• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pre-ordered a pair of Shaggy's Skis Ahmeek 115's, (semi)custom top sheet, custom bases, custom layup.. I kinda went all out on the build with them. I took everything I liked and disliked about the narrower Ahmeek 95 and attempted to tune it to what I think I want in a bigger ski. After chatting with Spencer at Shaggy's a bit (it was actually a couple 15 minute phone calls over the last few months..), we settled on using the standard Ahmeek Mid-Light core but adding their nanomag dampening metal strip and a heavier fiberglass layup. With any luck it will preserve the light feel and swing weight I enjoyed with the Ahmeek 95, but add a small touch of stiffness and a lot of dampening. I felt those changes were needed after skiing the 95's a decent bit last year, loved them but wanted some more dampening. I'll get them sometime before October!

My skis arrived today! I'll be mounting them with some Attack 16's once I get a pair ordered. For now I'm just going to drool over them.
20210825_125745.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Aspen Ski Corp just issued me a 2021-22 season pass refund.

Last April I bragged on here about my purchase of a Aspen Premier Super Senior Pass for $549 with a no questions asked refund option that expires Aug. 27. In the past, if purchased at the start of the season, the price went up by $300 to $849. So, a nice savings with the early bird purchase.

On Aug. 15 Aspen announced the latest pass price increases including additional incremental increases that take effect Oct.4 and Dec. 4. Here is the good news, worth bragging about: While the Aug15 price is now increased to $599, it stays at that price with no further increases (this is only the case for Kid's Pass and Super Senior Pass). So as I told the Customer Service guy who issued me the refund, paying an extra $50 when I show up in Aspen in Feb. is like buying pass insurance.

When I bought the Super Senior Pass early last April, the Delta Variant Virus was not a big deal like it is now and who is to say what this coming winter will bring including possible border crossing problems. So it is only costing me an extra $50 and I am not risking loosing $549 if I don't get to Aspen in 2022. And I only pay the extra $50 if I get there.

And who doesn't think $599 for a season pass to Aspen isn't still worth bragging about? :)

Last edited:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Aspen Ski Corp just issued me a 2021-22 season pass refund.

Last April I bragged on here about my purchase of a Aspen Premier Super Senior Pass for $549 with a no questions asked refund option that expires Aug. 27. In the past, if purchased at the start of the season, the price went up by $300 to $849. So, a nice savings with the early bird purchase.

On Aug. 15 Aspen announced the latest pass price increases including additional incremental increases that take effect Oct.4 and Dec. 4. Here is the good news, worth bragging about: While the Aug15 price is now increased to $599, it stays at that price with no further increases (this is only the case for Kid's Pass and Super Senior Pass). So as I told the Customer Service guy who issued me the refund, paying an extra $50 when I show up in Aspen in Feb. is like buying pass insurance.

When I bought the Super Senior Pass early last April, the Delta Variant Virus was not a big deal like it is now and who is to say what this coming winter will bring including possible border crossing problems. So it is only costing me an extra $50 and I am not risking loosing $549 if I don't get to Aspen in 2022. And I only pay the extra $50 if I get there.

And who doesn't think $599 for a season pass to Aspen isn't still worth bragging about? :)
Is that about the same price as a walk in day ticket? :rolleyes:

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since getting into AT skiing a few years ago, I wanted to add a narrower, spring and long distance AT ski to the quiver.

I was looking at a few models, when I came across a great price ($160!) for the Faction Agent 1.0.
This shape of ski (front and back rocker, tapered tip and tail) suits my skiing style, but if it doesn’t work out,
For a $160 I feel I am not taking a very big chance here. :ogbiggrin:

FE6E804C-EC9B-494B-AEE7-BAFD1B321EBA.png

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
New pair of “low coverage powder ski” that I got on a great deal to add to my other three 2021 Faction CT skis. Got the 190cm CT 3.0 skis at 45% off and Red Attack2 13 bindings at 1/2 off to match. Think they will rip!
Added a roomy Atomic bag to use with them for 40% off too.

FE59DB71-4127-4CAD-AF51-89F03DD2BDE7.jpeg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have been happily using one of those for several years, and added a second one two years ago when the girls’ skis became to big to fit in a duffel.
My only wish would be for some internal tie downs, might add that.

I love that color, should help distinguish it from the entire belt full of black ski bags at DIA.

Still, I add some colored tape to each grab handle, just to be sure.
Good to know you like this bag!
Yeah, internal straps would’ve been great, but weren’t a deal breaker. I’ll come up with a way to do that myself.
The flowered pattern is indeed distinctive and yes, a good way to distinguish between all the other ski bags.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great choice all around for tele, Wendy. My wife skis alpine on the Back Pearl 82 and loves them. Just bending them I can tell they have a sweet flex for tele.

As for me, I just got an e-mail from Mike at Premier Skis that my Blossom AM85s have arrived and will ship soon! Yee-Haw!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
They’re actually tiny (shot glass sized). I have promised my kids post skiing hot chocolate shots this winter
Well if they are shot glass size than I better chance it to Booze in a Boot.

Reactions: Mel

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New tele setup! Blizzard Black Pearl 82 with Meidjo 3.0 bindings and Scarpa TX Pro boots.
View attachment 141869
Oh, I also got my unmounted new-old stock DPS Nina99’s mounted with inserts so I can switch the Meidjo tele bindings over to them. (Inserts are on Black Pearls too, obviously).
Flex on both skis feels very similar; turn radius is similar too.
A2C96C56-D157-4673-9554-18DFE982310D.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
happy to see Im not the only people loving inserts!
With the inserts do you need to occasionally re-tighten the screws or use medium Locktite or :huh:

Sponsor