• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Great "Boot Parts Are From England" Mystery

James

Out There
Instructor
Let me know if you want any if these. Classic Z’s. Don’t think I bent them, which is unusual.
430CE340-6871-4985-B0EF-7F3A70037AFA.jpeg

I also have different length bales for the cuff.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Let me know if you want any if these. Classic Z’s. Don’t think I bent them, which is unusual.
View attachment 190417
I also have different length bales for the cuff.
Can you just, sort of, keep all this stuff in stock for the greater good of the forum? You will never buy another beer.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
cranky frustrated @Tony S with giant ZGONC drill.

FYI, if you Google search "inflatable zgonc drill", @Tony S is the 7th image result:

1674697434346.png

I think we all really need to see this now, so here's a pic... Sorry for the blur - I wasn't really thinking about the drill as it was uphill over the crest. And you can't tell, but he's both cranky and frustrated:

1674698208836.png

:D

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve noticed this as well- not just boot parts , tip protectors, pole grips, binding AFD parts etc. what you do find here is limited compared to the UK or EU countries.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
That is not a good option for me for several reasons. Just take it at face value.

Edit: For starters I'm not up to having to explain and justify ad nauseam. I know what I need and why I need it. I don't need a consultation. I just need the damn parts.
I dug around in some boxes for the SECOND time and discovered that I had a victim I could cannibalize. So I did. It ain't pretty but it will work for the moment.
Soooo... you're saying that you had the parts instock all along and were just too lazy or high or incompetent to find them for your most important customer? I think you need to write a sternly worded email to the main office. Someone should be fired.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Soooo... you're saying that you had the parts instock all along and were just too lazy or high or incompetent to find them for your most important customer? I think you need to write a sternly worded email to the main office. Someone should be fired.
:micdrop::micdrop::micdrop:

Reactions: cem

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I thoroughly bent up a buckle mount on the stairs, like an idiot.
No BOA boots for you! If you can't be trusted with buckles you'll destroy a BOA for sure!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Wow, this is GREAT. Thanks @Philpug , @AmyPJ , and @James . I've got all these offers and now I don't really need them. I dug around in some boxes for the SECOND time and discovered that I had a victim I could cannibalize. So I did. It ain't pretty but it will work for the moment.
You are lucky you didn't throw them away just a week ago. That is something I generally do, clean out my junk drawer and a week later I discover that I need something I just got rid of.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This is the 21st century, not all shop guys drink and many are under 21, as you referenced above. Baked goods go a much longer way, as does a pizza or even a nice fondue.
Since when has being 21 ever stopped a shop guy? Yes pizza also works, baked goods only if you get there early with coffee.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. Exactly!

James

Out There
Instructor
Can you just, sort of, keep all this stuff in stock for the greater good of the forum? You will never buy another beer.
I’m one of those 21st century fondue guys…

After your rant, then finding it in a drawer, you need to spend some time in the inflatable cheese wheel!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Even I thought that was funny

Sponsor