• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
been working to much and moving + not enough snow last season.

this season, just moving and working to much, Im working on my room downstairs.. apparantly GF got the 2 other floors

the 107 TI are longest length, 189? I belive, I only and always buy longest length everything because I'm petite

thats worse than asking a women her weight I think. Why does a dog lick its balls ?

my ski selection is better than most/every ski shop I've ever visited

new workshop, its 21kvm! View attachment 191088
Actually I meant to ask how not why you have so many skis. Personally I feel bad for the skis at home that aren't used and I can only bring a pair or two with me to the hill. Although I'm also a sucker for buying skis and not using them. I wish I had more feet lol

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually I meant to ask how not why you have so many skis. Personally I feel bad for the skis at home that aren't used and I can only bring a pair or two with me to the hill.

In his case it sure helps that he can ski like 200 days a year so I guess all of the skis get a nod at one time or another. :ogbiggrin:
I am with you on this-with 40-50 days a year I often feel bad for all the great ski I left at home.

Reactions: BMC

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can actually ski 365 days a year, time is the limiting factor :|

as for skis and how many pairs you can bring, yes, you cannot bring unlimited.. however, I have a LOT of bsl buddies! I usually push everyone into a 315mm atomic since that is what I'm downsized into, this allows me to swap around alot :D :D

major ski slope from the oslo olympics is 10-12 minutes away
I have 3-4 other decent sized ones within 60 minutes, 3 of which is under same season pass, we have masters racing 7 days a week if I want on the same resorts
indoor resort is aprox 30? is mins away, mostly good for slalom and park, not anything else
summer ski is 2-3 hours, but regular slopes are open until mid or late may
major mountain resorts are 1-3 hours

but yeah... lots of garage queen skis.... ;) dudes that buy skis from me are like WOW THEY LOOK NEW... me.. ehhhhh well ehh.
I buy mostly in summer, so usually I make money on skis, about 95-98%? of the time actually, so its easier to digest as well, even if I have them 1-3 years.

Last edited:

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I can actually ski 365 days a year, time is the limiting factor :|

as for skis and how many pairs you can bring, yes, you cannot bring unlimited.. however, I have a LOT of bsl buddies! I usually push everyone into a 315mm atomic since that is what I'm downsized into, this allows me to swap around alot :D :D

Me too :ogbiggrin:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
so todays purchases, there were sevral, but I will start off with the almost as new skis, perfect bases, topsheets and edges, at a major discount
one the seller lived 15 minutes from the place I was at, and literally drove past on way home! yay

what have I bought? try to guess lengths as well (not the head skis)

2023-02-03 12.35.23.jpg

329199607_3204103233233426_6508616779806439554_n.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
so todays purchases, there were sevral, but I will start off with the almost as new skis, perfect bases, topsheets and edges, at a major discount
one the seller lived 15 minutes from the place I was at, and literally drove past on way home! yay

what have I bought? try to guess lengths as well (not the head skis)

View attachment 191341

View attachment 191342

Which Rebels are these?
This makes me wanna pull out my RD Pro Masters, no that I have the snow for them but still…

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the K2 STi, so those look like the Ti2 with piston-plate.
I can hardly wait for my prize to arrive. :ogbiggrin:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Eventually, I stopped demoing the Disruptions as Distractions. A good one may have sneaked in there, since I've not demoed much lately.
The only Rossis whose length I've cared about are the fat ones: the Black Ops Sender Squad 112 (at 194), which I gather this is - great move, @anders_nor ! and the Black Ops 118 (at 186 a bit too short).

I'll be interested in how you like those Squads, and whether for a larger guy it's still a charger.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
2 for 2 guys @ARL67 and @ski otter 2 I'm impressed

Ive wanted to try the ti2 and to have somtehing with a longer radius, but never wanted to pay what they wanted for it, so snatched a "demo used" but looks new! came with DIN's at 13, so whoever demoed it was serious eh, its "only" the 182cm not 187, but still 22.3? radius or so, and x-comp 16, so feels decent!

and yes, they are the sender squad 194cm with Pivots! I have the 118 blackops and I'm hopeing its like that, more than m-free 108. also demos, but only used for 3 laps according to seller, and they do look brand new, guessing setting them up with regular pivots removes a lot of the testers ;)

I'm going skiiing in bigger mountains here this week, and there is some snow in forecast, think base is like 1,5 meter? so its fairly good conditions

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ha! Dunno for your size, but to me the Sender Squad 112 is in no danger of being like the m-free 108, except in being pretty good.

Wish you had put an adjustable binding on the things, since their President of hardgoods said that on the line was great,
but by moving it forward, it became "turny." Like the Pettitors and the Black Ops 118 can do.

It's not floaty like the 118s even, but more chargy and maybe just as crud busting.
I also enjoyed it on Rocky Mountain "next day" groomers & leftovers. Hold on to your hat.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
next day & leftovers is what I'm realisticly using it for, I got a pair of 194 devastator of the heavy 19? 20 build as well, its amazing how fun leftovers can be. kinda same with M102.

for freshies Im on my bentchetler 120s or 121 revolts or protos... or 118s ;D

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You are one of the few people, besides a lot of tech and shop folk I know, who have a lot of skis, like me. Ain't it swell?

Currently,
Freshies: Black Ops 118, K2 Pettitor 118/190, Head Kore 117/189, Moment Bibby Pro 184, Atomic Automatic 118/189?, maybe Peak 104/184 once I ski it, K2 Pinnacle 105/186.

Leftovers: Peak 110/188, Salomon Blank 112/194, Rossi Sickles 111/183, Katana V-Werks 112/191, ON3P Jeffry 110, Fatypus D-Senders 106, K2 Mindbenders 99 and Peak 98/184, Blizzard Bonafide 180.

For variety,
One can have just a few skis and go to a lot of areas,
or have a lot of skis and go to just a few areas. Each different ski can make it a whole new area, with unexpected adventures
every day.

I'd also be happy with the longest S7s, Mantra 102 and the Dynastar Proto 118s; (and the Bent Chet 120s if I were some place where the powder lasts - they get tossed, for me. But they are such a danged fun ski!). :)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You are one of the few people, besides a lot of tech and shop folk I know, who have a lot of skis, like me. Ain't it swell?

Currently,
Freshies: Black Ops 118, K2 Pettitor 118/190, Head Kore 117/189, Moment Bibby Pro 184, Atomic Automatic 118/189?, maybe Peak 104/184 once I ski it, K2 Pinnacle 105/186.

Leftovers: Peak 110/188, Salomon Blank 112/194, Rossi Sickles 111/183, Katana V-Werks 112/191, ON3P Jeffry 110, Fatypus D-Senders 106, K2 Mindbenders 99 and Peak 98/184, Blizzard Bonafide 180.

For variety,
One can have just a few skis and go to a lot of areas,
or have a lot of skis and go to just a few areas. Each different ski can make it a whole new area, with unexpected adventures
every day.

I'd also be happy with the longest S7s, Mantra 102 and the Dynastar Proto 118s; (and the Bent Chet 120s if I were some place where the powder lasts - they get tossed, for me. But they are such a danged fun ski!). :)

The number of fat ski here is mindblowing! :geek:

But you got a point about the number of areas/number of skis. When I travel to Dolomites I can get by with 2 pairs only. When I am stuck with my 3 home mountains sometimes I find 15 too few.

Sponsor

Staff online