• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I too like twin tips for the reasons you've described, if they retain the ability to rail on edge.

If the 2.0 retains its damp yet playful feel, it sure looks likely to be a winner! Even before, it seemingly felt more precise and not as heavy or slightly vague as the Enforcer 104 Free (though not quite as nice in playful mode), and at least felt more damp than the 102 Fischer (though not as incredible at tracking on edge). If it retains or improves on those abilities, and gains in stability and carving, it may well in some ways potentially improve on those two already good skis.

On the 3.0, the old 2.0 was slightly too turny for me, whereas the 3.0 was just right, and besides being a great powder ski, was, for me, a "cheater" ski at soft or powder bumps: it seemed to turn on its radius, feeling like I was turning on the circumference of a circle, so to speak - even in bumps (or especially in bumps). And it was beautifully balanced in terms of dampness versus liveliness. Its weakness, for me, was that it got tossed a bit in heavy crud, or I'd have bought it.
Do you know if that ski has stiffened up as well?

The 3.0 was changed last year to 112mm underfoot with a SLIGHT weight(50 grams) and radius drop(1-2m) and then this years the core was changed and now weight up 200 grams and radius back similar to the previous 108mm version. Flex seems to be similar on all versions.
So it should ski similar to the old 3.0 with an extra 200 grams to help it’s crud performance. Haven’t tried it yet but have seen lots of good reviews on them.

The 2.0 should definitely be “less turny” by slightly narrowing the tip(135mm to 131mm) and tail(135mm to 127mm) so it’s directional now while staying 102mm underfoot. Turning radius up to 20m in the 183cm now(17m before I think). So it should increase carving capabilities while maybe reducing float a bit. Less tip rocker than either the Enforcer 104 or Fisher 102 FR with tail rocker and overall flex in between the two of them. Much stiffer and heavier than the old 2.0.

So I’m hoping it will have similar edge grip and carving ability of the Fisher 102 but be more damp. Have the suspension and silence on firm snow of the Menace 98 but better shaped tips for crud busting and lower swing weight. Have similar playfulness of the Enforcer 104 but more stable at high speeds with better edge grip and quieter on firm snow. Think it won’t float quite as well as the E104 or 102FR but should still be fairly decent.

Dying for the enforcer/Fisher/2.0 cage match along with trying out my new Kendo 88s and Moment Wildcats. Going to have a very full car the first day of skiing!!!:roflmao:

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ahah it’s funny that even after swapping so many skis you still believe that these ct 2.0 will be perfects :D
The 3.0 was changed last year to 112mm underfoot with a SLIGHT weight(50 grams) and radius drop(1-2m) and then this years the core was changed and now weight up 200 grams and radius back similar to the previous 108mm version. Flex seems to be similar on all versions.
So it should ski similar to the old 3.0 with an extra 200 grams to help it’s crud performance. Haven’t tried it yet but have seen lots of good reviews on them.

The 2.0 should definitely be “less turny” by slightly narrowing the tip(135mm to 131mm) and tail(135mm to 127mm) so it’s directional now while staying 102mm underfoot. Turning radius up to 20m in the 183cm now(17m before I think). So it should increase carving capabilities while maybe reducing float a bit. Less tip rocker than either the Enforcer 104 or Fisher 102 FR with tail rocker and overall flex in between the two of them. Much stiffer and heavier than the old 2.0.

So I’m hoping it will have similar edge grip and carving ability of the Fisher 102 but be more damp. Have the suspension and silence on firm snow of the Menace 98 but better shaped tips for crud busting and lower swing weight. Have similar playfulness of the Enforcer 104 but more stable at high speeds with better edge grip and quieter on firm snow. Think it won’t float quite as well as the E104 or 102FR but should still be fairly decent.

