• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
Our
patrol mutt.jpg
GSD mix up at the hill.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20220810_162242.jpg

Xerxes and a cat nip toy.

Basenjis are noted to be cat like, funny as he was so excited finding it after my daughters cat forgot it

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Stumbled upon a doggy daycare website when looking at camp sites in Northern Vermont…and found myself staring at a floppy eared Rendl!

1C6854D7-4EB2-4229-9FA6-5F12868D66A5.jpeg

And Rendl, for comparison…
(he actually has golden brown eyes like the dog above, but they look much darker in this photo)

E874692A-60AF-4159-82A1-2F9A2D2B46DC.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Barbie's DNA came back. We were right on the Siberian Huskey over guessed on the herding dogs. My wife has been saying she is a coyote for a month; she knows of what she speaks.

Bottom line, she is a dog.
Barbie 60722.jpg
20220811_152102.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Has anyone ever sent in DNA from a dog with papers? Did it only show the breed expected? Do you send a picture of the dog when you send in the DNA sample?
They do not require a picture when you submit the samples. With our other dog Bentley, they replied with 6 ancestors by name who were papered Boxers. I have been impressed by WisdomPanel.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Several years ago a friend sent in his dog's DNA for a test. The dog was a mutt, for sure. It came back with Malamute, husky, and a bunch of other breeds that in no way resembled what this dog would have been. We figured they take your money then throw darts at a breed chart. Maybe they were right but it sure didn't look like it!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone ever sent in DNA from a dog with papers? Did it only show the breed expected? Do you send a picture of the dog when you send in the DNA sample?
My daughter had her (AKC papered) Husky tested.

100% husky

They provide the dogs "wolfiness score"; Most dogs have wolfiness scores of 1% or less. "We find populations and breeds with higher scores of 2-4% occasionally, and unique dogs with scores of 5% or above more rarely."

Her doggie came in at 5.2

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is what Lily, my favorite dog ever, looks like now. 60 lb black lab whose star was very bright but burned out all too quickly. Had to put her down last week, at 10 yo, due to osteosarcoma and arthritis. Probably my fault - that dog would retrieve frisbees 24/7 at top speed if you let her, and I probably should have been more circumspect about that.
Lily.jpg

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is what Lily, my favorite dog ever, looks like now. 60 lb black lab whose star was very bright but burned out all too quickly. Had to put her down last week, at 10 yo, due to osteosarcoma and arthritis. Probably my fault - that dog would retrieve frisbees 24/7 at top speed if you let her, and I probably should have been more circumspect about that.
I am so sorry for your loss. Know that this was definitely not your fault. I lost my last dog to osteosarcoma too. It's a terrible disease that takes them too soon, and most times there's nothing we could do. What you did was give her joy. Sending you many healing thoughts.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
that dog would retrieve frisbees 24/7 at top speed if you let her, and I probably should have been more circumspect about that.
Sounds as if Lily lived her life with gusto -- and has you to thank for that.

Sorry for your loss. Their time here is always too short for us.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So sorry about Lily - she sounds like a wonderful dog

Reactions: doc

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry too to hear of Lily's passing.

I'm sure she'd was happier playing than not.

Hard to lose a beloved pet, hoping fun memories temper your loss.

Reactions: doc

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was blessed today to help tx a needy pooch today.

Sweet 10 yr old pooch whose owner had health issues and unable to keep her.

20220813_172045.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online