• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I'm guessing it is pretty rocky? I'm thinking about coming up but don't feel like a ptex party after.

I have a power pass this year so I expect all the snow to head north. You can thank me later.

No, not a single rock. They have a good base with nothing showing through. Of course you don't want to go off trail.

Edited to say that I don't know if conditions might have deteriorated later in the day with more heat and traffic, but first thing, they were great.

Last edited:

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I skied the WROD up at Snowbowl for the last four days. We ran from 9am to noon to miss the crowds and the heat. The snow held up really well with only a few thin patches appearing today. They still have a good half mile trail with a solid base and groomed surface. There a few bottle necks, but most of the trail is reasonably wide. It's worth a trip up, as long as you are aware of what to expect.

Great job on providing some early season turns.

Last edited:
TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m guessing that Snowbowl is a little behind on this seasons upgrade projects but what their doing right now sure looks good. The view from the lower lodge sure has changed!

873E8561-7024-4417-A137-F26CEB4FC05E.jpeg

I went up to pick up my pass and went out to check out conditions. The sun wasn’t out and the winds were really picking up so the upper half of the run was a bit icy but all things considered they’ve done a great job at getting something open, heck, Snowbird closed this past week after only being opened for three days!
5A607135-E1FE-4E2C-BD19-618499D384EF.jpeg

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Looks like they cleared a lot of trees on Hart Prarie? I don't recall being able to see that area from the front of the lodge before.

TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like they cleared a lot of trees on Hart Prarie? I don't recall being able to see that area from the front of the lodge before.

Yup. The road up to the Agassiz Lodge has been rerouted and it opened up that view. The new chair was spinning yesterday for a few minutes, it looks good.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
It looks great ! When I buy my season pass each year, my intent is not just for the convenience but mostly for the support of Snowbowl and its development. I'm really looking forward to getting up there as soon as they get enough snow to open half the mountain.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does anyone know whether the intent is to have the overpass covered in snow (or astroturf or something you can ski across)? Or is it intended for walking/carrying your skis/boards?

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier
Does anyone know whether the intent is to have the overpass covered in snow (or astroturf or something you can ski across)? Or is it intended for walking/carrying your skis/boards?

Hopefully it will have jump so I can catch some air over that road and then smash into the ski racks. Regardless, I refuse to use it unless it has an escalator and moving sidewalk (bridgewalk?).

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Our storm died :( Hopefully the tap turns on soon.

fasdfas.jpg

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will the WROD be a shit show this weekend? Thinking about going up Sunday.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is just crazy we come off such a wet winter into such a dry summer/fall. It is feast or famine out here it seems.

Sponsor

Staff online