• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Alpinist on Netflix

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Who has watched this?
It was recommended to me so I've put it in my watch list, but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Buckle up your seat belt for a thrilling, highly impactful ride! It's a beautifully told story of a unique individual in a world that I was not familiar with - in fact thought was rather crazy. I now have a different view.

Powder High

Getting off the lift
Skier
Who has watched this?
It was recommended to me so I've put it in my watch list, but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

Watch it. Marc-André Leclerc was a unique and very talented individual who followed his heart without compromise. Like very few of the rest of us do.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Watch it. Marc-André Leclerc was a unique and very talented individual who followed his heart without compromise. Like very few of the rest of us do.
+100.
I would also echo @Paul Lutes sentiment: buckle up! I've climbed a fair bit and am comfortable with heights and vertical situations... but I found myself clenching several times. Filming is phenomenal!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I took a climbing course in highschool and sometimes use those skills hiking locally in VT and when assessing terrain when skiing & hiking out west. Climbing nowadays is on a WHOLE nuther level. Those guys and gals are NUTS! Just look at their torn up fingers. I can't even begin to understand their level of conditioning. Can't wait to check out that movie.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
He's special for sure. I really wished he would stick around long enough to push the standard like Uli Steck (he died soloing as well) did. Marc is as unique as they come.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow.

An incredible film about an incredible human being. They perfectly captured the reason we all love the mountains, travel, adventure and life in general. The film crew, producers and, of course, Marc Andre somehow manages to give me understanding in something that would otherwise seem foolish, dangerous and otherworldly.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a good one to watch tonight. @utskier is terrified of heights (as am I) so there might be a fair amount of stomachs churning in this house.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Also see "14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible." Astonishing accomplishments, addresses equity issues that have long been neglected, and has a happy ending. Also on Netflix.

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
It was confirmation for me to remain a 'Sport climber' for life. Compelling and edge of your seat thrilling but no thanks. Sport climbers wear a beanie and down jacket to the winter crags and when the sun hits we are in shorts and often no shirts climbing steeping pitch With bolts every 5' or so. Safe but an amazing workout with likeminded fit friends.

Marc had no fear and was talented but in the end avalanches will always win, very sad....
From a climbers perspective what he did in Patagonia was the most impressive -in the winter no less. :golfclap:

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online