• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
thanks for short-circuiting my contribution to thread drift! This thread is about dogs, of which I have 3 - all labs including a chocolate who could stand in for Tara (at least in pictures, but not in hunting/retrieving skills).
Funny how all the chocolate labs look a like. She is my 3rd lab, I had all 3 colors. My first lab, Sassy, was black, I was in kid. She was not a bird dog but a freebie dog, she road on my motorcycle.

My lab before Tara was Molly, my first gun dog, RIP 2015. I miss this ol girl, I get all misty eyed thinking about her...

2007 Hunting Season - 22.JPG

152.JPG

2012 Hunting Season - 10.jpg

2013 Hunting Season - 15.JPG

2013 Hunting Season - 26.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My condolences @jmills115

So sad when they pass.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I'm so sorry to read this, but it was lovely to see Sadie's life story in pictures. She certainly looks to have been a sweet puppy and a darling grown dog. I'm sure you miss her.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Buddy the Boston Terrier joined us after Sadie. He was all in for her from the beginning. We had a crate for each of them and Buddy didn’t think that was needed so if he thought we might be leaving the house, he would go stand in front of the big crate wanting to be with Sadie.
He would stand in front until he learned being inside as far back as possible gave him a better chance to stay with her.
I am not sure if he had this skill already or if he learned it when he moved in.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@jmills115 so sorry for your loss - she looked like a loving and well loved family member from your photos and description

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sadie D. Mills passed away 1/15/2022.

View attachment 155998

I spent Friday night snuggling with her on her bed.
@jmills115 , very sorry to hear that Sadie passed. Lovely pic's and stories.

always puts tears in my eyes given how I feel about my pooches. Hoping time tempers the pain and fosters the happy memories.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Losing ones own pet is so hard, as @Uncle-A said, they're part of our family.

Takes time to adjust, seems worse when the pooch passes unexpectedly.

I get saddened hearing about any pet passing, mistreated, etc. I work some rescue, moved an older pooch last month who was fostered for a long time. Old, blind, deaf, but a sweet dog as one would expect having traveled some 20 miles on his own when lost ... heartworms, fleas, etc before being rescued.

We moved him from Wichita to his forever home in Green Bay. Sweet guy seemed to enjoy the extra attention given when moving and a new home, but decided he had endured enough and heard he was was content and calm given the extra attention. Heard this week he passed away. Only traveled with him the day, 9 hrs only, still makes me sad, he'd rest his head on your hand while traveling shotgun.

Give your pooches an extra hug tonight and toast those who've passed but left a bit of their heart with us.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Losing ones own pet is so hard, as @Uncle-A said, they're part of our family.

Takes time to adjust, seems worse when the pooch passes unexpectedly.

I get saddened hearing about any pet passing, mistreated, etc. I work some rescue, moved an older pooch last month who was fostered for a long time. Old, blind, deaf, but a sweet dog as one would expect having traveled some 20 miles on his own when lost ... heartworms, fleas, etc before being rescued.

We moved him from Wichita to his forever home in Green Bay. Sweet guy seemed to enjoy the extra attention given when moving and a new home, but decided he had endured enough and heard he was was content and calm given the extra attention. Heard this week he passed away. Only traveled with him the day, 9 hrs only, still makes me sad, he'd rest his head on your hand while traveling shotgun.

Give your pooches an extra hug tonight and toast those who've passed but left a bit of their heart with us.
You earn an extra gold star from me for your work with rescues.

Sponsor

Staff online