• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Best Value/Sleeper Bindings for 2022/23

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2023_BEST_SKI_BINDING_VALUES.png

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article The Best Value/Sleeper Bindings for 2022/23. Please add to the discussion here.

Last edited:

DerKommissar

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have the Warden 11's undergone any meaningful changes across the last few model years? I ask because they can often be found cheaper (Say, around $160 or less) on places like evo, but they will also be selling a full price version. I don't know if they just sell some of the color ways for less or if they are older models.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have the Warden 11's undergone any meaningful changes across the last few model years? I ask because they can often be found cheaper (Say, around $160 or less) on places like evo, but they will also be selling a full price version. I don't know if they just sell some of the color ways for less or if they are older models.
Leftover bindings can usually be found at a discount. As far as change, there was an earlier version of the Warden 11 that was not MNC and had a single stage heel, I would just say to avoid that one.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
What’s the difference between SPX Rockerace 12 and regular SPX 12?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What’s the difference between SPX Rockerace 12 and regular SPX 12?
SPX Rockerace has a short mount distance similar to, but not the same, as the Pivot allowing for a lower rotational weigh and allowing the ski to flex more naturally.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
SPX Rockerace has a short mount distance similar to, but not the same, as the Pivot allowing for a lower rotational weigh and allowing the ski to flex more naturally.
That sounds awesome! So blending the space between the pure race plate world and the good old flat mounted pivots?

dcpnz

Booting up
Skier
But Look has always said the Rockerace requires a race plate and strongly recommends against flat mounting. Unless they've changed their tune on that its a surprising inclusion here is it not?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's better than a short mounting distance? A floating heel.

And Head's FreeFlex 11 GW race bindings ($250) checks all the boxes of the AM 12, plus the floating heel design for only 25 bucks more.
Other than a lighter spring, and being heavier it is viable option. this is a good option for a ski that might be mroe hard snow biased but the seperate toe/heel of the AM is a better option for an all mountain ski.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But Look has always said the Rockerace requires a race plate and strongly recommends against flat mounting. Unless they've changed their tune on that its a surprising inclusion here is it not?
You are correct and we are looking to change that.