• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Cadillac of SUV's?

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Caddy has a younger customer than you think, in the 55+ community I live in, the Lincoln SUV is the most popular. The second choice is clearly the Lexus SUV. Just the statement about a "Benz wannabe" is telling what you think is the top vehicle.
Lincoln and Caddy are both about the same demographic...oddly Lincoln doesn't get onto this list.

1652546941889.png

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
New Cadilacs can be quite fast; google CTS V.
But like a lot of modern high-tech cars, they can be nightmares when the have a few years and miles on them.
Lincolns on the other hand seem to have kept the reputation for durability.....at the expense of being under-powered dogs.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Lincoln and Caddy are both about the same demographic...oddly Lincoln doesn't get onto this list.

View attachment 169140
It is odd that Lincoln is not on the list. Just where did you find this list? It says the 22 most popular, just hard to believe that Lincoln is not in the top 22. Since the upper level vehicle are more expensive, it does seem credible that the people who have had a longer time to accumulate the type of resources to purchase one are older.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Uncle-A

Skier
That is total vehicle sold 2021 and 20K is not a lot of vehicles. What I found interesting is that it was down 17% and percentage wise Chevy was down 17% also even though they sold over a million vehicles. The high end vehicle Infinity was down 26% and in my community I don't think we even have more than 4 or 5 of those. Just to frame my comments about my community 240 houses of two car families and many are three car families. No house is under 500K value. They all can purchase what ever vehicle they want.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
2022 MB GLS63 AMG 603 HP, 0-60 3.6 Secs. 3 Rows, and fine German Luxury interior! Safety gizmo's and Driver assistance as expected + Hybrid!

Uncle-A

Skier
No house is under $1m where I live. We cannot afford what we want... :roflmao:
That's sounds like you over extended yourself. If you lived in an over 55 community that values 500K you could afford the rest of the things you want. If you purchase a 1M value house what's left for the things you want. It is just me and my wife and we have more space than we need and a lot left over for the things we want. :)

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
That's sounds like you over extended yourself. If you lived in an over 55 community that values 500K you could afford the rest of the things you want. If you purchase a 1M value house what's left for the things you want. It is just me and my wife and we have more space than we need and a lot left over for the things we want. :)
I may be doing ok ...;)

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Work from home has just become more permanent for me and we'll likely be cashing out of this stupidity and moving on. I bought long ago and have some good equity. And I hate the city. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy...

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think the decline in Cadillac started when they went to badge engineering (not that the Escalade isn't) then peoples expectation of luxury changed from barcaloungers to firm riding european then high end Japanese cars. From then it was really tough to get those customers back.
Cimarron

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Everyone quotes that one but the real badge engineered barcaloungers were the bigger ones. You could totally get reasonable road feel with a Cimarron with little more than shock & bushing changes but something like a 10th or 11th gen Eldorado/Biarritz was just a big floating, senseless whale. So senseless that you could have a broken control arm and not feel it (yes that actually happened).

And then the GM paint crisis hit. And that was on all models.

Last edited: