• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Insane factory rep deals on 2021 Candide 2.0 183cm that I couldn’t say no to! Got last years Attack2 13 in red on a great deal to match. Already been stone ground and will tune later today.

Think this may replace both my Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 as it’s kinda a mix of both of them with even more weight and better suspension with its rubber dampening. 2280 grams and long effective edge with a touch slimmer design than the other 2. @anders_nor the 188cm is about 2330 grams and should HAUL!:cool:
Tested the flex of the Justis and Revolt 104 among others and like the flex of the Candide the best. Similar flex pattern(and weight) to the 2021 183cm Bonafide 97 with just slightly softer flex in the extreme tip/tail.

AFA63668-8F0E-4A38-83CD-E467B2C27039.jpeg

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:eek: you cheeky boi! :eek:

for some reason the 183 CT 2.0 is like... 300 euros for me, and the 188 is... 7-800 euros.... yeah, thats some expensive CM's :(
Is CT line really that far back? or is it AT mark?

Im gonna post this pic just to flex a little since greg did.

Attachments

• 2020-11-17 01.00.12.jpg
    2020-11-17 01.00.12.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 120

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Lol at the flex! Haha

Candide line around 3.5 cm back with the ski now being slightly directional. Candide skis just have that mark now and then you are supposed to mount -1.5cm back for “progressive” and another 1.5cm(3 back from Candide) for “traditional”. I went 1cm back for a bit more stability. Really liking there flex-solid underfoot but not insane stiff where it continues until the very last bit of the tip/tail where it’s softer. Less rocker up front then the Enforcer or Fisher and in between the two at the tail. Think it will be like a stiffer Menace 98 with better sloped tips that won’t bulldoze in crud.
Weird about the price difference of sizes though!

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Insane factory rep deals on 2021 Candide 2.0 183cm that I couldn’t say no to! Got last years Attack2 13 in red on a great deal to match. Already been stone ground and will tune later today.

Think this may replace both my Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 as it’s kinda a mix of both of them with even more weight and better suspension with its rubber dampening. 2280 grams and long effective edge with a touch slimmer design than the other 2. @anders_nor the 188cm is about 2330 grams and should HAUL!:cool:
Tested the flex of the Justis and Revolt 104 among others and like the flex of the Candide the best. Similar flex pattern(and weight) to the 2021 183cm Bonafide 97 with just slightly softer flex in the extreme tip/tail.

View attachment 115170
I loved this ski, and the 3.0, demoing the last few years. Not sure if it's changed for 2021 though. The 2.0 was more turny than the 3.0, so those two complemented each other well.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
:eek: you cheeky boi! :eek:

for some reason the 183 CT 2.0 is like... 300 euros for me, and the 188 is... 7-800 euros.... yeah, thats some expensive CM's :(
Is CT line really that far back? or is it AT mark?

Im gonna post this pic just to flex a little since greg did.
I loved this ski, and the 3.0, demoing the last few years. Not sure if it's changed for 2021 though. The 2.0 was more turny than the 3.0, so those two complemented each other well.

The 2.0 and 1.0 are WAY stiffer than they used to be and now have metal above the edges to beef them up for rail use along with rubber tip/tail and underfoot to dampen. The 2.0 gained 300 grams in the 183 length this year! Similar sidecut to what the old 3.0 had though with all models directional now. Think you’d like them too! Feel super solid.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
The 2.0 and 1.0 are WAY stiffer than they used to be and now have metal above the edges to beef them up for rail use along with rubber tip/tail and underfoot to dampen. The 2.0 gained 300 grams in the 183 length this year! Similar sidecut to what the old 3.0 had though with all models directional now. Think you’d like them too! Feel super solid.
This new CT 2.0 seems to be nice allround skis. Do you skis often in the park?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
This new CT 2.0 seems to be nice allround skis. Do you skis often in the park?

Do make occasional laps on the kickers of park but never do rails as I’m old! Lol
More of an “all mountain freestyle ski” than park ski with the 1.0 being more park biased.

I like the easy pivot capabilities of twins in bumps and off piste but still love to charge on groomers. Like the Enforcer Free and Fisher FR has shown, twins aren’t just for the park.

The new 2.0 CT has a similar weight and slightly stiffer flex to my Enforcer 104 but less rocker and taper so more similar to a heavy Fisher 102. The other thing is the rubber dampening should make it much quieter on harder snow than both of those skis. Think I’m going to really like them but haven’t had them on the snow yet.

Will be a cage match between my Enforcer 104 and Ranger 102 when I get to ski this year but have a feeling it may replace both of them.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Do make occasional laps on the kickers of park but never do rails as I’m old! Lol
More of an “all mountain freestyle ski” than park ski with the 1.0 being more park biased.

I like the easy pivot capabilities of twins in bumps and off piste but still love to charge on groomers. Like the Enforcer Free and Fisher FR has shown, twins aren’t just for the park.

The new 2.0 CT has a similar weight and slightly stiffer flex to my Enforcer 104 but less rocker and taper so more similar to a heavy Fisher 102. The other thing is the rubber dampening should make it much quieter on harder snow than both of those skis. Think I’m going to really like them but haven’t had them on the snow yet.

Will be a cage match between my Enforcer 104 and Ranger 102 when I get to ski this year but have a feeling it may replace both of them.
I currently have the Rustler 9 for this purpose (I don't do rail but work on my 360 in the park from now and then). I like them but I found the shovel a bit "flappy" on irregular snow. I initially had the R9 has a one ski quiver but I bought the Liberty V76 to improve my carving and have fun when I ski on groomers with my wife. I was thinking to replace the R9 by the Moment Deathwish to have better soft snow / pow performance but the CT3.0 might worth a demo. I ski around 20-30 days a season so I can't justify a 3 skis quiver.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I currently have the Rustler 9 for this purpose (I don't do rail but work on my 360 in the park from now and then). I like them but I found the shovel a bit "flappy" on irregular snow. I initially had the R9 has a one ski quiver but I bought the Liberty V76 to improve my carving and have fun when I ski on groomers with my wife. I was thinking to replace the R9 by the Moment Deathwish to have better soft snow / pow performance but the CT3.0 might worth a demo. I ski around 20-30 days a season so I can't justify a 3 skis quiver.

