• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier

Finally, wish they came in some better colors

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
My first pair of skis and boots -
20211022_162514.jpg

20211022_162820.jpg

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
And what's the verdict?

Great so far! I haven't skied a resort dedicated boot in 5+ years so I was very happy with the increased power and precision. Should have done it sooner. Very good stiffer boot option for women.

This boot also has nice features like how the powerstrap has a hook and isn't flopping around when you loosen it.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My first pair of skis and boots - View attachment 145989

Nice! You'll find quite a few Monster fans here. A couple seasons on these and you'll be ready for the metal variants, which with any luck coincides with Head introducing a new Monster lineup for 2024. We all remain hopeful and vigilant.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Really stoked on these new resort boots. Thanks Boot Mechanics in Golden.

They saw their first day of action today at A Basin.

View attachment 146047

Great so far! I haven't skied a resort dedicated boot in 5+ years so I was very happy with the increased power and precision. Should have done it sooner. Very good stiffer boot option for women.

This boot also has nice features like how the powerstrap has a hook and isn't flopping around when you loosen it.
I had my hands on a pair of those this past winter and was really impresed with the design. I really love the buckles that stay out of the way when you are taking your boot off.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I had my hands on a pair of those this past winter and was really impresed with the design. I really love the buckles that stay out of the way when you are taking your boot off.
Yup, still loving my Mach 1's, this will be my 3rd or 4th year with them. I could have gone with a Lange or Atomic, but the buckle catch was one of the things that sold me, along with the heel hold and other design features like the CAS system.

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nice! You'll find quite a few Monster fans here. A couple seasons on these and you'll be ready for the metal variants, which with any luck coincides with Head introducing a new Monster lineup for 2024. We all remain hopeful and vigilant.

Thanks @tomahawkins. I bought them based on reviews on this board. From what I have read the x83s seemed to be a pretty good place for me to start being well past beginner and hoping to greatly improve this coming season.

Do you know if the x83 from the 19-20 season came with a single layer of titanal instead of 2? As opposed to previous years that did not have any metal?

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been looking for a decent deal on a pair of 172 Elan Wingman 82 CTI skis. I just came across just that at OutdoorXL- they have a pair that were used as test skis. $394 and they are mounting the bindings, $461 with shipping to the US (OutdoorXL is in the Netherlands). Pretty good price for essentially brand new skis and new bindings. Pictures to come when they arrive!