• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Hazeldoggie hiding in car. Fixed box and ran through car wash....0 leaks. :)

IMG20221109124423.jpg

IMG20221109124532.jpg

IMG20221109155233.jpg

And since it's a doggie thread....we met a wolf mix on last road trip...
IMG20221030155414.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
After ending up with two dogs on my bed in one motel room, we got two beds this time.
20221109_201903.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After ending up with two dogs on my bed in one motel room, we got two beds this time.
Are the two getting back to a routine having lost Pepper? Last time we lost a pooch the others seemed a bit down and needy to be near.

hoping similar for you ...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the two getting back to a routine having lost Pepper? Last time we lost a pooch the others seemed a bit down and needy to be near.

hoping similar for you ...
They seem fine. We got home today and they immediately went and played in the snow.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for you dog owners. Do you get claw marks on quality manufactured flooring? I have friends that would like to bring their black lab. If they nail trim, can I trust that will prevent marks?

My flooring looks similar to @JeffB 's above.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have hardwood, never had claw marks. YMMV.
Question for you dog owners. Do you get claw marks on quality manufactured flooring? I have friends that would like to bring their black lab. If they nail trim, can I trust that will prevent marks?

JeffB

ODAT
Skier

The answer for me is there are claw marks all over the house. When I bulldozed the place and had it rebuilt, I selected real oak flooring but used an oil based stain with no polyurethane coating so, ostensibly, I could do touch up work with a paper towel and some additional stain without sanding and a full refinish. It works. The product is called Rubio something. But still. There are marks everywhere much to Mrs JeffB’s dismay and my detriment because I am usually part of the problem.

Oh well. It’s just a floor.
F3974E5F-BCF8-4B54-BDAA-C25B3CBCF6BB.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier

We have 2 VERY active dogs, think Juvenile Delinquents, 45 and 60 lbs. They wrestle and romp several hours a day on the laminate flooring and not a mark from them. The quality of the laminate being used would make a big difference. Would advise to spend a little more money for the thicker flooring, just like for carpet or pad.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

We have hardwood on our main floor, and vinyl plank flooring in our basement. Our hardwood is 17 years old, never refinished, and is scuffed but looks fine. The scuffs preceded the dog, but he’s increased the rate of wear. Vinyl plank is a few years old and looks like brand new despite an 80lb golden. Laminate will scratch/scuff like hardwood due to the materials used in it.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
These all got me in a significant amount of trouble. Encouraging the youngest Golden to “attack” squirrels through closed windows and doors. But whatever. It’s just our house, the most valuable asset we have.
C757E148-61B2-4476-94F1-9DB8764C190C.jpeg
C757E148-61B2-4476-94F1-9DB8764C190C.jpeg
B101C93B-7FB8-4A54-8F7C-47FE82AC0D8F.jpeg
30E1B936-0EEB-42AE-A81C-A76B0BDC6650.jpeg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had 3, now 2, active labs. No scratches on hardwood floors in house from them but, to my disappointment, they manage to scratch the Trex (I think) flooring on my decks quite a bit.

Sponsor

Staff online