• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
We're bound to have one, so I'll go first.

My SO (5'9") started her second season this year on beginner skis (Volkl Attiva Oceana 162s.) She demo'd a lot at an early season demo day which gave me a good idea of what she likes in a ski. In order of importance: lightweight!, ~168-173 was the sweet spot, 80-90mm waist, medium flex and turn radius, directional). She's improving quickly and gaining confidence this year in her first 5 days on the mountain. I knew it was only a matter of time before an upgrade was necessary, and didn't want her to start on gear that might hinder learning the basics and building confidence.

Money is tight as I'm saving for a house, and she's in grad school. But tomorrow I'll take delivery of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201468361653 for her early Xmas gift. $200 for new 2014 Nordica Wild Belles with integrated bindings, shipped. I have the week to tune, wax, and setup the clamps before she returns this weekend. A quick torque test at the hill in the morning and we'll be ready to go.

14009217-.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the binding?

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Philpug -- yep.

Not sure exactly what they are. Some sort of system binding labeled as "N ADV P.R. EVO" . Re-branded markers? Decent system? They have the right DIN range for her, and--importantly--are green.

I'm hoping when listed as "unmounted" that the system is installed and just need the heel/toe pieces put into place and adjusted -- not rails / etc mounted. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug -- yep.

Not sure exactly what they are. Some sort of system binding labeled as "N ADV P.R. EVO" . Re-branded markers? Decent system? They have the right DIN range for her, and--importantly--are green.

I'm hoping when listed as "unmounted" that the system is installed and just need the heel/toe pieces put into place and adjusted -- not rails / etc mounted. Fingers crossed.
Actually it is a good system. What I like most about the EVO is that it has a zero ramp angle uncommon in todays systems.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I assume they ship from Nordica with the base plates / rails already installed?

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just ordered a pair of head i.Supershape Rally Skis w/PR Bindings. I'm a little bit excited. Thank you @Philpug for the help! :daffy:

Demo'd some i.Supershape Rally's for the first time this year. Beautiful mix of power and not-overly-demanding as a carver. If I was living on the east coast they'd certainly be in my quiver.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
When the Rallys arrive, I think it is best that I take them out and make sure they are skiing up to snuff. ;)
If you could that would be great. That way they will already be trained to ski correctly when I get on them.:)

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
First year I've had a tree in my own home (always gone at xmas) so no decorations to speak of. But I put the tree up nonetheless, and 'mounted' the recent purchase.
PnVfR1N.jpg

Mounted is in quotes because these were by far the easiest system binding I've dealt with. Super intuitive and quick.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
4 OEM Chevy Silverado 265/79 R17 rims for $150 this last weekend! These will get some snows or ATs to get me to and fro the local (but small) slopes when the weather looks promising. at 50 and 60 miles, money well spent to help me and family on the road.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
First year I've had a tree in my own home (always gone at xmas) so no decorations to speak of. But I put the tree up nonetheless, and 'mounted' the recent purchase.
PnVfR1N.jpg

Mounted is in quotes because these were by far the easiest system binding I've dealt with. Super intuitive and quick.

Wild Belle...I think I love you...but I want to know for sure....

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My Christmas present from DH! Purchased for $323 including bindings!
http://www.skiessentials.com/outlet...volkl-women-s-one-skis-w-salomon-sth2-13.html

AND, thanks to a new Columbia outlet store across the street from my school (YIKES!) I bought my man 2 new ski jackets and a fleece for $200.00. They even had an educator's discount. I can walk there and back and spend copious amounts of money in under an hour. I am in serious trouble!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
My Enforcers are set for tomorrow delivery. Joel says we will get 10-20" between Friday and Tuesday. But I promised my wife that they would be going under the tree for Christmas.

But I didn't say which trees :crossfingers:

Sponsor

Staff online