• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vaskung67

Booting up
Skier
A quick thank you to everyone for dealing with my stream of questions elsewhere on the forum...I ended up pulling the trigger on the MX83s in 175. Really excited to get them, thanks for all of the perspective in selecting them!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
A6130B74-1414-4566-A4B2-75C5F8757C0F.jpeg

The impulse purchase has landed! The House liquidation sale came in at a price point I couldn’t refuse.

Edit because invisible photo: QST Lumen 98, 168cm. Per Ski Essentials review, same ski as the men's 169cm only green/purple instead of blue/orange.

Last edited:

jvskier

Booting up
Skier
I think I just got an incredible deal? I’m seriously dizzy thinking about it. Lightly used demo 2022 Stockli Laser AX 175 for 650? Is this real life? I caught a glimpse of these nestled behind some other skis at the gear fix and immediately grabbed them. I knew spending way too much time reading about skis on this forum would pay off! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the stockli thread over the years, i never could have done it without you!

F46604A5-128A-4173-8367-10AEDD607155.jpeg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Late season acquisition: DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2. I decided to go with blue Attack bindings, since I have black on my frontside skis, red Attacks on my 102’s, and green on my 116 powder skis. Unfortunately I now need to come up with a reason to buy a new pair of skis so I can complete the set with the yellow Attacks.

Nonetheless I like how the blue Attacks look.
1E88223B-04DD-41C0-A2BB-E0BC731992B8.jpeg

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
OMG... @KingGrump got to you, didn't he? DIDN'T HE?!?
Once you go red, you can’t go back!

Several years ago, I was standing behind racer kids on FIS Redsters and said ‘I wish I could ski well enough to ride these red sticks.” Was lucky enough to sample them in February (at the “Bruce’s Exclusive Tuning and Rental Shop - by invitation only”) and felt right at home. Am I good enough? I’ll let you know after I have few days on them.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like this part: “In the United States armed forces, however, it is used to signify extraordinary bravery and excellence in combat marksmanship.”

Doubted that was Ernie's original intent.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@KingGrump serious question: what to do with factory wax on the Redsters? Leave and ski it off? Scrape and brush? Scrape, brush, apply new wax?
Edit: google says put new wax on

Always new wax.