• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Atomic Professional Series

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

I recently got a STI 150 and i'd like to know if i can turn the canting "circle" 180° the way it's drown on the picture.

View attachment 145070

It seems it could rotate the Shell to get the tune right.

(Am i asking on the right topic ?)

Thanks.
You'll need to loosen (but not remove) the Torx screws in the back of the spine (in the black "Power Control"), then you loosen the center Torx screw of the cuff alignment pieces, then spin the excenter "circle" to where you want it. You will need a pin spanner to move the excenter piece.

We sell them (every shop should have a few kicking around):
Boot Tool.PNG

Or from a bike shop:
pin_spanner 2.jpg
pin_spanner 1.jpg

The ones from a bike shop are nice because you can hold the excenter piece with one hand and then tighten the screw in place with the other (this way the excenter doesn't spin out of place on you).

Someone

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
You'll need to loosen (but not remove) the Torx screws in the back of the spine (in the black "Power Control"), then you loosen the center Torx screw of the cuff alignment pieces, then spin the excenter "circle" to where you want it. You will need a pin spanner to move the excenter piece.

We sell them (every shop should have a few kicking around):
View attachment 145071
Or from a bike shop:
View attachment 145072 View attachment 145073

The ones from a bike shop are nice because you can hold the excenter piece with one hand and then tighten the screw in place with the other (this way the excenter doesn't spin out of place on you).

Sorry, i forgot to thank you for this. Done last saturday and tested last sunday. Now i don't need to turn the liner outward as much as before while tightening the buckles/strap (something i do everytime when i'm on the top of the lift). And unexpectedly, the shoes don't hurt when i'm on the skilift anymore. They are now not less comfortable than my old head 140rs (which were 1 mondopoint size bigger by the way).
And what a pair of shoes, they feel like they are a part of my bones !

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Sorry, i forgot to thank you for this. Done last saturday and tested last sunday. Now i don't need to turn the liner outward as much as before while tightening the buckles/strap (something i do everytime when i'm on the top of the lift). And unexpectedly, the shoes don't hurt when i'm on the skilift anymore. They are now not less comfortable than my old head 140rs (which were 1 mondopoint size bigger by the way).
And what a pair of shoes, they feel like they are a part of my bones !
Awesome stuff, great to hear it's working!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I stopped by our local ski shop today, no professional boots on the wall, bummer. I wanted to browse them. This year was new touring boots(atomic hawx xtd), next year is alpine boots. But I did order a pair of the pro dual straps, out of stock till mid-december. I look forward to trying them on my raptors.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Are there any special tools needed by the bootfitter to foam/fit the Professional liners?
Which dealers received training on fitting the Professional series?
I ask because the two dealers I contacted that are listed on the Atomic site that feature "expert bootfitters" are not stocking the Professional series boots. They will order the liners or boots, but I'm concerned about the ability of a non-stocking dealer to have the experience to properly fit them.

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
M
I stopped by our local ski shop today, no professional boots on the wall, bummer. I wanted to browse them. This year was new touring boots(atomic hawx xtd), next year is alpine boots. But I did order a pair of the pro dual straps, out of stock till mid-december. I look forward to trying them on my raptors.
Make sure you tell them to carry the Professional Series next year! At least they’ve got the strap ordered for you

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Are there any special tools needed by the bootfitter to foam/fit the Professional liners?
Which dealers received training on fitting the Professional series?
I ask because the two dealers I contacted that are listed on the Atomic site that feature "expert bootfitters" are not stocking the Professional series boots. They will order the liners or boots, but I'm concerned about the ability of a non-stocking dealer to have the experience to properly fit them.
Not just any shop should be carrying the Professional Series. But any shops that have proper, well-trained boot-fitters can totally fit the liner. It’s not hard but it does follow a specific process and require special tools to do it. I like telling boot-fitters if they have the skill set and time to fit an Intuition liner, they can make a Mimic Professional liner. It isn’t complicated but there is a certain way it need to be done.

If they are interested in bringing it in, then they need to speak with their Atomic rep first. He will get them up to speed in no time but that would definitely need to happen.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey Matt, quick question for you. From your response (post #203) to questions I had about the fitting process in your reply you said
"2. The boot is initially buckled on a medium tension (to find the right setting), the buckles are then released but still attached to the toothplates, the liner is foamed, the buckles are then closed when the needed amount of foam is in the liner." (emphasis added).

How do you know when "the needed amount of foam is in the liner" ?

Thanks

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Unusual to see movement encouraged while the foam is setting ? Isn't this absolutely frowned upon in regular cooking / foaming ?

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Unusual to see movement encouraged while the foam is setting ? Isn't this absolutely frowned upon in regular cooking / foaming ?
The movement you want to capture is your ankle motion during flexing forward. By the time you are ready to walk around, the foam has set. All waking around does is force any remaining air out of the foam bladder.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
There are mondopoint size markings on the foam cartridge and as the boot-fitter pumps the foam in, he/she can see when to stop.
I assume at that point, or perhaps before that point, the bootee (me) and the boot fitter carry on a dialoge as to how the boots feel and hether or not more or less foam should be injected?

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
I assume at that point, or perhaps before that point, the bootee (me) and the boot fitter carry on a dialoge as to how the boots feel and hether or not more or less foam should be injected?
Correct. Never pump less than your mondopoint size; either pump to your mondopoint size (which is all I do) or you can go more than your mondopoint size if you want a denser foam/firmer feel.

Phatboy64

Booting up
Skier
This is probably one of the most informative threads ever. Thanks ONK!
I think this is the liner I have I have always been looking for. Getting mine foamed on Friday..super stoked

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just ordered Pro liner to go into my Prime 130s. Sounds like it is inbound like so much stuff with estimated January delivery date (to my local shop). They had some Professional Series Ultra boots in stock but no Primes or solo liners. They‘re definitely one of the higher volume Atomic shops in Southern/Central VT and interesting how some stuff made it while others are still in transit.

Skeeze

Booting up
Skier
Anyone figure out a source for the Pro dual strap that doesn't require shipping to a store? I don't live near any shops that I think can order it and given I'm not sure when they'll be in stock, would prefer to not order to a store in Tahoe...