• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Atomic Professional Series

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
After one day with those pro straps mounted on my raptors, Im a total believer. There’s probably some Austrian word for blasphemy after I mounted those Atomic straps to my Heads but I really like how I can crank down on the liner and the shell separately!

@onenerdykid I got a theory Im going to really like some cs 130 pros next year. Is there a spot to rivet those at 140 if I want’em a bit stiffer for spring season? My local dealer is suggesting I get them on next years pre-order, which is due in a few weeks. Ive got a hypothesis I’ll get those ordered up, and I’ll unconditionally love them! Wish I could make it down to CB for the summit but its not in the cards….

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
After one day with those pro straps mounted on my raptors, Im a total believer. There’s probably some Austrian word for blasphemy after I mounted those Atomic straps to my Heads but I really like how I can crank down on the liner and the shell separately!

@onenerdykid I got a theory Im going to really like some cs 130 pros next year. Is there a spot to rivet those at 140 if I want’em a bit stiffer for spring season? My local dealer is suggesting I get them on next years pre-order, which is due in a few weeks. Ive got a hypothesis I’ll get those ordered up, and I’ll unconditionally love them! Wish I could make it down to CB for the summit but its not in the cards….
Lol, I had a feeling this would happen haha. But glad you are liking the Professional Dual Straps on your Raptors. The Austrian word you're looking for is "geil" which means awesome ;)

Adding the top screw to the CS 130 doesn't really change the boot's overall flex. Of course at some miniscule level it does, but it is definitely not a 10-point jump. I personally don't notice the difference. The lower shell of this boot is so stable & adding a top screw has no influence over how the lower shell behaves so it simply ends up not noticeably affecting the flex of the boot.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi Matt, I reread the first post and it doesn't specify. Does foam inject into the front half of the liner (front half of the foot) or just the heel, ankle area such that the fore foot area is mimic only? When I had mine foamed I don't recall feeling the expansion in the fore foot area.

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Hi Matt, I reread the first post and it doesn't specify. Does foam inject into the front half of the liner (front half of the foot) or just the heel, ankle area such that the fore foot area is mimic only? When I had mine foamed I don't recall feeling the expansion in the fore foot area.
Foam/bladder goes to here, no foam at the met heads, same for all models.

Bladder Length.jpg

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Foam/bladder goes to here, no foam at the met heads, same for all models.
That's what I thought based on the boot feel. I replaced the stock liner with the Pro liner in my Hawx Prime's. I have a great fit everywhere there is foam but the boot feels very "loose" in the fore foot particulary in steep technical terrain. I suspect what that is really telling me is that I need a narrower boot, say a Hawx Ultra? Or a remold without a toe cap?

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
That's what I thought based on the boot feel. I replaced the stock liner with the Pro liner in my Hawx Prime's. I have a great fit everywhere there is foam but the boot feels very "loose" in the fore foot particulary in steep technical terrain. I suspect what that is really telling me is that I need a narrower boot, say a Hawx Ultra? Or a remold without a toe cap?
There's only so much that can be done via a liner if the shell is too high volume of a starting place for you. The goal of a Mimic Professional liner is provide a locked in fit but with toe room (for warmth & general comfort). If things are too loose for you, then I'm afraid that's a sign you should be in a lower volume shell.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

@chris_the_wrench, When I compared the CS 130 to my Lange RS140's and the Hawx Ultra XTD 130, the CS 130 is definitely a 140 flex. I am 6'4" and 240lbs and I softened them by cutting the lower saddle by 2 lines (out of 3). After cutting, they were perfect for my tastes in spring skiing last year. I don't think you will need to stiffen these boots even for warmer temps.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, shoot, I just got word that the Professional liners for my Hawx Ultra 130 S now have an ETA of February/March.

Sigh. :(

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tom K. we going to be boot twins next year?

I think I'm just going with the Pro liners in my Hawx Ultras.

I worry about getting out of the Club Sports in the parking lot on colder days.

I had a not-so-great experience in this area with my old Raptors......

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Club sports are surprisingly easy to get on / off, even my downsized punched ones. They are not like fullblown raceboots. guessing its a more modern plastic, but honestly they areas easy as a hawx or whatever. we have tried it down to -18c with hours of skiiing. Dont worry about it! you will love them.

I've put my hawx 130 up for sale yesterday, as they have a single day of use after getting the CS, just getting some cattracks/lifters done with some grip. its pointless with the regular 130 when you can have a redster CS.

STI 130's are easier for GF to get on than her technica 115w btw... (but its still a 2 person project)

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Club sports are surprisingly easy to get on / off, even my downsized punched ones. They are not like fullblown raceboots. guessing its a more modern plastic, but honestly they areas easy as a hawx or whatever. we have tried it down to -18c with hours of skiiing. Dont worry about it! you will love them.
Thats good to hear!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

GREAT info, thanks!

I may revisit the Club Sport idea.........I mean, they are ALL red!

EDIT: Order the Redsters for next fall instead. I hope you're not spinning yarms @anders_nor! :ogbiggrin:

@chris_the_wrench and I will be boot twins, after all.....

Last edited:

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I find my CS boots easier to get on and off than my Lange RS140 boots. Less bite on the top of my foot when coming off. I wouldn't call them easy, but manageable

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
GREAT info, thanks!

I may revisit the Club Sport idea.........I mean, they are ALL red!

EDIT: Order the Redsters for next fall instead. I hope you're not spinning yarms @anders_nor! :ogbiggrin:
No idea what spinning yarns means as it doesnt translate well to my language , but I own 2 x130 cs redsters, and soon one with injection pro fancyness!
@ScottB agrees! 'ish though!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No idea what spinning yarns means as it doesnt translate well to my language ,

Translation: Hoping you are not exaggerating about how reasonable it is to remove them in the parking lot after a day of skiing.

As long as they are significantly easier than my old Raptor 140 boots, I'll be happy.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thats good to hear!
followup, new soles (pair 3, now fully custom) on my downsized & punched 27,5's getting them on in total darkness alone was a bit of a PITA ;) more friction less room than the oem ones, and the other foodbed I tried. I used more than my usual 1-2 seconds and even had to split the lowercuff with some handforce.

but if I can do it alone in the dark in strong wind on boilerplate ice parkinglot... etc.. yah quite doable. They also spent quite a few hours in the car so were not warm today.

Ski performance was superb today on the iced over hills for testing out GS skis, and jumping back to my cheater GS. I picked up some demos from atomic on their RS and FIS 188 for testing.

Sponsor

Staff online