Dying for the enforcer/Fisher/2.0 cage match along with trying out my new Kendo 88s and Moment Wildcats. Going to have a very full car the first day of skiing!!!:roflmao:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ahah it’s funny that even after swapping so many skis you still believe that these ct 2.0 will be perfects :D

More the fact of me trying out so many skis and knowing that no ski does everything well, I have a very good idea what a skis strengths are priorities for me and what skis weaknesses I can live with. ogsmile

Find I can now get a pretty accurate guess if I’ll like a ski or not from seeing it’s weight, side cut, tip shape, flex, mount points etc and have a good idea of what a certain ski will do well and what it won’t now.

So when a ski like the new 2.0 comes out that shares a lot the positive design and build attributes of 3 skis I really like, there’s a very good chance I will like it. Already can tell that it won’t float in powder as well as the E104 and Ranger 102 but that will just be a great excuse to pull out the Wildcats more! Win/win!:roflmao:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a ski purchase, but a fat bike accessory purchase. I needed something to haul some farm gear back and forth, so I added an Old Man Mountain rack and fun printed panniers:

36239780-C0D2-4B03-B996-283A0A7A0010.jpeg

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I paid the ultimate price for these... FREE!!! Thanks to Powder Magazine and Wonder Alpine, I was the lucky winner one day in the October 31 Days of Giveaways.
IMG_20201125_221326254.jpg
I've put in a request with the large white-bearded man of the North for some Atomic Backland Tour bindings, hopefully he, and Ullr provide.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't buy anything, but wanted to put out an FYI that The Ski Monster has some great deals on their outlet page today, free shipping too. Mindbender 98ti Alliance for $199, Kastle FX 88 for $440, things like that.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I didn't buy anything, but wanted to put out an FYI that The Ski Monster has some great deals on their outlet page today, free shipping too. Mindbender 98ti Alliance for $199, Kästle FX 88 for $440, things like that.

Reposting this as there are some INSANE deals for those looking for 90ish wide skis! Great find @skiki!

Reactions: Ogg

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
I was supposed to get the k2 ikonic 80 Ti for Ontario skiing, but I ended up with Elan ripstick 88 with tyrolia demo bindings. Not the ideal choice for the conditions in Ontario, but I want to have one pair of skis to handle almost everything I throw at it even when I travel, and as I don't go super fast and can always rent real powder skis if necessary, I thought this was the right fit for me. CA$560 all in so I couldn't pass it up.
20201127_183346.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was supposed to get the k2 ikonic 80 Ti for Ontario skiing, but I ended up with Elan ripstick 88 with tyrolia demo bindings. Not the ideal choice for the conditions in Ontario, but I want to have one pair of skis to handle almost everything I throw at it even when I travel, and as I don't go super fast and can always rent real powder skis if necessary, I thought this was the right fit for me. CA$560 all in so I couldn't pass it up. View attachment 116574
A Maine friend of mine skis these exclusively in Maine, and she loves them. So I think you made a good choice!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I ordered a Sportube overheader backpack from Mountain Steals in an ugly plaid pattern because it was about half price in that color. The package arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised that they sent me a black and green one that coordinates with my Kulkea ski bag instead. :cool:
FC4D7D75-76D9-4E6D-801C-710ED52A9170.jpeg

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got these skis and bindings mounted for my 10 year old daughter:
ATK Crest 8 on K2 Pinnacle junior 84, 139cm

Attachments

• A81345EC-467F-4B0F-A5AA-F926FCCB1522.jpeg
    A81345EC-467F-4B0F-A5AA-F926FCCB1522.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 15

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And the skins cut.

Weight of these(her all mountain skis from last year, chin high now), is about 150g more than the kids AT skis out there.
1445g/ski+binding
137FA72E-97F1-4EEB-9DA5-3FF8FFEA5A1B.jpeg
5EA6B5AE-C57C-4330-AE79-857FF4DCD853.jpeg
5EA6B5AE-C57C-4330-AE79-857FF4DCD853.jpeg

Sponsor