• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
So, the thing they don't tell you about losing weight is that if you're successful it can get (very) expensive. There's obvious stuff, like waist size etc, an then there's the discovery that you carry quite a lot of fat around your ankle. So much so that my Head Advant Edge 125s, with all of 7-8 weeks on them, don't fit anymore and the shop can't make them fit - my ankle was just swimming in a lagoon.

After 3 hours, trying 4 different shells, and a LOT of punching, I'm now the owner of a pair of Nordica Sportmachine 130s, and am thinking that it would have been far easier and cheaper to just keep the 98 lbs

justaute

Graceful Bowling Ball
Skier
So, the thing they don't tell you about losing weight is that if you're successful it can get (very) expensive. There's obvious stuff, like waist size etc, an then there's the discovery that you carry quite a lot of fat around your ankle. So much so that my Head Advant Edge 125s, with all of 7-8 weeks on them, don't fit anymore and the shop can't make them fit - my ankle was just swimming in a lagoon.

After 3 hours, trying 4 different shells, and a LOT of punching, I'm now the owner of a pair of Nordica Sportmachine 130s, and am thinking that it would have been far easier and cheaper to just keep the 98 lbs
Those 98 lbs would cost you much more down the road. :) Congrats!

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
:geek: :geek: You serious?

Congrats on the new boots, this is the least you could have done to reward yourself for such a feat.
Yep - as measured in civilisation 2 years ago I was 22 stone. Today I'm 15 stone. For reference/education, 1 stone = 14 pounds.

My body shape plays a large part in this though - at 22 stone I was a 40" waist, today I'm a 36" and I'm pretty much hitting bone (for reference I'm 6'1"). As my GP put it "you hide it well"

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep - as measured in civilisation 2 years ago I was 22 stone. Today I'm 15 stone. For reference/education, 1 stone = 14 pounds.

My body shape plays a large part in this though - at 22 stone I was a 40" waist, today I'm a 36" and I'm pretty much hitting bone (for reference I'm 6'1"). As my GP put it "you hide it well"

:ogbiggrin: Mad respect! :golfclap:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This arrived today! atomic heated bag 230V + 12V for GF's new STI130 boots which doesnt wanna go on that easy without heat.

Also discoverd it could be used as a footheater at home :D

Been an expensive 2 weeks of atomic stuff, new boots for her, new liners + bootwork for me, new SL for her, new GS for me.. + bootclava thingys from atomic.

Ohh and 2 boxes of CARV,

2022-01-21 19.26.42.jpg

2022-01-21 19.28.26.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This arrived today! atomic heated bag 230V + 12V

Do you mean this one:

Please make sure you share how it goes. Can you fit a helmet together with the boots in there?
Two pairs of boots? Provided one is very small of course.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yes that one.

you can fit two pair of boots, but not sure if you can put both in the heated compartment on mat, doubt it,

I will take all the gear you need, backbrace, helmet, mitts etc

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is that a mod you did or do they come that way?
I was just by chance at atomic pro center when a national team athlete sponsored by atomic came in, and they reccomended him some of thoose for the cold days.. Im like yes! my gf needs thoose. they have friction/grip zones inside, some velcro + strap on back. And come in a few sizes, seems rather nice.

On undersize center there is a strethcband, and to the front there is a hardplastic locking piece made not to interfere with binding, but fit the sole on its sides

here is partnr I got
2022-01-21 21.06.00.jpg

2022-01-21 21.07.06.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
This looks like a significant step up from the Boot Glove. I wonder how well the Redster Boot Blanket will work with non-Atomic boots (so that the buckle slot line up). I would imagine it probably can stretch enough to work. I just wish they would have put a larger patch of the protective material on the medial side. That's a really tiny piece.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
What does "more material on medial side?" mean

There's an extra protective piece of material (probably some kind of faux leather) that they use to protect the boot "blanket" from edge cuts. It's just not very big. I'd like to see it a bit longer and much taller to protect the neoprene.

monkeypunch

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
This looks like a significant step up from the Boot Glove. I wonder how well the Redster Boot Blanket will work with non-Atomic boots (so that the buckle slot line up). I would imagine it probably can stretch enough to work. I just wish they would have put a larger patch of the protective material on the medial side. That's a really tiny piece.
Doesn't look like we can get them in the states. Or my google-fu sucks. I was going to try them out on my X Max Race 120s.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I bought some new Deathwish from last season. Went from Wildcat 184cm to Deathwish 179cm to have something more versatile and easier to flick around in steeps and bumps. I loved my Wildcats but they were too much work for me in the bumps once everything was tracked out. I found that with their stiff pattern and forward mount they had a lot of tail.

They are definitely softer than the Wildcat and probably even softer than my Rustler 9. I hope that I won't regret having sized down.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 8

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought some new Deathwish from last season. Went from Wildcat 184cm to Deathwish 179cm to have something more versatile and easier to flick around in steeps and bumps. I loved my Wildcats but they were too much work for me in the bumps once everything was tracked out. I found that with their stiff pattern and forward mount they had a lot of tail.

They are definitely softer than the Wildcat and probably even softer than my Rustler 9. I hope that I won't regret having sized down.
So you wanted something a bit more controllable and easier to pilot...and you bought a product called Deathwish? Hmm. Who'd a thunk it?