• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same!!!!
Every time friends tease me about how many skis I have, I tell them about “crazy people from Norway” who take it to another level!!! Haha

I only keep the ones I use and sell the ones I don’t and only have a few backups.

What’s in the Sport Bittl box?!?!
Always think “I forgot @anders_nor had those skis and those skis and those skis” when he posts pictures. Lol

At least he has the excuse of living within a stone’s throw from the slopes and being able to ski every day and in the summer too.
I wonder what’s mine…

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
At least he has the excuse of living within a stone’s throw from the slopes and being able to ski every day and in the summer too.
I wonder what’s mine…
You do it for the smile on the kids faces……..

Will get out this week on the CT 1.0 and 184cm CT 3.0 in your honour this week. Might drag the Blackops 118 out too even though there’s not much new snow but I’m dying to try them out.

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
A pair of Lenz 6.1 heat socks, 1800mah battery, and Kang bamboo poles that were on 70% sale. I was a bit worried about the socks since they claim to be compression socks and my legs are 22 inches, they were thight, but not unpleasant fortunately. Will try them for real next Saturday.
IMG_20230117_110500.jpg
Screenshot_20230117-114506.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A pair of Lenz 6.1 heat socks, 1800mah battery, and Kang bamboo poles that were on 70% sale. I was a bit worried about the socks since they claim to be compression socks and my legs are 22 inches, they were thight, but not unpleasant fortunately. Will try them for real next Saturday.
View attachment 189377 View attachment 189378

Well done. A game changer for sure. I mean the socks, the poles I am not familiar with.

P.S. Use those coloured rubber bands that come with the batteries so you know which one is left and which-right. You can change the colors in the app too. Where now is grey you will have red and yellow or something.

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
you mean this saturday @slemmo ? not next

Yeah yeah, the age old question this or next.
The coming Saturday for sure though. bring some aggressive skis for when you want to try my gs masters.

Well done. A game changer for sure. I mean the socks, the poles I am not familiar with.

P.S. Use those coloured rubber bands that come with the batteries so you know which one is left and which-right. You can change the colors in the app too. Where now is grey you will have red and yellow or something.

Cool, thanks. I put the rubber bands on, but didn't know there was an option in the app too :thumb:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah yeah, the age old question this or next.
The coming Saturday for sure though. bring some aggressive skis for when you want to try my gs masters.
:thumb:
WRT Pro? SX? 72 master? 76 master?

or.. just bring 193/30 FIS? I have some really stiff that even I find to stiff... wanna try?! ;D

bitflogger

Putting on skis
Skier
Out with the old, in with the new. I decided to treat myself to a pair of Nordica Pro Machine 130s, with a proper fitting. The old Dalbello DS 110 shells were a few mm too wide, the stock foot beds were never great, and my instructor of choice picked up on the issues. I can hardly wait to give these a proper break-in.

View attachment 186506
Unexpected new boots day here.

A stop to possibly get new insoles and wax and I went home with first ever in 50 years skiing custom boot fit Pro Machine 120s. Wow, not on snow yet but completely hugging my low volume foot and I believe the being softer than the Tecnica I've been on will be good for my pursuit of off piste and age.

I was interested in the possibility of other features but the shop had 4 different low volume or narrow boots and the overall fit before fine tuning just seems so right.

I tend to look for bargains but not this time understanding what it takes for a shop to actually stock so many choices and have the fit expertise. Foot hugging and comfy fit seemed far more important than walking cuff and back country features. Who was I kidding at my age to need more back country features.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Unexpected new boots day here.

A stop to possibly get new insoles and wax and I went home with first ever in 50 years skiing custom boot fit Pro Machine 120s. Wow, not on snow yet but completely hugging my low volume foot and I believe the being softer than the Tecnica I've been on will be good for my pursuit of off piste and age.

I was interested in the possibility of other features but the shop had 4 different low volume or narrow boots and the overall fit before fine tuning just seems so right.

I tend to look for bargains but not this time understanding what it takes for a shop to actually stock so many choices and have the fit expertise. Foot hugging and comfy fit seemed far more important than walking cuff and back country features. Who was I kidding at my age to need more back country features.

I hope you enjoy them! New boots made a bigger difference to me than new skis. Bad boot fit will slow or stop progression, in my experience.

Getting used to 130s has been humbling, but I have no regrets. They won't allow me to "cheat" when things get tough, but this is forcing me to tackle various issues with technique, and making me a better skier. The shop took out one spine bolt per boot after a few days, but I put them back in fairly quickly. They feel better with all the bolts in place, and my legs don't burn out after 4-5 hours straight.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hope you enjoy them! New boots made a bigger difference to me than new skis. Bad boot fit will slow or stop progression, in my experience.

Getting used to 130s has been humbling, but I have no regrets. They won't allow me to "cheat" when things get tough, but this is forcing me to tackle various issues with technique, and making me a better skier. The shop took out one spine bolt per boot after a few days, but I put them back in fairly quickly. They feel better with all the bolts in place, and my legs don't burn out after 4-5 hours straight.
sure they will, just hang your weight forward lean on shins, throw some angle in there and just glide through everything.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
some more pink in the house

kinda lovin my 102FR so much, someone really lowerd the prices on them and they are used, but seller could have sold them as new, as they were pristine no scratches

also picked up a pair of 188/27 I've been missing my 189/27 (older skis) find 193/30 to be a bit of a workout, and I'm old fat, not winning anything, so might as well make it easier with 188/27 ;) previous owner kept them mint, both bases, topsides, bindings, very happy and 80-90% life left.

faction, atomic, fishcer, stockli, volkl, head, and rossignol in a single pick in the background... I'm such a brand loyalist huh :p

agian, the swix wax machine is magic!

2023-01-29 17.25.23.jpg

2023-01-30 19.28.29.jpg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ love the Rasta' bindings to tie in the ski's green and the rest of the bright colours to turn up the fun-factor :thumb:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What length are the 107ti? Why do you have so many unmounted skis lol? Are you looking to start a ski shop?
been working to much and moving + not enough snow last season.

this season, just moving and working to much, Im working on my room downstairs.. apparantly GF got the 2 other floors

the 107 TI are longest length, 189? I belive, I only and always buy longest length everything because I'm petite

thats worse than asking a women her weight I think. Why does a dog lick its balls ?

my ski selection is better than most/every ski shop I've ever visited

new workshop, its 21kvm!
2023-01-21 19.51.18.jpg

Sponsor