• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Atomic Professional Series

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Hey Skitalk-ers – For the 21/22 ski season, Atomic is rolling out a new level of products called the Professional Series. The Professional Series will sit above our regular range of products, designed to give skiers and boot-fitters the best skiing, best fitting, and most customizable ski boots that ski boot brands have traditionally shied away from. Basically, the Professional Series is for people who have historically bought their favorite boot, got an aftermarket liner (like an Intuition or Zip Fit or Sidas etc.), and put on an aftermarket strap, like a Booster. Simply put- our expressed aim with the Professional Series is to make the best ski boots possible. No-holds-barred. No corners cut.

Redster.jpg

The Professional Series is segmented in four parts: complete boots, aftermarket liners, aftermarket power straps and boot-fitting tools (for retailers). The complete boots (in year one) are the Redster Club Sport 130 Professional, the new Hawx Ultra 130 & 115 W Professional, and Hawx Prime 130 Professional. These boots are built like their respective inline siblings but with Mimic Professional liners and Professional Dual Straps (the 115 W comes with a 40mm Velcro strap because the short cuff does not allow for a Professional Dual Strap). They are the one-stop-shop if you need all of it at once.

Professional Parts.jpg

The Mimic Professional liner (available aftermarket for Redster STI & TI, Redster CS, Hawx Ultra & Prime, and Hawx Ultra W & Prime W) is our answer to supplying the most badass liner ever created. This liner features Mimic technology in the heel & ankle area combined with our Redster foam technology used in World Cup racing. The Mimic material, heat moldable plastic tongue, heat moldable carbon fiber cuff & injected foam cure and harden together creating a fit unlike any other foam liner on the market. The hard Mimic material in the heel & ankle create the ideal interface with the shell and the PU foam creates the ideal next-to-foot fit. To take things a step further, there are also 3 different tongue volumes available (our V3 Tongue System- LV Fit, MV fit, and HV fit) to further perfect the interface of the leg with the boot. One of the coolest things about this liner is that once it cools/cures, you can ski it immediately without any break-in period. Exact lifespan is honestly hard to say at this point but we’ve got racers who have used a liner for two seasons now and they are still going strong. It’s safe to say they will last as long as your shell and then some. This is such a unique way to build a liner that we are being granted a patent for it, which isn’t happening too often in the world of liners these days.

Mimic Professional.jpg
Mimic Pro and V3.jpg

The Professional Dual Strap combines elastic elements with our patented Dual Strap. The top half of the strap is a combination of elastic material and a “static” Velcro adjustment which sits directly on the liner tongue. The lower half is made of fully elastic material and sits directly on the cuff. The strap can be as elastic/active/damp as you want or as static/fixed as you want and anywhere in between. The main way to set it up is for the strap to be fully active during the first half of the boot's flex pattern (like skiing through choppy/rough snow) but then it becomes fixed and powerful during the latter half of the boot's flex pattern (when railing turns on groomers). This has basically become the only strap used by our athletes on the World Cup. It’s so awesome, I legitimately can’t over-hype this.

Dual Strap.jpg
Professional Dual Strap tech.jpg

I can ramble on and on about this stuff, so I will just stop here for now and leave you with this pic of Travis Ganong at last week's Hahnenkamm replacing his old traditional foam liner with Mimic Professional and getting the latest Professional Dual Strap

IMG_0923 2.jpg

Availability is slated for late summer/early fall ’21

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Sounds cool. Why did it take so long to offer the full package (well not quite no mention of proper footbeds)? I assume waiting for Booster Straps to come off patent had something to do with it.

I'm guessing you are going to limit distribution to fitters who know what they are doing given the ease at which a foamed liner can be messed up?

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Sounds cool. Why did it take so long to offer the full package (well not quite no mention of proper footbeds)? I assume waiting for Booster Straps to come off patent had something to do with it.

I'm guessing you are going to limit distribution to fitters who know what they are doing given the ease at which a foamed liner can be messed up?

I touch upon this a bit in the podcast I did with Blister Gear Review, but boot brands are generally handicapped by thinking they need to live within certain price points in order to maximize their success as a business. While this is true for Atomic too, we think we have the normal price points well covered with the normal Redster CS/Hawx Ultra/Hawx Prime boots and it's time to do more.

Footbeds are something we don't make or supply, but we absolutely think footbeds are a crucial ingredient in the recipe of a well-fitting ski boot. In our retailer training for the Professional Series, we definitely encourage boot-fitters to use their favorite footbed option to correctly position the foot to ensure the ideal interface between foot and boot is created.

We are limiting distribution to Atomic retailers that are proficient in boot-fitting, custom footbeds, etc. While this is a foam liner, Mimic Professional solves almost all of the issues that plague traditional "bottle" foam liners. Mimic Professional delivers an incredibly consistent fit & quality that takes the stress & fear out of foaming. It really is one of the easiest liners for a competent boot fitter to work with.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
I heard your discussion on the blister podcast and it all sounds fantastic. Can you give me an indication of what the costs will be ? I'm in the UK, so £ if possible, € if not .
Regards, can't wait to see the new gear once all the madness subsides..
Stay safe.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I've never skied an Atomic boot, but the more I see/hear about this the more I'm considering switching over. That Redster Club Sport pro maybe next years boot for me.

Are your skiers, that are running these, putting liners on first and then slipping into the shells? Or leaving liners in the shells?

-Chris

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
we in europe are seeing 2022 atomic stuff tricle in, so maybe this as well?

I find myself fitting in your 100mm boots better, I have the "jahnsrud toe" on right side pinky knucle thing is pretty wide

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
I heard your discussion on the blister podcast and it all sounds fantastic. Can you give me an indication of what the costs will be ? I'm in the UK, so £ if possible, € if not .
Regards, can't wait to see the new gear once all the madness subsides..
Stay safe.
I'm really not sure how the UK pricing will go, I think the UK team is still trying to figure it out given what is happening over there.

Here are the MSRPs in the US:
Hawx Ultra 130 Professional- $1,050
Hawx Ultra 115 Professional W - $900
Hawx Prime 130 Professional - $1,050
Redster CS 130 Professional - $1,050
Mimic Professional liners - $300
Professional Dual Straps - $80

Last edited:
TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
I've never skied an Atomic boot, but the more I see/hear about this the more I'm considering switching over. That Redster Club Sport pro maybe next years boot for me.

Are your skiers, that are running these, putting liners on first and then slipping into the shells? Or leaving liners in the shells?

-Chris
Redster TI & STI go on the foot first. The rest of the liners can live in the shell.

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
we in europe are seeing 2022 atomic stuff tricle in, so maybe this as well?

I find myself fitting in your 100mm boots better, I have the "jahnsrud toe" on right side pinky knucle thing is pretty wide

This stuff looks great. I kinda want to try the new liner in my Fischer Podiums. Are they available now(isn)?

Given the difficulties of this year, things will be available early summer/fall '21.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Where in austria are you guys located? I'm there from time to time for carracing, would be cool to get fitted at factory if possible

Fair enough. Just a cry from the Sasquatchs/Hobbits as we are so often left behind by boot ranges or given some low end "comfort" boot.
Tall people have this for skis all the time as well... but I guess its a numbers game.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
This sounds great. I'm in for new boots next year. Have to talk to my fitter and see if this Hawk will be good for me. I have square toes, so I feel the pain of the wide feet people. My current Hawk's have been so customized I really don't want to give them up. Hopefully they will out early enough, or I've got a trip to WB to see the fitter.....

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Will read later, after "snow management" then skiing.

But first, thanks so much for this!

Sponsor

Staff online