• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Second last pic is adorable
I'm trying to get more pictures of this new puppy. Looking back, we didn't take many of the puppy stages of our old dog. I regretted not taking more.

It's been 10 years since we had a puppy around. Forgot how much work they are...

Here he is eating the sidewalk. Never had a dog that eats concrete or stone before.
20210324_145418.jpg

Fully grown, he should be around 50 lbs. He's 23lbs now (probably 18lbs in the picture above).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can someone tell me how a dog that has all these legs can curl up into a ball this size?
I kind of envy that kind of flexibility.

I'm amazed by how small my kid's Husky can ball up and the guy is over 60lbs now. I'll have to find a pic of him. tucks his nose under his tail .. which I understand is part of staying warm when temps are cold.

I'm sure @Sibhusky can testify on a Husky's behalf.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Some of mine have curled up tighter than others and it doesn't seem to be size related.

This guy (61 pounds and needs to lose a few) loves this beach chair.
PXL_20210404_194759214~3.jpg

The crazy thing is, he apparently got into that chair behind him today, which is all plastic straps. My husband didn't get a picture, nor did he see how it was achieved.

I used to have a 65 -70 pound one (over standard height) who liked to sleep under a bunk bed that is pretty low to the floor.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
The crazy thing is, he apparently got into that chair behind him today, which is all plastic straps. My husband didn't get a picture, nor did he see how it was achieved.

I find that our cavalier mix is quite agile and able to mountain goat up all sorts of things when we aren't watching... We've tried a few things to reconfigure the couch cushions to keep him off when we leave the house, but he always finds a way to the top of the cushion pile. Found him on the top of the recliner headrest a few times when we put something uncomfortable to block the recliner seat.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday Rendl learned: Porcupines do not want to be friends.

B4402E1D-2D59-4058-8915-9D621042156F.jpeg

Yesterday I learned: The closest 24-hour vet is over an hour away from our condo in Maine.

AD1427CA-D385-434F-A735-2A9C3990322C.jpeg

Poor little guy, curled up waiting for the vet (also still filthy from the hike).

40EF0645-EBA9-4AFF-9E12-D9AE4F236623.jpeg

Last edited:

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Poor pooch, hard to see, you want to help and you need to leave quills to the experts

This was his first (and my first). My first reaction was definitely to help. You just want to help them out when they're obviously in pain. I decided to Google what to do first, but I had no service...so, I left them in and we had to hike out (couple miles). Then everything that came up in a search said "go to the vet"...so we did. The quills weren't too deep (and he's a good boy), so the vet was able to remove them without sedating him (which saved me a huge bill, which was a nice surprise). He's doing well now :wag:

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Quills are full of air, the pressure makes the tip barb. The first thing you do is cut the end of the quill to let the pressure off so that the barb straightens, then pull it. If you dont cut the end of the quill, you are pulling a barb out.
A few in the nose isnt a big deal, if he takes a bite, then its a problem.
My lab is a pheasant dog, I have a small eye wash, a small set of needle nose with cutters, and something to use for a bandage when we go out.

Sponsor