• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The absolute best series of skis

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you had to fill your quiver with one brand of skis in the same series, which brand and series would you choose. Example of say a 3 quiver series: Nordica Enforcer, Stockli Stormrider, etc. also, does it make any sense to build a quiver in this manner? Is there one series out there that could actually work in your favor by doing this?

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Each series is usually going to be targeted at one general use (carver, all-mountain, powder, etc.), so if you’re building a 3-ski quiver, you’re probably going to want each to be from a different series.

If I really had to pick just one series, though, Stöckli Laser has more variety than most.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Sure for an individual who knows what they like and is prepared to ski a compromise ski when conditions don't favour them then picking 2 or 3 skis from a particular range might suit them. Thus I could be largely ok with a 94 and 114, perhaps even better with an 88 and 112 etc. Others maybe an 84 and 100 might be their bag or for the carvers and tech supremos a SL and GS.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Really though it's a nonsense fantasy question given that no such real world restrictions exist - even if you're deeply wedded to a sponsor/broform's products you'd still likely pick from multiple ranges.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The way Head markets some of their skis is pretty much made to order for this thread.

The Joy series of women's skis, lead by the hugely popular Total Joy, as well as the wider powder ski, the Great Joy. There is also a narrow Absolute Joy and a hard charger Wild Joy.

Then Head followed with their most successful ski series launch in Head's history: The Kore series, lead by the Kore93 ( I have a pair and love 'em), and also featuring a Kore87, Kore99, Kore105, Kore117.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Really though it's a nonsense fantasy question given that no such real world restrictions exist - even if you're deeply wedded to a sponsor/broform's products you'd still likely pick from multiple ranges.
True but it’s May, so time for mostly hypothetical discussions of skiing.

Kinda depends of what constitutes a series. Indeed a wide variety of skis are called Laser something.

I’ll go for Amer’s Atomic series ;)

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is like asking "who makes the absolute best cars, trucks, and motorcycles?" :huh:
Not really. It would be more like if you had to pick one series, it could be the best average of all the 3 or 4 skis you pick. I'll give an opinion here. I love the Nordica Enforcer 88 and the 94, 100, 110 free all get rave reviews so why wouldn't that be a great series to choose?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Ski the Enforcer 88 and 100 predominantly now. I f I added the 110 it would fit your description. I don't really know what I am doing from the top to the bottom of a run until I get there, so require 'Swiss Army Knife' skis and these qualify.
If rebuilding a quiver it would be 2 skis about that size and something narrower, so not Enforcers.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
The enforcer seems like a good series for Western skiers.

The Kore series as well.

Blizzard's past bull series could also work for a 3 ski quiver, but I think it has lost something since the bodacious was dropped. Brahma 82, Bonafide 97, and Bodacious 118 would cover work for some people...maybe not that playful.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is there one series out there that could actually work in your favor by doing this?

One of the weirder series has been Elan Ripstick. If you had one of each year going back to 2006 you could have a race carver, an SX and an all-mountain.

Head's Monster series has been mentioned - they also did a wide variety womens' ski Thang series from the SL-y feel Fast Thang to the all-mountain twintip Sweet Fat Thang. And then they did it again with the Joy series - especially if we include the Big Joy, Wild Joy and Super Joy.

K2 had their 'Luv' series.

The one series from Atomic I might consider is their Vantage series, especially if I'm allowed to pick from both the all-carbon and the tank-mesh construction.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Augment AM series from 77 to 108. Throw in the SC if you want something a bit narrower.

Sponsor

Staff online