• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
315ish? I've got a pair of Volkl 90Eights with Ambitions on them if you want to come touring. Won't even need the tech toes.
Yep... something like that. My prior boot was a 326, and this one was about a cm shorter, but I don't remember exactly.

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Last year I got into skiing again after a few years off, because of @anders_nor nagging me about it for two years, and purchased a pair of Faction CT 2.0 20/21s. That was alot of fun, so today I bought his last years V-Werks. And I also have a pair of new Racetiger GS Master. I'm too old and fat to get too heavily into freestyle stuff again, so the plan is to just get down the slopes pretty fast and keep the CTs for charging through rough stuff.

1667075118623.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year I got into skiing again after a few years off, because of @anders_nor nagging me about it for two years, and purchased a pair of Faction CT 2.0 20/21s. That was alot of fun, so today I bought his last years V-Werks. And I also have a pair of new Racetiger GS Master. I'm too old and fat to get too heavily into freestyle stuff again, so the plan is to just get down the slopes pretty fast and keep the CTs for charging through rough stuff.

View attachment 181645

That's absolutely perfect combination and yeah, easy to see the influence of a certain user here. :roflmao:

Welcome!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wanted the ugliest goggle strap I could find and this was it. Actually I was looking for a Prizm Jade Iridium lens for my existing frames but it was cheaper to buy this full set-up from Evo. The strap’s getting tossed. Sorry about the landfill.

C556AE76-EE28-41FB-9449-B5C333BE768C.jpeg

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Heading to The (Vancouver) Island again this year for a brief holiday. My son will be joining me on the groomers there. He needs a pair of on-piste groomer zoomer skis to learn how to make some turns on, not quite ready for off-piste deep snow trees.

I couldn't find any Stocli SC skis on sale for 1/2 price , so I picked up a pair of Dynastar Speedzone 12 Tis at the ski swap. Since I'll be joining him on groomers, I picked up a pair of groomer skis for me too; my Devastators, at 108 mm wide with rocker are not my choice for groomers. Pickings were few, so I got some Deacon 80s. Yeah, a little wide, but the snow is soft out there; I'll survive. The Deacons come with the dreaded Gripwalk bindings, but I hear you can use ordinary boots in them.

Bonus the bindings will adjust to his and my boot size!
20221104_185850.jpg
20221104_190329.jpg
20221104_190356.jpg
20221104_190415.jpg
Got them a little short for me, but he's just learning. Once he gets a handle on things the Deacons might be versatile enough for him to explore the deeper snow.

MTU2002

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
They look great. A buddy of mine is a Shaggy guy. But isn't naming a ski "Mohawk" cultural appropriation?
It's named after the village of Mohawk in the Keweenaw peninsula, as most of their skis are named after places up there.

Sponsor

Staff online