• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
He’s gone for it. And now he does this when he sees a squirrel in the magnolia outside the window in that room. He’s nuts.
View attachment 131640
but this is the general scene, current time. He doesn’t move much.
View attachment 131641
Have you actually taken it off the shelf and let him inspect and sniff it? He might lose interest once he realizes it's not gonna move.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Have you actually taken it off the shelf and let him inspect and sniff it? He might lose interest once he realizes it's not gonna move.
Yeah. He tried to eat it. And then I shot one off the bird feeder today with a pellet gun and he went to retrieve. And wouldn’t let go. Had to pry his mouth open with both hands and could barely do it. Wouldn’t listen to any commands at all. So, I guess he’s a squirrel dog, which I’ve never heard of before. But now he’s back in my office on point.

In retrospect, the bird feeder justice incident with him probably wasn’t a stellar idea.

Last edited:

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Update to our Jack’s language (button) lessons.

A few days back my wife pulled the dogs ear accidentally which resulted in a yelp and the the Jack hopping off here lap and pushing the “All done” button...twice. She grasps what it means.

That is so cool!

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
That thing takes me back to high school. I went to a technical school here in Portland, and machine shop was one of my favorite classes.
It’s pretty neat stuff, that’s for sure. It doesn’t use the gear drive any longer. The bits at the top left are an old electric motor from a dryer, 240 volt, and some belt pulleys he turned out of a cherry tree that came down in his yard - he turned them before he converted it to the dryer motor. I think my favorite things of his that I have are his complete Kennedy toolbox will all of his precision tools and his copy of Machinery’s Handbook, copyright 1944. Apparently it cost 3 dollars then based on the stamp inside the cover. Men from that generation knew how to get shit done.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Still on point and whining, though I covered it up. I’m going to have to get rid of the squirrel.
E4E0A601-82B1-49FE-95BB-1D7EC03AD1CB.jpeg

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I’m going to have to get rid of the squirrel.
This should be fun.

JeffB: Where's the squirrel?
Mrs JeffB: What squirrel?
JeffB: What squirrel? The squirrel the dog obsessed over for a week. Where's the damn squirrel?
Mrs JeffB: You said to get rid of it. I did. It went in the trash.
JeffB: The trash? O.M.G. The dog is freaking out. He needs the squirrel!

@JeffB runs to the computer.

And that, my friends, is how lingerie ads disappear and all SkiTalkers see stuffed squirrels for the next 6 months.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
This should be fun.

JeffB: Where's the squirrel?
Mrs JeffB: What squirrel?
JeffB: What squirrel? The squirrel the dog obsessed over for a week. Where's the damn squirrel?
Mrs JeffB: You said to get rid of it. I did. It went in the trash.
JeffB: The trash? O.M.G. The dog is freaking out. He needs the squirrel!

@JeffB runs to the computer.

And that, my friends, is how lingerie ads disappear and all SkiTalkers see stuffed squirrels for the next 6 months.
That’s solid work. Apologies to all for the coming advert curveball.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The rescue I work with is doing a fundraiser where for a donation you get a drawing of your animal. The catch is you might get an artist or you might not. Here are the pics I submitted and the art I received. Love them!

83323B98-7CC2-474C-A6D4-4144E51602B2.jpeg

B4A0FA2E-D3EE-45E4-B73F-16BB305C117E.jpeg

4372103F-E273-497A-B65D-5B3A9567E0CF.jpeg

365F6162-63BC-477F-A2F9-037AE290B0C7.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The rescue I work with is doing a fundraiser where for a donation you get a drawing of your animal. The catch is you might get an artist or you might not. Here are the pics I submitted and the art I received. Love them!

View attachment 132202

shades of Andy Warhol

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 132201
View attachment 132203
View attachment 132202
View attachment 132204
How can I donate to the rescue?
On another ski site a user will ask for donations to the Humane Society in exchange for lower dollar items or codes. I smile whenever I see those posts @pais alto
These two pups came from the Utah Hunane Society and the other from Mid-American Boston Terrier Rescue.
Buddy the Boston was in Iowa when I contacted them. They had travel arranged for Buddy and his good dog brother Biscuit to get to Cheyenne, WY. I offered to help and made a 14 hour RT and got Biscuit to his new family.

2A1BAF23-B961-4237-A625-C5C9720E6DCE.jpeg
F2489861-F802-443B-B8B8-CDC432B4D150.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online