• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
So sorry for your loss Bob

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Daisy crossed over the bridge today.
Her liver had given out, there were tumors and she was 13 years old; very old for a Blue Tick Hound. She had spent a couple of days at the vet last week on an IV to help clear out the toxins and it helped.
We brought her home, she ate one more time and then just said no; it was as if she made the choice. I took her back in yesterday, more X-rays were taken and the decision was made. I brought her home and we had one very good evening together, there was no noticeable pain but she was fading, everything was just off but her spirits were very good. Today she was more off, her balance perception and her strength. We went in this afternoon and she got her wings. She went in with her head up with dignity the way she lived. Daisy passed peacefully in my arms.
Our home feels so empty tonight. Our little dog Max is so lost.
So wish I could be more like my dog.
View attachment 112868
I’m very sorry to hear this. Hang on to the years of great memories.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Bad Bob - Daisy sounds like she was just a great dog. One of the crosses of life is that we live longer than our dogs and have to say goodbye to them. I still think about my last dog, Wishus, every single day (he's my screensaver, and I tell the computer that he's a "useless hound" - a term of great endearment - whenever he pops up on it). It's 9 years since we put him down. They bring such pleasure to our lives and seem to take such pleasure in life themselves. I feel for you.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m so sorry for your loss - she sounds like a wonderful dog

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My condolences, @Bad Bob . I'm sure she gave you many wonderful memories that will bring you joy over the years.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Bad Bob ,

I'm sorry to hear but hope her memories lessen the pain.

My kids bought a "memorial" throw blanket with images of our pooches, oddly it brings a degree of comfort whenever I use it to cover our current p act.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Thank you all for the messages of condolence, they mean a lot.

Have been assigned a new job here at home by our little guy Max 'The Great White Wolf of the North'. He has always been the watchdog. He will see another dog, or cat. or squirrel, or leaf blowing down the street and just go off. His next move was to go round up Daisy for back-up. Well, he has given me that duty around here, and will gladly assist. The little guy is really confused and hurting; he sits and looks at his best friends toys or lays in her favorite spots. Pray we don't have a second sad note from this household in the near future.

Max at his best:
20200812_173328.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
A Halloween 'tail'.

What do you believe?

Our well loved dog Daisy passed last Wednesday and is greatly missed. Our friend and neighbor Scott (who was one of Daisy's favorite people) passed last month.

My wife Judy was talking to Scotts' sister yesterday and this story was related by Sandy: 'In a dream Thursday she saw Scott hanging out and playing with a large brown and black hound and they both seemed very happy'.

SANDY DID NOT KNOW THAT DAISY HAD PASSED she learned of Daisy after the story was told. Believe what you will.

123093957_10217904285024325_4897047635795904814_o.jpg

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Much like the dream my niece had when my dog Toby passed away. She saw him with my mother, being hand-fed scraps from the table.

So sweet that Scott was there to take Daisy's leash from you. And so nice to know they land softly on the other side.

Sponsor

Staff online