• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Atomic Ski Boot Discussion

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tony Storaro perhaps you could lobby Atomic to do a variation on this old Fischer for your wife?!

Ski Boot Ugle.JPG

Spring sale shopping. The black ones were $100 more. These were darn near free!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tony Storaro perhaps you could lobby Atomic to do a variation on this old Fischer for your wife?!

View attachment 122756
Spring sale shopping. The black ones were $100 more. These were darn near free!

Man, I said she likes white or light gray or turquoise, I never said anything about her abusing acid... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

I am listening to the Blister podcast in which The Kid here ( I assume) talks about the Professional.
They will be coming in leather suitcase! Haha, I am sooooo sold...:ogbiggrin:

I will go with Redster Dud Professional!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
White or light grey would be nice. Honestly, this particular girl would love turquoise but I dare not ask for it. :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Hey, I've got a girl here would love either 2008's Blue Iris pantone (18-3943) or 2010's Turquoise (15-5519 ), be bold and dare. All the bikes are over in that part of the rainbow now.

1612105433773.png

1612105563713.png

(She's happily agreed that the italian flag green highlights on the 130 Prime are sharp and will accept that - for now)

Last edited:

WVC7

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi Everyone, I figured I would create a thread where you can drop any questions you may have about Atomic alpine & touring boots and I will do my best to address them. I just made a thread for our new Atomic Professional Series, but this will serve as something more general.

I hope you find it helpful and look forward to helping out!

I'll start with a bit of the hype train for the new 21/22 Hawx Ultra 130 S

View attachment 122615
Question: When will the Mimic Liner be available in the Hawx Magna line? I love my current Magna's of a few years back and ready for new ones, but not crazy about the current liner.

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Question: When will the Mimic Liner be available in the Hawx Magna line? I love my current Magna's of a few years back and ready for new ones, but not crazy about the current liner.
For the 21/22 season (Fall'21 availability), Mimic technology will find its way into the Hawx Magna collection.

Mimic Professional liners will not be available for Hawx Magna in 21/22 and it's a little too early to talk about beyond that unfortunately.

WVC7

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Sorry, not sure I understand. The Mimic tech will find it's way but not in the liner? Thanks

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Sorry, not sure I understand. The Mimic tech will find it's way but not in the liner? Thanks
Mimic is a heat moldable technology. It is used in liners that you can wear immediately. Liner model examples are Mimic Platinum or Mimic Gold.

Mimic Professional is a special type of Mimic liner that is impossible to wear immediately. It needs to be heated & foamed to you in order to go skiing.

The 21/22 Hawx Magna 130 S and 120 S get a Mimic Platinum liner and the 110 S gets a Mimic Gold liner. There is no Mimic Professional liner available for Hawx Magna.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Will the 19/20 Redster Club Sport 130 support Mimic Professional?

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Will the 19/20 Redster Club Sport 130 support Mimic Professional?

Yes - the Mimic Professional liners are backwards compatible with a few different generations of Atomic boots.

The liners are basically compatible with most every analogous boot from other boot brands too: World Cup race (92-95mm), commercial race (96-98mm), all-mountain narrow (98mm), and all-mountain medium (100mm)

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
On this Atomic Redster WC 90 boot- anyone know where to source one? I am missing a part. I guess these spine bolts control some cuff rotational adjustment.
IMG_5769.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Your feet don't care what they look like, just that they fit. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :geek::geek::geek:

And you just had to go and slap in the face the fashion driven and looks focused elegant people among us!?!?
This is outrageous! This is like saying it doesn't matter what colour the lenses of your goggles or sunglasses are, or your jacket, or pants, or helmet! I am shaken to the core!

iS tHis A pErsOnal atTackOrSomEthing???:geek::geek:

TS
onenerdykid

onenerdykid

Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
On this Atomic Redster WC 90 boot- anyone know where to source one? I am missing a part. I guess these spine bolts control some cuff rotational adjustment.
Looks like any m5 bolt. Any hardware shop.

I'm sure an Atomic dealer can order one for you but it will be much faster and cheaper for you to go down to a hardware store and get a replacement. Bring the boot and existing screw with you.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And you just had to go and slap in the face the fashion driven and looks focused elegant people among us!?!?
This is outrageous! This is like saying it doesn't matter what colour the lenses of your goggles or sunglasses are, or your jacket, or pants, or helmet! I am shaken to the core!

Never follow fashion.

Instead be a DRIVER of fashion! :ogbiggrin: