• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I picked these up from the shop today, and they're exactly what I wanted them to be. In terms of performance, they fall somewhere between Kendos and Rustler 9s, and that's perfect.

View attachment 183999
Glad you’re liking the Fastforward skis! If you’re skiing firmer snow, don’t be afraid to change the side edge bevel for more bite. JSkis come with 1/1 edge bevels but many have switched to 1/2 or 1/3 bevels on this ski.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Glad you’re liking the Fastforward skis! If you’re skiing firmer snow, don’t be afraid to change the side edge bevel for more bite. JSkis come with 1/1 edge bevels but many have switched to 1/2 or 1/3 bevels on this ski.

Thank you! They gripped well on firm snow during initial testing, and I can tell it's going to be fun once more terrain opens. They require substantially less effort to control on hard snow than my Rustler 9s, and that's appreciated.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thank you! They gripped well on firm snow during initial testing, and I can tell it's going to be fun once more terrain opens. They require substantially less effort to control on hard snow than my Rustler 9s, and that's appreciated.
Had both the Rustler 9 and Kendo 88 and now have the 21 CT 1.0 which is very similar to the FFWD. Rustler 9 was a fun ski at lower/mid speeds on soft snow but not great on firmer snow and didn’t like speed. Kendo 88 much better at speed and on firm snow but not as quiet or as damp as the CT 1.0 and not as fun especially off piste.

I’m sure you’ll be the same with the FFWD that you’ll love it even more when you get it in bumps and off piste.

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
You might think that I have a lot of skis to prep, but I'm just lazy. 30% on black friday too :thumb:

IMG_20221127_091612.jpg

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
After talking this weekend with @skiki (I think) about how badly I want a roof box... Finally got over myself and pulled the trigger. My bindings and edges will thank me later.
Ended up canceling that order and getting the lower profile BRM660 (in white :nono: because that’s all that was in stock)

It is almost but not quite as long as the car.

F37C0E5C-C42F-4894-AC22-16347FEEC332.jpeg

Unfortunately for @Tony S it clearly says “safety lock system — key can only be removed once box is locked” on the info sticker. But also “user friendly locking mechanism for single handed opening” so who knows. Will install over the weekend.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ended up canceling that order and getting the lower profile BRM660 (in white :nono: because that’s all that was in stock)

View attachment 185335
Unfortunately for @Tony S it clearly says “safety lock system — key can only be removed once box is locked” on the info sticker. But also “user friendly locking mechanism for single handed opening” so who knows. Will install over the weekend.

Very nice. When packing, always remember Rule #1 in packing roof boxes as defined by @KingGrump : Figure the maximum number of skis the box can take. Add 3 more. Slam it shut. Jobe done, no chatter.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very nice. When packing, always remember Rule #1 in packing roof boxes as defined by @KingGrump : Figure the maximum number of skis the box can take. Add 3 more. Slam it shut. Jobe done, no chatter.
I feel like there’s a word problem to torture my middle school kids in there somewhere… “if Inno says the box holds X skis then how many new skis does @zircon need to buy?”

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 185335
That will look awesome on that car. Send a pic when it's mounted.

EDIT: And update on lift gate clearance!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
That will look awesome on that car. Send a pic when it's mounted.

EDIT: And update on lift gate clearance!
Fully expect to have to hold the hatch down while loading in there! C'est la vie et la MINI. Theoretically I've got 1" over minimum clearance to play with. Practically, Inno probably didn't account for &@%$#-ing "spoiler" on the S Hardtop when they measured that.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Fully expect to have to hold the hatch down while loading in there! C'est la vie et la MINI. Theoretically I've got 1" over minimum clearance to play with. Practically, Inno probably didn't account for &@%$#-ing "spoiler" on the S Hardtop when they measured that.
You might also be in trouble on windy days, could the wind cause the Mini to lift off the road?

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
You might also be in trouble on windy days, could the wind cause the Mini to lift off the road?
Probably fine. The Mini weighs about the same as a Honda Civic. If the wheel-on bike rack* was fine, this should be too. It'll have about as much overhang as a roof box on a sedan.

*Once at a cyclocross race I saw a man 6" taller than me take his bike, rear wheel still on, out of the hatch of the exact same car. I still have no idea how he did it and my CX is (on paper) too small for me.

Sponsor

Staff online