• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Somebody just got jetted out for next year.

gotta love end of season deals! Set my 12 year old son up with a new pair of Blizzard Cochese Team skis and Tecnica Firebird SC 90 boots. Orange is officially the new black lol

IMG_1136.jpeg
IMG_1135.jpeg

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nice! COMP or AM version?
Comp build in 182. They weigh about 2060g. Looking at the layers, it is a similar build to the No. 1 XC, but without the white sidewalls. Hope to get them out this Sunday.

I ordered the 174 AM version and plan to put SHIFT bindings on them for occasional skinning. Should be a similar construction as the Pure99/Namaste. I was waiting/hoping for Blossom to build a R87 shaped ski with thin metal layers for years. Now I have it.

Last edited:

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ordered the 174 AM version and plan to put SHIFT bindings on them for occasional skinning. Should be a similar construction as the Pure99/Namaste. I was waiting/hoping for Blossom to build a R87 shaped ski with thin metal layers for years. Now I have it.
I missed out on the Augment AM88C. I'm hoping this is the next best thing. Bindings go on today.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Ever seen someone winning a WC event on 80mm Monsters? No? There you go then.

Anyway, point is this marketing BS is effing annoying at times, otherwise I have no doubts that the skis are great.
I think this is an important point & I’d love @Philpug to do more in this space here.

For mortals (this means me!) a Kendo / Monster / Corvus is a performance ski bc I can bend the arc like a WC modulates their skis.

*Sure, I’d love a Kendo 75 instead of 88 but hey…. we can dream.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think this is an important point & I’d love @Philpug to do more in this space here.

For mortals (this means me!) a Kendo / Monster / Corvus is a performance ski bc I can bend the arc like a WC modulates their skis.

*Sure, I’d love a Kendo 75 instead of 88 but hey…. we can dream.

Isn’t there some Deacon in 75ish underfoot? Deacons are very nice.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just curious why, I don't think I ever heard you say anything bad about Salomon bindings.
That was a bad demo binding, a ton of extra weight and very loose with a good amount of disconect from the ski. I have said a lot of bad against the Z heel, that should have been retired years before it was. It was never meant to be used on a ski over 75mm underfoot and the frame would break with too mich lateral stress.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just curious why, I don't think I ever heard you say anything bad about Salomon bindings.

What Phil said. Mamie had the heel track cracked in Rasta Chute at Snowbird, 2014. Not exactly what I would called a enjoyable experience. Check the rest of the skis with Salomon Z bindings in our family. Found 6 other pairs of Z binding with partial cracks in the heel track.

You can draw your own conclusions. I have already came to mine long ago.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Lose that binding ASAP. Almost anything but that Salomon demo.
Thanks. I'll see what I have in the garage for bindings to put on here instead. Would the issue that you described be more of an issue for an aggressive skier? I get free release checks at my mountain so was thinking I'd get them set to my boots and take a couple runs on them. If we gel together then I'll replace the bindings.

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
I liked the way my Ripstick 96 BEs tracked on groomers (but got bumped out of the quiver by the 2023 Rustler 9s). So, I have become carve-curious, but still want to be able to dabble in the bumps. These are replacing the last Gen Rossi Exp 88s in my quiver. Going to slap some Protectors on (not pictured, but got a great deal on those as well) for good measure.

B5F0BC1C-A0E4-4ABE-A403-2DBF28F2AA27.jpeg

Last edited:

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good deal ! - I got the Prime 130's with custom pads - at almost twice the price. I probably should have waited, but did get to ski them a few times this year, she WILL love them.