• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Picked these up the other day. Demo skis, but obviously never skied! I've been interested in this ski since it was introduced, so I'm really excited! 182cm.

Attachments

• 94C2318B-14E5-464D-9BD7-D6C109E907CF.jpeg
    94C2318B-14E5-464D-9BD7-D6C109E907CF.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 58
  • EF9767D3-F69B-4BEF-820B-FA624C3AE410.jpeg
    EF9767D3-F69B-4BEF-820B-FA624C3AE410.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 45
  • A74C3029-D815-40E4-BC71-FCA2F91C3E94.jpeg
    A74C3029-D815-40E4-BC71-FCA2F91C3E94.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 42

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
but she’s got hundreds of pairs of red soles and dozens of Birkin bags let along rooms full of designer clothing.
Dozens of Birkin bags??!!!!!! Those bags start at $10k. They are the ultimate status symbol in NYC to even own one bag. And she's got dozens??!!! I'd say you are safe to own as large of a ski quiver as you would like.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Dozens of Birkin bags??!!!!!! Those bags start at $10k. They are the ultimate status symbol in NYC to even own one bag. And she's got dozens??!!! I'd say you are safe to own as large of a ski quiver as you would like.
The Hermes Kelly bags usually start around $10k with most popular Birkins starting in the $15k-20k range. Get into the crocodile, lizard or ostrich versions and you’re $60k-$100k plus or super rare Diamond versions and you’re $200k plus!
Know she’s had many rare bags(Birkin and others) double in value in less than 2 years as they are so highly desired.

Another world for sure and skis are VERY cheap in comparison to high fashion!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Get into the crocodile, lizard or ostrich versions and you’re $60k-$100k plus or super rare Diamond versions and you’re $200k plus!
:geek: :geek: :geek:

Well if that isn't madness I do not know what is.

You cant even that man...unless you get into the Bugatti Veyron collection game. Skis just don't cut it.

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
I first bought K2 Mindbender 90ti’s but had a change of heart and sold them and bought the enforcers.

I demoed the Mindbender and was favorably impressed, but wouldn't consider them because they are made in China. Same goes for Liberty even though they also make some good skis.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I also ordered just the 40L bag (the E1 Airbag system is swappable.) Couldn't find anyone in the states with it so got a UK hookup.

For anyone considering the E1 system -- I think the clear bag winner is the 40L overall. For a little bit of weight you get more useable space, a better waist belt with a gear loop and pocket and a better avy tools pocket. The 30L is still a solid bag. I expect many US retailers know this and it's why the 40L kit is easier to find.

I'll be glad to have both packs because I will probably wear out the packs before the E1 system. Plus it gives me a smaller bag for any inbounds/sidecountry and smaller days out.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From Ski Hut too! I used to get all my gear there or Hoigaards when I skied Buck, Afton and a bunch of other Minnesota bumps.
cool!!

I am the Bike Fitter at Skihut , but these I bought used from my friend. We are lucky, his son is just a touch bigger than my youngest, so we have had several pairs of skis handed down.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Mine and the oldest boy's skis: Blossom No.1 RC 170, J Skis Allplay (Morning Sickness graphic) 171:
newSkis3.jpg

His and her's boots Nordica SpeedMachine 3 115 W, K2 Recon 130 MW (liners out and drying):
boots.jpg

I'm no bastard, my wife claimed a pair of Blossom Crosswind 172 that I was trying to be sneaky about. That never works! Props to Mike at Premier Skis who sold me these at closeout at a very good price and is sending new toe pieces that are GripWalk compatible; exchange, no charge thanks Mike @PremierSkis
skis4.jpg

Also to add...These Blossom Skis are beautifully constructed. I got my No.1 RC back from the shop today (binding check, full tune) and the tuners were all like, "I've heard of these but never seen them, this is what a ski should feel like." Everybody loved the top sheet material. One guy fashioned himself as an aficionado of everything ski and was very impressed with the build quality. I'm also blown away and afraid to ski them, they're so beautifully made. Ef it, taking them out for a spin tomorrow...

The J Skis are not bad either. Totally different clientele. Awesome looking graphics top and base. Blossom has that race type construction with lots of thinner wood strips (vertically) and full Ti sheets which you can really appreciate when you get the ski and check out that sandwich from the side. J Skis has that thick maple/aspen block and stout edges and bases. Different strokes for different folks. All good. Ima take a look at that Masterblaster and HotShot for myself. Maybe not so different clientele ;)

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine and the oldest boy's skis: Blossom No.1 RC 170, J Skis Allplay (Morning Sickness graphic) 171: View attachment 147793

His and her's boots Nordica SpeedMachine 3 115 W, K2 Recon 130 MW (liners out and drying):
View attachment 147794
I'm no bastard, my wife claimed a pair of Blossom Crosswind 172 that I was trying to be sneaky about. That never works! Props to Mike at Premier Skis who sold me these at closeout at a very good price and is sending new toe pieces that are GripWalk compatible; exchange, no charge thanks Mike @PremierSkis View attachment 147795

Also to add...These Blossom Skis are beautifully constructed. I got my No.1 RC back from the shop today (binding check, full tune) and the tuners were all like, "I've heard of these but never seen them, this is what a ski should feel like." Everybody loved the top sheet material. One guy fashioned himself as an aficionado of everything ski and was very impressed with the build quality. I'm also blown away and afraid to ski them, they're so beautifully made. Ef it, taking them out for a spin tomorrow...

The J Skis are not bad either. Totally different clientele. Awesome looking graphics top and base. Blossom has that race type construction with lots of thinner wood strips (vertically) and full Ti sheets which you can really appreciate when you get the ski and check out that sandwich from the side. J Skis has that thick maple/aspen block and stout edges and bases. Different strokes for different folks. All good. Ima take a look at that Masterblaster and HotShot for myself. Maybe not so different clientele ;)
I’m viewing that Morning Sickness graphic at 6:40 AM while having my coffee, and I feel ill! :roflmao:
It’s perfect for a teenage kid! J has some great graphics.
Blossoms are indeed gorgeous skis. Congrats!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The skis my 14 year old got for her birthday a few weeks ago are mounted. WROD opens this weekend, but with just one run, I think we’ll wait a week.
A516F62E-B31D-46A6-B7D1-174168FDCA7C.jpeg

Blizzard Rustler 9, 180cm, with Marker TCX 12.
Thanks for the reviews and advice folks!

Sponsor

Staff online