Had the Rustler 9 which was a fun ski but hard snow grip or high speed stability wasn’t its strong suit. Swapped for Enforcer 93, then Menace 98, then Ranger 102 which is a strong carver with pretty good float. Depending on how much new snow you see, something in around the 100-108mm range might get more use.
Deathwish is a great ski but it’s 112mm is a big jump from 76mm unless you get lots of new snow/soft snow days. I use skis in the 100mm range a lot for soft snow/afternoon crud/bit of new snow days even in low snowfall areas.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Beeing able to ski switch, nollie/ollie to shifty of rollers, throw some 1/3s in the carving off rollers, side hits, and.. BUTTERS. etc... is just damn fun. I used to ski race skis pretty much 90% of the time I skied a lot of the years, but... now I just wanna have fun (and still go fast) I'm to old to drag 205? cm skinny skies through shitty crud conditions. I find I'm still faster than 95% of the people I ski with, while doing that stuff, and it allows me not having to wait for them all the time, while increasing my fun on just groomers. A lot of my friends dont wanna hit the park. but beeing able to hit a few minor rails/boxes and jumps if Im paralell, ohh yes I will do it. But you dont wanna throw a huge disaster landing on them if you like your edges.

It HAS to hold an edge and carve good! (unless it brings something other magical thingy to the table)

CT3.0s are surprisingly fun and stable for such a light ski, got no idea how they do it. (go for long lengths)

I'd rate the 102FR over *all* enforcer series skis for handeling carving and harder conditions. Like the enforcer 88 has a ton of grip on ice, but its so soft it will just flex no matter if you drive shovels or go centerd stance. same with even the 193 Enforcer 93, and the flex is just weird, like I got this I got this I got this, ohh crap, flop, I have not got this.

Greg_k and I seem to agree on the love for chargy twintips so when he reccomends a ski, I get them :p (you will like the 7-8-9? pairs I bought on misc early black friday sales!)

And for quite a few years now the 100mm range is apparantly where all the good stuff happens theese days, kinda meeeh, but hey a lot of amazing 100mm skis now.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Greg_k and I seem to agree on the love for chargy twintips so when he reccomends a ski, I get them :p (you will like the 7-8-9? pairs I bought on misc early black friday sales!)

Don’t try and blame me for your ski buying addiction! Haha
Thanks for making me feel less crazy for buying/selling about 6 skis a year as that’s a good afternoon for you! :roflmao:

Do think we will both like the CT 2.0 and I may get the Mantra 102, the Katana 108 or 192cm MFree 108 in your hard charging honour.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am skiing Tahoe and I would say that dump are not frequent but can be important. I was interested by the wildcat 108 but Moment folks told me that Deathwosh was better as a 1 soft snow ski quiver (the wc108 being better in complement of the original wc).

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

I too like twin tips for the reasons you've described, if they retain the ability to rail on edge.

If the 2.0 retains its damp yet playful feel, it sure looks likely to be a winner! Even before, it seemingly felt more precise and not as heavy or slightly vague as the Enforcer 104 Free (though not quite as nice in playful mode), and at least felt more damp than the 102 Fischer (though not as incredible at tracking on edge). If it retains or improves on those abilities, and gains in stability and carving, it may well in some ways potentially improve on those two already good skis.

On the 3.0, the old 2.0 was slightly too turny for me, whereas the 3.0 was just right, and besides being a great powder ski, was, for me, a "cheater" ski at soft or powder bumps: it seemed to turn on its radius, feeling like I was turning on the circumference of a circle, so to speak - even in bumps (or especially in bumps). And it was beautifully balanced in terms of dampness versus liveliness. Its weakness, for me, was that it got tossed a bit in heavy crud, or I'd have bought it.
Do you know if that ski has stiffened up as well?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
the enforcers are damp enough, just not powerfull enough imho (110-115 helps) , and I'd rather trade some damp, for some power. but power + damp sure is fun at times... but just damp, with no power? meeeh.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I am skiing Tahoe and I would say that dump are not frequent but can be important. I was interested by the wildcat 108 but Moment folks told me that Deathwosh was better as a 1 soft snow ski quiver (the wc108 being better in complement of the original wc).

I’d agree that the Deathwish is the better bet for a 1 quiver powder ski vs a 108 and 116/118 Wildcat but usually most Tahoe quivers would have a ski in-between 76mm and 112mm like your Rustler 9 width range for a “daily driver” ski. I love wide skis but I’d rather something close to the 100mm range for the soft snow daily driver, your Liberty skis when things are firm and the odd big powder day, Wildcat 116/118 to not sacrifice the best powder days of the year! The “middle” width ski you will probably use the most so I’d rather not compromise by trying to use 2 skis for all snow conditions vs 3 skis selected to maximize performance in a smaller range of conditions.

Like @anders_nor and I have often complained about, there are very few playful charger/all mountain freestyle type skis below 100mm that aren’t-too soft/too light/poor hard snow edge grip/poor tip shape for crud etc.
A ski like the Candide 2.0 would gain you much more stability at speed/grip on firm groomers vs the Rustler 9 and MUCH higher performance in crud/variable conditions while still being playful. The 2.0 doesn’t have quite as wide tips/tails as most skis in that width so it should feel quicker edge to edge than most 102mm skis.

Sponsor

Staff online