• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@GregK Dynastars are now mounted, as are Liberty V76 that I got for a ridiculous price on STP last year. Yellow looks good with the blue and white skis! So these “new” skis are from 2019 and 2014, ha. I also picked up my Renouns that were sitting in the shop since Covid happened. Nice to get those back; they are my favorite skis. But really looking forward to trying these! First time will be indoors at Big Snow on Friday. View attachment 112252

Both pairs are looking good! Now all you have to do is make sure they are all tuned up and ready to ski. My Slicers and Menace 98 were both edge high at the tips/tails but a stone grind and tune fixed that.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I stumbled upon this Spider shell with hood today. Picked it up for only $24.00.
PXL_20201018_210838328.jpg

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Already posted in the quiver thread, but it occurred to me that I should mention the purchase here as a public service to my fellow Canadians. Having bought items from the U.S.A. in the past I was a little worried and half expecting I would need to ransom them at the post office coughing up custom inspection fees and the like.
An e-mail from 4FRNT said they would pay shipping and all fees. They did. Skis arrived at my door via Fedex on time with no problem and no extra fees.

I did get hit by the exchange rate (ouch)- fully expected and can't be helped.

Got me some 179 cm 4FRNT Devestators, the new lighter 2021 version, and some Look Pivot 15 Gold bindings. Lighter is not really my cup of tea, but for a deep snow and tree ski I figured I would risk it; all the other specs were pretty much what I was looking for. Maybe my knees will thank me for the lighter load when I get (even) older.

I love the graphic.

20201021_185326.jpg

20201021_185415.jpg

Still in plastic, will get the bindings mounted when I get new boots.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Whenever I've gotten skis from @ScotsSkier, it's turned out to be something to boast about, whether SL or GS or whatnot. If you get a chance, try it!

In this case,

IMG_0844 (1).jpg

These skis are, for me, something to get excited about. I feel like a rich man (in skis), thanks to @ScotsSkier .

For now, more use on steeps: a secret weapon for that, seems like. (But also, I'm not yet ready to slow down so much, so far.)
The Beavers @ A Basin will see a lot of these - run after run. Even in a few inches of fresh.

But like a bunch of old guys I know and sometimes ski with, I too figure to be using these SLs more as I get older - hopefully.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
48F56327-FC90-4C3D-921B-A7A2FE91FFC1.jpeg Scott Orbit touring boots for my wife. Fischer My Traverse also fit her really well, but those, like most lightweight touring boots, are only compatible with tech bindings.
When we go out with our whole family, my daughter will use the AT skis, and my wife will use her K2 Fullavit 95 Ti, which have Shift Bindings on.
Also useful for days that have some touring and some lift riding.

XSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Something for my wife so I can keep my compulsive Corona buying disorder alive. Salomon QST 92/177 with Look
(Rossignol) NX12. Had them in a box for a couple of years. Relatie Lyon Lightweight and easy to step out.
28FB9223-A021-4178-B280-B660AF57BCD8.jpeg

Brenda A.

Booting up
Skier
While I'm not sure this is the best place for this information, this forum has helped me immensely on researching what I wanted in a ski. I just picked up this year's 20-21 Moment Bella 108 (MSRP $749) for $515 plus taxes and $25 shipping from a seller I've used a lot in the past for bike gear. The seller is a legit business, for those of you who are cautious of eBay. I'm very excited to get these on some deeper fresh snow in the west coast this season as long as Epic holds up its end of the season pass bargain.

Fortunately for my bank account, I don't need these for myself or my spouse, but think they are a great deal that I found during my search. The Moments are pretty much sold out or full price anywhere else, and are new unmounted, and only $25 to ship. I hope someone takes advantage of these deals, before I convince myself into the Prior A-Star for the helicopter trip that's not even in any budget. Trying to only buy skis for the conditions we typically ski, not the conditions we wish we skied.

19-20 Moment Sierra in 172cm for $448 (MSRP $749) -- 99mm underfoot All Mountain West Womens

19-20 Moment Wildcat 108 in 184cm for $450 (MSRP $759) -- 108mm underfoot All Mountain West Mens

20-21 Prior A-Star XTC Carbon in 183cm for $504 (MSRP $1450 CAD = $1100 USD) -- 123mm underfoot Powder Mens

20-21 (EX-DEMO) Prior A-Star XTC Carbon in 183cm for $559.50 CAD = $460 USD (MSRP $1450 CAD + Demo Bindings, and a 10% coupon pop-up offer if you sign up for the email, but shipping eats this)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
While I'm not sure this is the best place for this information, this forum has helped me immensely on researching what I wanted in a ski. I just picked up this year's 20-21 Moment Bella 108 (MSRP $749) for $515 plus taxes and $25 shipping from a seller I've used a lot in the past for bike gear. The seller is a legit business, for those of you who are cautious of eBay. I'm very excited to get these on some deeper fresh snow in the west coast this season as long as Epic holds up its end of the season pass bargain.

Fortunately for my bank account, I don't need these for myself or my spouse, but think they are a great deal that I found during my search. The Moments are pretty much sold out or full price anywhere else, and are new unmounted, and only $25 to ship. I hope someone takes advantage of these deals, before I convince myself into the Prior A-Star for the helicopter trip that's not even in any budget. Trying to only buy skis for the conditions we typically ski, not the conditions we wish we skied.

19-20 Moment Sierra in 172cm for $448 (MSRP $749) -- 99mm underfoot All Mountain West Womens

19-20 Moment Wildcat 108 in 184cm for $450 (MSRP $759) -- 108mm underfoot All Mountain West Mens

20-21 Prior A-Star XTC Carbon in 183cm for $504 (MSRP $1450 CAD = $1100 USD) -- 123mm underfoot Powder Mens

20-21 (EX-DEMO) Prior A-Star XTC Carbon in 183cm for $559.50 CAD = $460 USD (MSRP $1450 CAD + Demo Bindings, and a 10% coupon pop-up offer if you sign up for the email, but shipping eats this)
Thanks for sharing, it is always good to share a bargain and yes this is the thread to do it. Someone else may be looking for what you stumble upon so don't feel it is only for something you purchased for yourself.