• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
6174700B-9F2E-402D-BA0D-E7B465651AA4.jpeg

Sulley loves fishing with his dad.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
This picture of Sully has the same expression as did a Dalmatian many moons ago named Domino. I am sure Sully is much smarter, but Domino was playful, fun, and as thick as two short planks (a/k/a as dim as dim could be). He was owned by our next door neighbors and one day my mother and I were out in the garden and Domino ran over. We didn't pay a lot of attention, and then some while later, we heard the lady next door calling him to no avail. After a while she came over to our house and we told her that yes, Domino had been in our garden maybe 30 minutes previously. After some discussion, she just shrugged and said "I wonder where he could be" and began walking back to her house. As she did, she spotted Domino with the same sort of expression as Sully has in the photo looking out of the sun room in our house. He had gone into our house, managed to close the door behind himself, and was stuck in the house - but hadn't had the gumption to bark to let any of us know. Even as neighbors we all loved Domino, but he was definitively not the sharpest tool in the drawer ...

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This picture of Sully has the same expression as did a Dalmatian many moons ago named Domino. I am sure Sully is much smarter, but Domino was playful, fun, and as thick as two short planks (a/k/a as dim as dim could be). He was owned by our next door neighbors and one day my mother and I were out in the garden and Domino ran over. We didn't pay a lot of attention, and then some while later, we heard the lady next door calling him to no avail. After a while she came over to our house and we told her that yes, Domino had been in our garden maybe 30 minutes previously. After some discussion, she just shrugged and said "I wonder where he could be" and began walking back to her house. As she did, she spotted Domino with the same sort of expression as Sully has in the photo looking out of the sun room in our house. He had gone into our house, managed to close the door behind himself, and was stuck in the house - but hadn't had the gumption to bark to let any of us know. Even as neighbors we all loved Domino, but he was definitively not the sharpest tool in the drawer ...

I love that story. We usually describe Sulley as a fun, loving, playful, loyal, smart and a bit mischievous pup. We marvel at his instincts, how well trained he is at 7-8 months and how much he seems to understand. For as smart as he seems sometimes though, he does have his moments of where he appears just the opposite so I can relate to your impression for sure! Lol

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Coach13, what a beautiful dalmation. What's your dog's personality like?

He’s a very loving and playful pup. He loves to run and play and he loves to snuggle. We say he only has 2 gears, high gear and park. We were a bit worried at the start because Dalmatians are known to be very loving and loyal to their owners but not so much to others or other animals. Sulley is just the opposite, at least so far. He loves everybody and every animal he meets. He adores our cats. It likely has to do with how they are raised and socialized. He’s always out and about meeting and greeting. If he sees someone pick up the car keys or even put their shoes on, he grabs his leash and waits by the door

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There’s something about a dog in the frog leg position that makes me deliriously happy every time I see it.
It kinda reminds me of running across the gymnasium and slidding onto my belly as a kid.
Freedom and flexibility.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There’s something about a dog in the frog leg position that makes me deliriously happy every time I see it.

I’ve always heard it’s a sign that when an animal sleeps on their back that they feel safe. I’m not sure if there’s anything to that or not but it makes sense to me.

Sponsor

Staff online