• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
6C7B5193-9805-4B4E-9F30-F7402C3BE1BA.jpeg

“It’s only 11 degrees outside so no way I’m getting out of these covers today!”

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm stunned that we are Nuki's fourth home. (He's only 2 years 8 months old.) How could someone give up this sweet, sweet, guy? Yeah, he's a handful too, but smart as a whip. Which is why he's a handful. Extremely agile, fast, is as quiet as a ninja when he's up to something, very affectionate, and a quick learner. Unfortunately not very food motivated, so it's tough to reward him. (I'm not a clicker type.) Loves overturning things just like cats do. Opens drawers. Is close to figuring out doors. (Apparently opened sliding doors in his old house AND the refrigerator.) A counter surfer. Has figured out a bunch of new "keywords" and learned to lead us in different directions telling us what he wants. But because of his ninja qualities needs a minder around who is actually paying some attention. He's been here exactly 2 months and my husband, who only allowed me to get the dog to keep the peace (I missed Qimmiq, the last one who died, so much), is enamored.

The problematic ones can be the most rewarding and endearing once (if) an understanding is came to!

My daughter's Husky still gives her challenges but the guy isn't near as mischievous as as Nuki. We used all kinds of behavior modification .. really more trading one habit for another ... but still quirky:

Носки hasn't been buddies with my daughter's husband ... after 2 years just recently has been OK with uninitiated pets and affection by hubby. However Носки only allows it when the other dogs aren't around ...

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
One of our previous dogs was named Struppi (sort of translates as Scruffy) we got to pick the litter name as she was a an "L" littler we chose Lady, so Lady Scruffy was on her registration.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
She crosses her legs like that because she is a lady. I love it when she does that.

View attachment 123325

Cooper did that a lot. I think of it as crossing arms ... He was no lady!

He was part Lab. Is it a lab thing?

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cooper did that a lot. I think of it as crossing arms ... He was no lady!

He was part Lab. Is it a lab thing?
Well, I have had 3 labs, all 3 colors, Black, then Yellow, now Chocolate. And none of my other labs did this. Wait a second, was Cooper brown? I don't know, but if you figure it out don't tell me cuz I like pretending she does it because she's a lady.

Bonus pics....

IMG_1727 (2).JPG

IMG_1641 (2).JPG

IMG_3270 - 2.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4635 (2).JPG

She didn't do it as a puppy, it wasn't till she grew up and became a lady.

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
She didn't do it as a puppy, it wasn't till she grew up and became a lady.

IMG_0117.JPG

Her little leggies were so cute and chunky - she couldn't have crossed them if she wanted to!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's hard to get good pictures of a black dog.
IMG_20210206_125018~2.jpg