• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With the inserts do you need to occasionally re-tighten the screws or use medium Locktite or :huh:
I was told I only needed to hand-tighten the screws. No Locktite. I did ask about that.
But I will check in again with the guy who did them before I ski them.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With the inserts do you need to occasionally re-tighten the screws or use medium Locktite or :huh:
no, you use a plastic mild loctite kindna, vibratite, it keeps them from coming undone, but still super easy to undo

I have a few pairs with not even that, they stay stuck quite a long time, and you do not tighten much like @Wendy says

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
no, you use a plastic mild loctite kindna, vibratite, it keeps them from coming undone, but still super easy to undo

I have a few pairs with not even that, they stay stuck quite a long time, and you do not tighten much like @Wendy says
Thanks for the vibratite recommendation! I’m new to all this.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Oh, I also got my unmounted new-old stock DPS Nina99’s mounted with inserts so I can switch the Meidjo tele bindings over to them. (Inserts are on Black Pearls too, obviously).
Flex on both skis feels very similar; turn radius is similar too.
View attachment 142047

OK time to do research - how is the POP? *insouciant arch-facetious smiley*

Thanks for the vibratite recommendation! I’m new to all this.

If you have heavy grease or hand-mouldable wax handy, they're usable as thread lockers at cold temps too.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That is a good question, I think you need something to keep the water from getting in. But I will defer to the experts.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
My 184 Moment Dearhwish skis have been retired from the A-Team. I'm putting shifts on them, and they'll be rock skis for touring and resort.

They've been replaced by.....NEW DEATHWISHES! Also at 184. Moving my pivots over to the new skis.

I also bought 182 Moment Commander Tours. Will be putting Alpinists on them.

My partner, Liz picked up 174 Moment Wildcat Tours.

We're up to 10 Moment skis between us. So.... I guess we like them!

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So just scored a great deal on Faction Candide 3.0X skis for my daughter. Sierra has them going for $399 and Evo's price match beat that price by 5%. Also picked up some Attack2 16s to go with the skis, so loving that :)

Now if anyone has a spare set of Tyrolia breaks in 110 that would be great as the bindings I picked up are 130 which is a little wide for a 112 ski.

dovski

Skier
So just scored a great deal on Faction Candide 3.0X skis for my daughter. Sierra has them going for $399 and Evo's price match beat that price by 5%. Also picked up some Attack2 16s to go with the skis, so loving that :)

Now if anyone has a spare set of Tyrolia breaks in 110 that would be great as the bindings I picked up are 130 which is a little wide for a 112 ski.
image.jpg

So we just counted and came to the realization that my daughter now has 5 pairs of skis
Last year she competed on a Santa Ana 100 and Mindbender Alliance 88ti, she still has her Volkl 98s and a pair of Fischer junior multi event skis.
we are now adding a Faction CT 3.0x to the roster.

My wife’s natural question is why do you need another pair of skis. My daughters answer to her “because these ones have a rainbow on them”
My daughters answer to me “because I need a pair of fat twin tips to ski backwards in deep pow.”

Quiet honestly I like both answers, that being said I think it is time to sell a couple pairs of skis

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@dovski Attack brakes aren’t that cheap to purchase($50 US range) so I hope you got a great price on the bindings as places like Corbetts have Attack 13s with 110 brakes from $120 US and the Attack 16 from $145 US.

She’ll love the skis and will use the existing skis far less when the snow is soft. Such a great ski!

Ordered a back up set of 2021 Candide 1.0 and a set of 2021 Prodigy 3.0 to go along with my existing CT Skis. Will mount with Attacks too.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I have a set of 110s if you have an 85/90….

dovski

Skier
@dovski Attack brakes aren’t that cheap to purchase($50 US range) so I hope you got a great price on the bindings as places like Corbetts have Attack 13s with 110 brakes from $120 US and the Attack 16 from $145 US.

She’ll love the skis and will use the existing skis far less when the snow is soft. Such a great ski!

Ordered a back up set of 2021 Candide 1.0 and a set of 2021 Prodigy 3.0 to go along with my existing CT Skis. Will mount with Attacks too.
So first bit of good news is I got the Attack2 16s on sale, was also able to find the right brake on sale for $22, but then I found a better price for the same binding with the 110 brake, so original bindings with the 130 brake are being returned and same binding with 110 brake have been purchased. Luckily we have a few months until ski season so lots of time to get the skis mounted and dialed in :)

Now if only I could find a pair of these skis in my size so I can ski backwards in deep POW with my daughter ... who am I kidding that is just another way to hurt myself :roflmao:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Glad it worked out in the end! What colour Attacks did you get? Probably recommend around 1.5cm back from the Candide line for her use and that’s where I have both my CT 3.0 mounted.

Highly recommended if you do find a pair in your length. They are shockingly good skis even if you never go intentionally switch! So fun flying over crud or in powder.

dovski

Skier
Glad it worked out in the end! What colour Attacks did you get? Probably recommend around 1.5cm back from the Candide line for her use and that’s where I have both my CT 3.0 mounted.

