• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
my overly cautious rescue Xerkes

soo painful to have him stand there like this for 5 min when it's cold out
Resized_20220727_154340.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
In Santa Fe today hooked up with speed skier Ross Anderson (America’s FASTEST person on skis: 154.06 MPH in 2006). We initially met back at the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame event in Sun Valley back in March.
0C7861CA-3585-428C-BF91-0126CC4CD5F0.jpeg

5BA9934B-0E5A-4497-9256-EE65DE41E664.jpeg

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMG_8405.jpeg

Can Miss R have some healing thoughts please? After a sudden sharp decline in hind end mobility and a trip to the neurologist+spinal MRI, it looks like she's got some bulging discs. Not enough to warrant surgery (yet) but enough to make her pretty miserable considering she was running and jumping 6 weeks ago. Hoping strict rest and liquid NSAIDs do the trick.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can Miss R have some healing thoughts please? After a sudden sharp decline in hind end mobility and a trip to the neurologist+spinal MRI, it looks like she's got some bulging discs. Not enough to warrant surgery (yet) but enough to make her pretty miserable considering she was running and jumping 6 weeks ago. Hoping strict rest and liquid NSAIDs do the trick.
Hows Miss R feeling?

Wishing her (and family) the best.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 174350

Oh, poor baby. Hope she's feeling better soon!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hows Miss R feeling?

Wishing her (and family) the best.
Remy's still pretty painful. And bored. The anti-inflammatory is helping a bit. My vet is pissed that the neurologist doesn't think it's worth operating yet, because she thinks it is that bad. She went from cheerfully sprinting after squirrels to barely dragging herself off the ground using only her front legs. It feels like neurology is comparing her to your average 12 year old dog's mobility level and not her baseline normal.

Oh, poor baby. Hope she's feeling better soon!
Thanks, I hope so too! It's hard to see them suffer and not be able to fix it for them :(

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Remy's still pretty painful. And bored. The anti-inflammatory is helping a bit. My vet is pissed that the neurologist doesn't think it's worth operating yet, because she thinks it is that bad. She went from cheerfully sprinting after squirrels to barely dragging herself off the ground using only her front legs. It feels like neurology is comparing her to your average 12 year old dog's mobility level and not her baseline normal.

Thanks, I hope so too! It's hard to see them suffer and not be able to fix it for them :(
Oh no, I am so sorry :( this sucks :(

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ginsburg tried swimming for the first time today. She doesn’t love it but seemed to relax some after a few tries. I’m a bit nervous right now because a few minutes ago she screamed from the downstairs bed like she was in pain but then she ran upstairs like something had frightened her so I’m not sure what that’s about. I’ve medicated her just in case and will see how she does in the morning.

ACE67AF1-861F-4C28-B498-4763869D505E.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My two collies. Chill and Revel.
Wow, I'm out of touch with collies as I've never seen or thought of them being white.

Beautiful!!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January