it well, I guess I need my boys to show me on a mojoful day.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree! I just wish they didn’t end right above freefall (a mess of a double black run). I know you can ski thru the trees to get to something less unreasonable but don’t know it well, I guess I need my boys to show me on a mojoful day.
The secret is to look at the trees on the left as you ski down. There’s an orange arrow nailed on a tree at the first (and nicest) traverse through the trees. Just don’t start going downhill until you’re back on the next run, although in good snow the trees between the two runs are pretty fun too. Even if you miss that one, they have huge signs pointing you left to the second traverse option.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just want to say I’ve been loving your posts. They’ve been humorous, humble and human. I think you’re on a great path with the right attitude. Enough days on snow and you‘ll get to where you want to be.

Sadly the process of improvement sees the finishing line constantly advancing just out of reach as we recalibrate our goals! A life long journey!

TS
Yepow

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
I just want to say I’ve been loving your posts. They’ve been humorous, humble and human. I think you’re on a great path with the right attitude. Enough days on snow and you‘ll get to where you want to be.

Sadly the process of improvement sees the finishing line constantly advancing just out of reach as we recalibrate our goals! A life long journey!
Thanks!

The attitude is getting recalibrated and matters a lot--I think I had been approaching this like "I ski so much, 30 days plus travel in a year, why I am I not good yet?!" I think it's a little more like learning to play a musical instrument. "Decades of 50-day years" was something else I'd read. And not a lot of deliberate practice to get here?! Should be thankful it's not just wedge turns still :) I'm going to aim for small, incremental improvements over time, particularly when conditions are not to my liking; I'll drill!

Improving at things is actually my REAL hobby, to be honest. I love improvement--it's a really addictive feeling. Being addicted to quick improvement also makes MASTERY hard because you have to do more to improve less as you get better, and to get that hit, it's easier to just change what you're trying to improve at rather than stick with it. As I get older, my taste for working harder and longer to improve is getting there. I also kind of love skiing :)

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I had been approaching this like "I ski so much, 30 days plus travel in a year, why I am I not good yet?!"

30 days/year. Nice. :ogbiggrin:

As I get older, my taste for working harder and longer to improve is getting there. I also kind of love skiing :)

That sounds so much like that 4 letter word that starts with a "W." :nono:
Relax and loosen up. It's suppose to be fun. Keep the smile on your face. Enjoy the journey. :beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.