• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
5 or 6.0?

5.0. They are thicker than my normal sock but not TOO much. I did have to adjust my buckles a little bit. But after 2 days I'm sold on these. Did a little experiment yesterday running them on the absolute lowest setting. My feet were not toasty, but definitely not cold. I then turned them off completely and my toes became noticeably much colder quite quickly. I may pick up a pair of the 6.0's at some point however just because I really like a thin sock. But again. super happy with my purchase as of now.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the 6.0, they are actually thinner than most of the socks I have, so considering getting a 5.0 to go with them.

the 6.0 are also REALLY tight, had to use them 10+ times before the stopped killing my calfs

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20210217_215331.jpg

Well, they got here in time for the cold blast, not that I will be off crutches in time to use them

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
New helmet!

Helmet_new ACR Conv.jpg

Which I had to buy because this happened to my prior one (only got a bit more than a year old):

Helmet_broken ACR Conv.jpg

I'm guessing the brim got caught on something in my boot bag on a flight where I checked it. There are a few tabs under the brim that broke, and some connection to the foam in the back. Oh well... at least I have a more colorful helmet now - it's hard to find anything but black, grey, and the occassional white in an XL.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been debating picking up a pair of MX84's since last season and finally added them to the quiver. As much as I like my other skis with tip rocker there's just something about a full camber ski that really works for me as a daily driver.

IMG_2617.jpg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've been debating picking up a pair of MX84's since last season and finally added them to the quiver. As much as I like my other skis with tip rocker there's just something about a full camber ski that really works for me as a daily driver.

View attachment 125286

I can see from the pic that the AFD height has not been adjusted on the toe yet as you should have the 2 screws in front of it partially covered over after adjustment if you’re using a regular alpine/non GW boot. Make sure you adjust it or have it adjusted before use.

Nice looking skis!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can see from the pic that the AFD height has not been adjusted on the toe yet as you should have the 2 screws in front of it partially covered over after adjustment if you’re using a regular alpine/non GW boot. Make sure you adjust it or have it adjusted before use.

Nice looking skis!

Thanks for pointing it out. The bindings were mounted by Powder 7 but I haven't taken them to my local shop to be adjusted yet. And I agree, they look good!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

View attachment 125286
They look like fun, what length are they?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Loved the new 2021 Candide 2.0 so much and saw an insane deal on the new 184cm 3.0 and added it to the family. Weigh in at just over 2200grams each and quite stiff throughout. Should CHARGE.
Attack2 13 bindings on them that I swapped from my Kendo 88s which now have the heavier Attack2 16 on them.

B52E6A2D-E86E-4FE2-A861-1E660898910B.jpeg

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
New helmet!

View attachment 124849

Which I had to buy because this happened to my prior one (only got a bit more than a year old):

View attachment 124850

I'm guessing the brim got caught on something in my boot bag on a flight where I checked it. There are a few tabs under the brim that broke, and some connection to the foam in the back. Oh well... at least I have a more colorful helmet now - it's hard to find anything but black, grey, and the occassional white in an XL.
Dude! I beseech you. Delete this post immediately, and come up with a more colorful story. You’re missing a great opportunity!
Could it have been from that moose encounter at Steamboat?
Or that wicked air you got at Aspen?
Or perhaps that brawl with a pack of rogue snowboarders?
Come on!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Dude! I beseech you. Delete this post immediately, and come up with a more colorful story. You’re missing a great opportunity!
Could it have been from that moose encounter at Steamboat?
Or that wicked air you got at Aspen?
Or perhaps that brawl with a pack of rogue snowboarders?
Come on!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
The real question is did the SkiTalk sticker cause the damage and void the warranty ;)

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
New helmet!

View attachment 124849

View attachment 124850

What? Don't they have Gorilla Glue in Virginia? :ogbiggrin:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was afraid if i put it on my helmet it would wind up in my hair, and there'd be a whole lawsuit mess. ;)
Whatever helps you sleep at night! :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online