• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
how fast do e-bikes go for you?

here we are limited to 250w and 25kmh

Depends on the e-bike. We have three classes. All have a maximum power of 750w. Ours is a class two.
  • Class 1: eBikes that are pedal-assist only, with no throttle, and have a maximum assisted speed of 20 mph.
  • Class 2: eBikes that also have a maximum speed of 20 mph, but are throttle-assisted.
  • Class 3: eBikes that are pedal-assist only, with no throttle, and a maximum assisted speed of 28 mph.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
wanted to get a pair, finally found a deal at 50% for the new bonefide 97

woop!

2022-08-17 08.32.49.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
had to sneek them in, UPS guy hid them behind house, after spending a grown up ammount on new furniture I was on the supposed to not buy that many skis budget.

I did flex them, and feel them, and first impressions were very positive "theese feel right" style.

will weigh shortly. and profile compare to CT 2.0

awaiting feedback on ski storage rollers vs rails for garage btw... choices choices! :)

I sold my M6 191's really a great ski, but float wasnt what I expected, nor did they like mach schnell carving it up. it was just to friendly and not enough crazy. still got my 2020 M102... ftw! found another pai I can get for $200 new now... so might get a spare pair? consdering trying the new M102 191 after skiessentials review, but tempted to get a demo. The most negative thing I can say on M6 is really its a too good too friendly ski, and I wanted a skinnier crazier M102 really.

the carbonfiber crossbrace thing on deacon 84 v-werks = yay, on 72/76 master = yay.. on m6.. meeehhh?

on another note, my buddy who got CT 2.0's last year and LOVE them are getting on cheater GS skis as well for less snow condition this year, and is stoked. he is one of the few people stupid enough to just ski my tracks, even if it involves side hits, roller hits, jumps etc. so should be fun.

James

Out There
Instructor
I was wondering, is 400 a fine enough grit? When it comes to diamond stones, many seem to start talking about 800 as the starting point. The thread about knives and sharpening has a few posts on the dimond stones and I don’t think any are starting at 400, that being said skis and knives are quite different items.
I usually end at 400. Knives are totally different.
The grit in the ceramic stone is going to be either an aluminum oxide or a silicon carbide, depending on which cutting and polishing characteristics the mfg wanted to give it. Everything else (mostly other oxides) is structural support, provided according to cost and durability criteria.
Well there is the Sigma Power Select II “ceramic” stone that has no binder, just abrasive.

Tough to fit in the side edge guide…

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
had to sneek them in, UPS guy hid them behind house, after spending a grown up ammount on new furniture I was on the supposed to not buy that many skis budget.

I opened a UPS account online (its free) and it gives you the option of picking them up at a local service center. I get to control when I bring them home and in my own car, so, just saying......

I will add they give me lot's of remarks like "its summer and your buying skis" They don't understand addiction (or summer sales) and judgmental significant others.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

woop!

View attachment 175747

Why are those CTs and Brahmas upside down? It is like watching a loaf a bread upside down-so wrong it puts one's OCD into overdrive. Please put them right and post a picture proving you did it for otherwise I'd be unable to sleep.:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Why are those CTs and Brahmas upside down? It is like watching a loaf a bread upside down-so wrong it puts one's OCD into overdrive. Please put them right and post a picture proving you did it for otherwise I'd be unable to sleep.:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:
binding interference
you must not have enough skis :p

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
First visit of Corbetts of the season to pick up a new ski bag for the longer length CT 1.0 here along with getting Attack2 13s mounted on the them and Attack2 11 on the shorter 165cm length. Had my new 22 Atomic Hawx Ultra 130s boots heat molded too.

Got almost 50% off the bindings with a free install included(see I don’t need jigs @anders_nor ! Lol) about the same discount on the bagcharge heat mold as I bought them from Asogear in the Spring.

Was going to get their bases ground but they are waiting on an mid September install of a new Wintersteiger Jupiter to replace their existing Mercury which will go up to their new store location in Collingwood.

2A88213F-D159-4F02-9B3A-6F3270BDE4A2.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First visit of Corbetts of the season to pick up a new ski bag for the longer length CT 1.0 here along with getting Attack2 13s mounted on the them and Attack2 11 on the shorter 165cm length. Had my new 22 Atomic Hawx Ultra 130s boots heat molded too.

Got almost 50% off the bindings with a free install included(see I don’t need jigs @anders_nor ! Lol) about the same discount on the bagcharge heat mold as I bought them from Asogear in the Spring.

Was going to get their bases ground but they are waiting on an mid September install of a new Wintersteiger Jupiter to replace their existing Mercury which will go up to their new store location in Collingwood.

View attachment 176023

Ahhh, this reminds me why I make a point of not coming often to this place in the summer. You cant imagine how much I want to click into my CTs and point them downhill.
And it is still like 4 months away...damn...

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier

woop!

View attachment 175747
I wanted to give a shot at these Menace 98 to replace my Rustler 9. I wanted a R9 with a stiffer shovel and better suspension. I haven't been able to find it for cheap and now they dropped the weight of the MFREE 99, maybe the new unleashed 98 is in the same line.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I wanted to give a shot at these Menace 98 to replace my Rustler 9. I wanted a R9 with a stiffer shovel and better suspension. I haven't been able to find it for cheap and now they dropped the weight of the MFREE 99, maybe the new unleashed 98 is in the same line.
The Menace 98(especially the 187cm) would definitely be an improvement in edge grip, stability and suspension over the Rustler 9 but it’s old school shape and tip design hold it back when things get rough and in catchy snow. The old Soul Rider 97 was similar too.

The MFree 99 has much more taper and higher tip/tail splay so much more surfy than the Menace 98 or even the Rustler 9. Just a graphics change to the 23 MFree 99 with the 185cm length spec’d at 1900gr but usually weigh in the 2000gr range.

The Unleashed 98 though, is just a bit more tapered with better sloped tips than the Soul Rider or Menace 98 so it will still out carve the Rustler but be very good in new snow with the tips not bulldozing. Weight is similar to the MFree 99 but the early Spring review pairs seem to be a bit lighter.

Think U98 will be a fantastic ski for many people out there that want a “lighter than an Enforcer” ski that actually has a longer effective edge. Will be stiffer tip/tail but similar underfoot with better suspension to a Rustler 9, especially if it’s a pre 21 model when they beefed them up a bit.

You just have the Rustler 9, Line Blade and Deathwish now right? Wasn’t sure if you got the DW 104 or not.
Know of a playful charger at 92mm if you didn’t need the float of the Unleashed 98 and you wanted the “reference standard” of suspension around 90mm…..:roflmao:

Sponsor