• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
20220916_201222.jpg

"Is he breathing?"

20220916_201338.jpg

"Yes, I'm still alive. I was just sleeping."

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
1663446721803.png

LOL....not for sale...unless you have 5 digits before decimal. :cattledog: Moved from California......to Texas.....and now moving to Taos. :yahoo: Listen to lyrics to get it. I do want a bunny and my kitty's.

Last edited:

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
First time out of the yard all summer, but Archie agrees that when your 2 year adoption anniversary and 6 week post heartworm treatment coincide a pup cup at Frozen Freddie’s is called for. (Still waiting another week or so before we start walks again though.)
945AFB4F-E378-406B-91FB-8868FFD999B2.jpeg

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First time out of the yard all summer, but Archie agrees that when your 2 year adoption anniversary and 6 week post heartworm treatment coincide a pup cup at Frozen Freddie’s is called for. (Still waiting another week or so before we start walks again though.) View attachment 178522
Awww, happy gotcha day Archie!!!!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So how much can a rescue decide to ,"go" as far away as possible?

Really funny as my kids don't use the "playground" now but it is being " repurpose

Dang farts, but its away from the house

Screenshot_20220918-164419_Gallery.jpg
20220918_164452.jpg

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Miss Remy passed last night at the age of 12, six weeks short of her adoptiversary, surrounded by the people who love her. She lit up my life for 1,417 days but it simultaneously feels like forever and no time at all. I’ll be forever grateful that she got a few more days of snuggles and her own bed, but as the ER doc reminded us, just because something might be treatable doesn’t mean they’ll survive it. She fought really hard and did her best but she just got tired and we told her it was okay to give up. She did her best. Now it was our turn to do our best.

Here are some photos from the early days. I hope she can be that joyous again, wherever she is.

9EB4C017-B062-4DAA-9041-59052439E983.jpeg

Showing off her bestie Dino. No touch, only look. He’s going to live in my bed now. I never expected he would outlive her.

69807747-A075-4DCD-BD7E-C7573B76EEE0.jpeg

“Helping” me work. Little known fact: Remy was an accomplished theoretical physicist who just hid it well to stop me from feeling bad about not finishing my thesis

Sleep well, pup pup.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Miss Remy passed last night at the age of 12, six weeks short of her adoptiversary, surrounded by the people who love her. She lit up my life for 1,417 days but it simultaneously feels like forever and no time at all. I’ll be forever grateful that she got a few more days of snuggles and her own bed, but as the ER doc reminded us, just because something might be treatable doesn’t mean they’ll survive it. She fought really hard and did her best but she just got tired and we told her it was okay to give up. She did her best. Now it was our turn to do our best.

Here are some photos from the early days. I hope she can be that joyous again, wherever she is.

Showing off her bestie Dino. No touch, only look. He’s going to live in my bed now. I never expected he would outlive her.

“Helping” me work. Little known fact: Remy was an accomplished theoretical physicist who just hid it well to stop me from feeling bad about not finishing my thesis

Sleep well, pup pup.
So sorry for your loss Zircon, there can never be the right words for you and your family.
Just know she does not hurt anymore and is across the Bridge playing with a lot of other really great dogs.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am so sorry for your loss, but she was a lucky pup to have landed in your home for the time and love you had with her.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
@zircon - the appropriate words for today are "Poo. Poo. And thrice Poo." I remember well the day 11 years ago that my dog Wishus died. I very much doubt that a day since has gone past without my thinking about him and I'm sure it will be the same with your Miss Remy. Dogs are magical, and as one of the great proofs of quantum mechanics where things can be in two states at the same time and stuff like that, all of our dogs are the best dogs ever, all at the same time.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very thoughtful of her to hide her inner physicist so well ;)
Our house has it's own physics minded pups- Archie's full name is John Archibald. The mutt who was taken off to college answers to Q Bism.
So sorry to hear of Remy's passing. We take them into our homes and hearts knowing this day will come, but that never makes it any easier. The look on her face in the second photo says it all, she knew she was loved.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ginsburg made herself at home in the chair in mom’s room at the rehab center. For those counting, we’re on hospitalization 12 and rehab stay 3 since late November 2021 for mom.

6157F504-0B07-4BA4-A438-04CD1CF7C3DF.jpeg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
12 and 3 - Oh my. That's a lot of transitions and stress for you and your mom. Ginsburg looks like she knows what's going on.

Ginsburg adores my mom and was super happy when we pulled into the parking lot. She just doesn’t love the hard floors.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid