• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I got a ball at last nights game...Hazel has a new toy...
IMG20220630223240.jpg

IMG20220630223450.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ginsburg is in pain of some sort today and could use some good thoughts. The signs are NOT the exact ones we normally see with a flare up of the infection and she was playing hard last night so I'm hoping she just tweaked something. She hopped up on Trazadone and Gabapentin due to fireworks (the town display is set off just a mile from us) so she's pretty mellow due to those which means it's hard to judge her demeanor. Her mama has all sorts of anxiety going on due to this development to add to the bar exam anxiety. Good times over here.

1656821487244.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mel

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Ginsburg is in pain of some sort today and could use some good thoughts. The signs are the exact ones we normally see with a flare up of the infection and she was playing hard last night so I'm hoping she just tweaked something. She hopped up on Trazadone and Gabapentin due to fireworks (the town display is set off just a mile from us) so she's pretty mellow due to those which means it's hard to judge her demeanor. Her mama has all sorts of anxiety going on due to this development to add to the bar exam anxiety. Good times over here.

View attachment 172561
So sorry to hear her pain is back. Best of luck to you both. Sending good vibes right now.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@coskigirl , best wishes on bar, first time out verses 6th time the charm ;)

Hoping it's just activity for Ginsburg, our older Roxy shows and acts different if getting busy day of activity.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ginsburg is in pain of some sort today and could use some good thoughts. The signs are NOT the exact ones we normally see with a flare up of the infection and she was playing hard last night so I'm hoping she just tweaked something. She hopped up on Trazadone and Gabapentin due to fireworks (the town display is set off just a mile from us) so she's pretty mellow due to those which means it's hard to judge her demeanor. Her mama has all sorts of anxiety going on due to this development to add to the bar exam anxiety. Good times over here.

View attachment 172561
Best wishes to Ginsburg and good luck on the bar. Remember…. It’s a pass-fail test!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sending lots of good and healing thoughts for Ginsburg <3

Miss Remy is also very ouchy today despite Rimadyl. Doesn't help we're in the middle of a 2 month wait for a TPLO consult, but this seems like it's the other leg. Jumped off the couch in the morning and had immediate regrets.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another one on the infirm and gabapentin list. Archie had his first round of heart worm treatment this week. I’d have gladly traded my ski season to have done this in the winter. No summer puppy fun allowed now. No hikes in the woods, no playing with friends in the park, and no chasing squirrels or bunnies in the yard.
F89EF511-7578-488E-BDC4-BEFC95B37C8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Another one on the infirm and gabapentin list. Archie had his first round of heart worm treatment this week. I’d have gladly traded my ski season to have done this in the winter. No summer puppy fun allowed now. No hikes in the woods, no playing with friends in the park, and no chasing squirrels or bunnies in the yard. View attachment 172603
Where is Archie now in the treatment protocol?

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Where is Archie now in the treatment protocol?
Just his first melarsomine injection so far. He'll get the second and third at the end of the month, and then 6- 8 more weeks of quiet time. So basically no active fun until September. On the plus side, this is forcing us to work harder on training him not to get worked up at every sound he hears outside. He's learning that instead of barking to warn us of all the imminent dangers, he should come and sit in front of us and wait for his treat.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Another one on the infirm and gabapentin list. Archie had his first round of heart worm treatment this week. I’d have gladly traded my ski season to have done this in the winter. No summer puppy fun allowed now. No hikes in the woods, no playing with friends in the park, and no chasing squirrels or bunnies in the yard.
@skiki as tough as that is, it is so much better than the alternative. As a high school kid had a very beloved dog die in my arms from heartworm; that was a terrible way to go. Be so thankful it is now curable, one summer is so much better than forever.
(It happened in the back of the family station wagon on the way up to Fort Collins, the CSU vet school was just developing a new revolutionary treatment for heartworm, Skipper had been admitted to the pilot program.)

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Poor Skipper, that must have been tough. Yes, I count us as quite lucky in that his vet said the x-rays showed no permanent damage to his heart.

Sponsor

Staff online