• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Back in October of 2021 I posted here about ordering a pair of skis from OutdoorXL, a sporting goods store that has its brick & mortar presence in the Netherlands. I got a great deal and a great pair of skis that crossed the Atlantic in a jiffy.
This week I was looking for skis for my son who is an adult beginner that has only been on rentals. Once again, OutdoorXL had a deal on a pair of skis with bindings that was cheaper with the $76 dollars in shipping than anything I could find in North America. New Volkl Deacon X skis with bindings, $224 plus the shipping. I ordered them at 10 pm on Wednesday, they were shipped 8:30 the next morning, (our time), and in the US on Friday morning. They will be delivered on Monday.

I like to give credit where credit is due. When I ordered the first time, it was with a little bit of nervousness- ordering from overseas seemed a little risky, even though I had done my homework and knew that they were a legitimate business. I would definitely recommend adding them to your list of places to check when you are looking for equipment- especially if you strike out finding it locally.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Back in October of 2021 I posted here about ordering a pair of skis from OutdoorXL, a sporting goods store that has its brick & mortar presence in the Netherlands. I got a great deal and a great pair of skis that crossed the Atlantic in a jiffy.
This week I was looking for skis for my son who is an adult beginner that has only been on rentals. Once again, OutdoorXL had a deal on a pair of skis with bindings that was cheaper with the $76 dollars in shipping than anything I could find in North America. New Volkl Deacon X skis with bindings, $224 plus the shipping. I ordered them at 10 pm on Wednesday, they were shipped 8:30 the next morning, (our time), and in the US on Friday morning. They will be delivered on Monday.

I like to give credit where credit is due. When I ordered the first time, it was with a little bit of nervousness- ordering from overseas seemed a little risky, even though I had done my homework and knew that they were a legitimate business. I would definitely recommend adding them to your list of places to check when you are looking for equipment- especially if you strike out finding it locally.
I used them last year and had a similar experience. They were one of the first places I looked recently for another pair of skis.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

I have also used OutdoorXL a few times, as well as SnowCountry. They are the first places I check for new skis. Great prices & the fastest shipping I'v found too.

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier

I've ordered two pairs of skis from them, got them no problem.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
M102 for GF, she looooves her 102 FR, but when skied out and bumpy she dials back the speed, usually she just carves them at whatever speed her bodyweight gives, but at skied out not so much, will see how she likes M102

they are 5cm taller than her, should be burly

2023-03-24 16.02.57.jpg

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
I took a chance on outdoorxl in January, ordered Bent 110’s along with Atomic Shifts all for under $800. I thought it was too good to be true, but sure enough they showed up 4 days later. I saved a lot of money. Then I ordered an Arc’teryx Procline soft shell jacket for $320, same result. The price they have on Salomon Blanks is really tempting.

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Well, this is a follow up. I had the skis, but now Robbie needed boots and poles. This is "the-I-need-to-brag-about-not-making-a-gear-purchase" post. We went to a local shop and got great advice and help, but being the end of the season, they didn't have the right boots for him. So we went home...and discovered that I had the right boots for him in the basement. I had bought a pair a number of years ago that were a mistake- too much flex. Anyways, the boots that we had thought were to small for him were a perfect fit. Then I found the pair of ski poles that I thought were too short were also a perfect fit. Then I realized I could top it off with my extra boot/gear bag. Why do I have an extra boot/gear bag? Because of the awesome Kulkea bag I won here on Skitalk last year! A good afternoon.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was hoping I could brag about picking up a pair of Stockli Montero AR but when I got to the shop yesterday to demo them, they said they had just sold them. So instead here are my wife’s new skis - Bomber All Mountain 78 170cm, Tyrolia Protector PR 11

View attachment 198413
How are these things? I know Bomber is kind of a smaller manufacturer but boy do they charge a premium. Their stuff worth it?

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, this is a follow up. I had the skis, but now Robbie needed boots and poles. This is "the-I-need-to-brag-about-not-making-a-gear-purchase" post. We went to a local shop and got great advice and help, but being the end of the season, they didn't have the right boots for him. So we went home...and discovered that I had the right boots for him in the basement. I had bought a pair a number of years ago that were a mistake- too much flex. Anyways, the boots that we had thought were to small for him were a perfect fit. Then I found the pair of ski poles that I thought were too short were also a perfect fit. Then I realized I could top it off with my extra boot/gear bag. Why do I have an extra boot/gear bag? Because of the awesome Kulkea bag I won here on Skitalk last year! A good afternoon.
Follow up to the follow up- skis arrived today from OutdoorXL. Everything as advertised, except they charged me less. $207 + $70 shipping. Pretty sweet.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Was hoping I could brag about picking up a pair of Stockli Montero AR but when I got to the shop yesterday to demo them, they said they had just sold them. So instead here are my wife’s new skis - Bomber All Mountain 78 170cm, Tyrolia Protector PR 11

View attachment 198413

Did I see these at Stratton? They were smoking hot looking!!

kevblah

Putting on skis
Skier
Did I see these at Stratton? They were smoking hot looking!!
LOL yeah we were up there yesterday (Sunday), her first day on them.

How are these things? I know Bomber is kind of a smaller manufacturer but boy do they charge a premium. Their stuff worth it?
I haven't tested them myself and her only feedback so far is "they are heavier" compared to her Rossignol Experience 76 W :D

bpratt

Putting on skis
Skier
Got my 175 Stockli Montero AR's back with bindings mounted. Now I need to find time to go up to Tahoe for a couple of days to get them on snow, I don't think I'll get back to Sun Valley before they close next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3907.jpeg
    IMG_3907.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15

Sponsor

Staff online