• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
From another site: "An employee was killed and being on federal rezervation land they can't open to the public until all federal level legal investigations and proceedings have concluded, so they will probably not be open at all for this winter season."

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dafuq? Sunrise says they are closed until further notice then posts another update they are opening on Dec. 22 "under new management." Wow, nice shitshow.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went up yesterday. They were making snow all day and all over the mountain and have started blowing on Ridge side. Hopefully they get a few more runs open before the Christmas hordes take over.

IMG_4753.JPG IMG_4759.JPG

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I thought Volcano skied really well this weekend, it was nice to have a little steepness.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
My wife and I spent the last four days at Snowbowl and have been impressed with what they have done given the lack of snow. The operations crew are earning their keep and Valcano, Northstar and the bowl side are skiing well all thinges considered. It looks like the ridge side will be open soon and they are blowing snow on Humphreys now.

We also saw James Coleman today on the slopes and in the Hart Prairie Lodge, I assume checking on construction and ops.

Last edited:

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Crowds were not bad at all today and the couple inches they picked up skied really well. Ridge side should be open any day now.

Taken from Kendrick today, the offerings are getting better.

IMG_9309.JPG

TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got out today with my daughter and man, I’m totally impressed with what Snowbowl is doing with the circumstances. Ridge opened up today too and it looks like the Humphrey’s pod is next. The skiing was surprisingly very good with nice, edgable soft snow. I’m stoked to get back up again tomorrow.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
The wife and I are scheduled to be in Durango for a few days from Jan 20th. The skiing will be free on our Power passes, but the hotel is prebooked and paid for, so we are somewhat locked in to the trip. Does anyone have an update on the current conditions at Purgatory? It looks like Telluride is in poor shape going by the other thread .

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
The wife and I are scheduled to be in Durango for a few days from Jan 20th. The skiing will be free on our Power passes, but the hotel is prebooked and paid for, so we are somewhat locked in to the trip. Does anyone have an update on the current conditions at Purgatory? It looks like Telluride is in poor shape going by the other thread .

Snow in the forecast at Purg. Should be skiing good enough by Jan 20. Forget about it and have a nice trip.
11.GIF

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I wasn't going to do it... but I did. After you folks were saying the skiing was actually decent, I just had to hear the sound of my boots clicking in on a bluebird day at Snowbowl. I went up there today and had a great time. With all the lower parking lots full as I wound my way up the road (this totally surprised me, I figured not too many would go up there this Holiday break due to lack of snow) I discovered that the upper mountain was not crowded at all. The snow really was quite decent. Yes, they have done a remarkable job creating and maintaining those runs. Maybe I will get up there again next week. Why not? And when some real snow covers the area a bit more, I'll take the Renouns that I have yet to try!

TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
78C062C3-CF72-46F1-A342-D50AE1214708.jpeg Nice Kimberlin! Surprisingly good right? Anyways as mentioned above there is a possible pattern change around the 7th. Burn some skis, buy a mountain bike or do a dance, hopefully we get some precipitation.

Sponsor