Highly recommended if you do find a pair in your length. They are shockingly good skis even if you never go intentionally switch! So fun flying over crud or in powder.
We ended up with Black Attack2 16s. We wanted white but the price on the black bindings was significantly better.

I actually really like the CT 3.0 first skied them at the Faction Demo Center in Verbier during a deep POW weekend and fell in love. That said I already have a pair of Enforcer 110s that I really like and four pairs of Stocklis (Ax, SR88, old SR95 and new SR95) so another pair of skis is just not needed right now. Should I retire my Enforcers the Faction will be a strong contender to replace them unless @LindseyB comes through for us and finally convinces Stockli to build another POW ski .... rumor has it Stockli has been tinkering with something but then again ....

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
We ended up with Black Attack2 16s. We wanted white but the price on the black bindings was significantly better.

I actually really like the CT 3.0 first skied them at the Faction Demo Center in Verbier during a deep POW weekend and fell in love. That said I already have a pair of Enforcer 110s that I really like and four pairs of Stöcklis (Ax, SR88, old SR95 and new SR95) so another pair of skis is just not needed right now. Should I retire my Enforcers the Faction will be a strong contender to replace them unless @LindseyB comes through for us and finally convinces Stöckli to build another POW ski .... rumor has it Stöckli has been tinkering with something but then again ....

“Black goes with everything” as every fashionista would say!

Forgot you had the Enforcer 110 skis which would be more similar to the Prodigy line with it’s softer tip/tail flex and increased taper vs the CT line. Hoping the Prodigy 3.0 will be similar to my old Enforcer 104 skis but with more stability at high speeds with the longer turning radius of the Prodigy.

The 2021 Candide line have a similar “wide carver” feel to the Stormriders but they are heavier and stiffer for better suspension and their twin tails are easier to release.
CT line is going much lighter for 2022 so it won’t be the same ski I’m afraid. Hence the reason I’m stocking up! Prodigy line stays the same on most models.

dovski

Skier
“Black goes with everything” as every fashionista would say!

Forgot you had the Enforcer 110 skis which would be more similar to the Prodigy line with it’s softer tip/tail flex and increased taper vs the CT line. Hoping the Prodigy 3.0 will be similar to my old Enforcer 104 skis but with more stability at high speeds with the longer turning radius of the Prodigy.

The 2021 Candide line have a similar “wide carver” feel to the Stormriders but they are heavier and stiffer for better suspension and their twin tails are easier to release.
CT line is going much lighter for 2022 so it won’t be the same ski I’m afraid. Hence the reason I’m stocking up! Prodigy line stays the same on most models.
I did notice that this years CT was redesigned. It is lighter and the lengths are different, but tips, waist and tails are the same as is the turning radius. That said I was able to get last years model at about 60% off retail and my daughters pro-deal with Faction only gives about 20% off MSRP. Interestingly enough the Faction website does not call out CT as having a new design this year, even though the ski has clearly changed. Regardless this ski will not be her daily driver or main competition ski, really this will be for those POW days and any competitions with deep POW.

dovski

Skier
Oops I did it again :eek: Brand new Stockli SR95s but sssh don't tell the boss .... or for that matter my kids as they always sell me out on things like this :roflmao:
joking aside after three core shots to my old SR95s during closing weekend a Snowbird (totally @Jim Kenney's fault for showing me all those great rocky runs ;) it was time for a refresh. Old SR95s are now my early season + skiing with @Jim Kenney skis. New SR95s are all waxed up a ready to go ... granted now I have to wait a few months but with inventories in flux do to Covid advanced planning and early purchases are the ticket this year!!

54F5D4EE-7234-4534-88ED-298C21344045.jpeg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I did notice that this years CT was redesigned. It is lighter and the lengths are different, but tips, waist and tails are the same as is the turning radius. That said I was able to get last years model at about 60% off retail and my daughters pro-deal with Faction only gives about 20% off MSRP. Interestingly enough the Faction website does not call out CT as having a new design this year, even though the ski has clearly changed. Regardless this ski will not be her daily driver or main competition ski, really this will be for those POW days and any competitions with deep POW.

The CT 1.0 is the only one that changed dimensions, so the CT 2.0 and 3.0 just get lighter wood cores and less metal underfoot replaced with carbon sheets. About 200 grams loss on the CT 3.0 and 400 grams on the 1.0 and 2.0.

Pro deals are great for the latest gear but it’s always cheaper buying last years gear on sales. And last years are the better build and higher performance ones. Win/win!

Think she will be surprised how versatile they are and how much higher the all mountain performance is vs her existing skis. Was shocked at the stability at high speed and the improvement in carving performance on the CT 3.0 vs my Enforcer. Used them a few days on Spring days in Tremblant which went from HARD groomers in the morning to heavy slop by noon when I really warmed up. They were amazing those days and made it fun late in the day when everyone was struggling on other skis.

Last edited:
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Pro deals are great for the latest gear but it’s always cheaper buying last years gear on sales.
Ain't that a fact. Only thing better is the rare pro-deal blow out. It's why I own a backup pair of Lange RX130s.

Sponsor