• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Pro deals are great for the latest gear but it’s always cheaper buying last years gear on sales. And last years are the better build and higher performance ones. Win/win!
Next to the fully sponsored athletes, retail ski shop workers get the best pro deals, especially if they are able to contact the rep directly, usually at early season product knowledge sessions or later by phone/email.

The best stuff usually sells out or at least sells out in the most popular sizes way before the end of season sales start. So end of season sales are great for outliers who know what works for them.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Next to the fully sponsored athletes, retail ski shop workers get the best pro deals, especially if they are able to contact the rep directly, usually at early season product knowledge sessions or later by phone/email.

The best stuff usually sells out or at least sells out in the most popular sizes way before the end of season sales start. So end of season sales are great for outliers who know what works for them.
Some how we have always been able to find great deals end of season, that said in recent years it has taken more patience and effort.

This year it looks like all the new inventory itself is in short supply. My understanding is that this is primarily due to issues with trucking in Europe coupled with the back up at the ports. It could be that this year’s inventory comes in late which may result in a surplus of deals at the end of the season if they do not sell through because of the delays.

That said if you find what you are looking for buy it now as I’ll no matter how good the deal is it is of no value to you if you cannot ski your skis this season.

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked these up today. @Blossom Skis emailed that my Blossom AM 77’s with Vist Speedlock Super Light plate and VPM412 bindings arrived. (The skis were formerly known as Blossom Whiteout, and basically the same as the SkiTalk Edition Espeziale). Rather than ship to me I chose to pick them up, one of the perks of living in the same general vicinity as the distributor.

Kudos to Mike @Blossom Skis not only were the plates and bindings already mounted, but he had me bring my boots to ensure they were set up correctly. Excellent customer service! He mentioned they came with a 1/2 tune from the factory, but to tune them to 1/3 with the plate.

The Vist bindings are easy to remove and securely lock back in place, if you want to change the mount position or to let someone with a different BSL try your skis. The plate adds 16mm stand height. They look and feel like solid bindings. I did try the same bindings on the SkiTalk test fleet demo of the No 1 RC last May, so I was comfortable with the bindings and the skis, however the AM 77 is a better fit for where I ski and how I’ll use them.

43CB0CA9-D04A-4EE2-939B-FC4DE9CFAB5A.jpeg
7E56878B-6179-4780-A2E9-0648BDEE406C.jpeg
F3736DAA-0AE3-4A73-B5CC-A46A6091D876.jpeg

So my quiver now consists of
Blossom AM 77
Renoun Z90
ON3P Woodsman 102
ON3P Billy Goat.

If I like the AM 77’s as much as I think, I might be getting a No 1 SL. I’d be able to get the ski and plate and utilize the same bindings.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought the same ski , waiting for delivery. will look forward to your review on these as my season will be delayed by a couple of month due to a health issue.

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I picked these up today. @Blossom Skis emailed that my Blossom AM 77’s with Vist Speedlock Super Light plate and VPM412 bindings arrived. (The skis were formerly known as Blossom Whiteout, and basically the same as the SkiTalk Edition Espeziale). Rather than ship to me I chose to pick them up, one of the perks of living in the same general vicinity as the distributor.

Kudos to Mike @Blossom Skis not only were the plates and bindings already mounted, but he had me bring my boots to ensure they were set up correctly. Excellent customer service! He mentioned they came with a 1/2 tune from the factory, but to tune them to 1/3 with the plate.

The Vist bindings are easy to remove and securely lock back in place, if you want to change the mount position or to let someone with a different BSL try your skis. The plate adds 16mm stand height. They look and feel like solid bindings. I did try the same bindings on the SkiTalk test fleet demo of the No 1 RC last May, so I was comfortable with the bindings and the skis, however the AM 77 is a better fit for where I ski and how I’ll use them.

View attachment 142499 View attachment 142500 View attachment 142501

So my quiver now consists of
Blossom AM 77
Renoun Z90
ON3P Woodsman 102
ON3P Billy Goat.

If I like the AM 77’s as much as I think, I might be getting a No 1 SL. I’d be able to get the ski and plate and utilize the same bindings.

Thanks for the kudos! These skis rock, and are perfect for all mountain skiing here in the PNW. You need to get Gavin to try them and dump those silly Rossignols :D!

Mike

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Added to the Faction quiver again! Got a pair of 190cm 2021 Faction Prodigy 3.0 (Collab top sheet) for 40% off matched with the Attack2 16 that I got for almost 60% off. Also got backup pair of 183cm 2021 CT 1.0 for almost 1/2 off and a Corbetts ski bag for another pair of skis for 40% off.
Such great deals it would be silly NOT to get them! ogsmile

The Prodigy skis were a hit with the staff at Corbetts today who thought they “looked awesome” and “perfectly matched” my Atomic Hawx Ultra 130s boots in green.

9751E282-ED7F-414E-8046-BF7E2E65D00F.jpeg

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought the same ski , waiting for delivery. will look forward to your review on these as my season will be delayed by a couple of month due to a health issue.
The ski's came yesterday and am very impressed with the build quality, I have other premium brand ski's and the workmanship on the Blossoms is better. I am looking forward to getting them on the snow.

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
Picked up a pair of Look Px 18 XXL bindings for cheap online. The ad said they have 110mm brakes, but I'm pretty sure the XXL bindings came with 120mm brakes, so we'll see what shows up. Now I just need to find a ski that warrants a din 18 binding that weighs over 7 lbs....

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Starting the winter gear pick up madness since the wife landed a new gig. But still staying to my humble dirtbag roots. So far this week:

- Complete set of winter tires and rims. Michellin X-ice Snow SUVs with 8.5mm of tread (owner claimed 10mi and they look like it) for $250. And a set of 17" Lexus alloys to mount them on for $100.
- Salomon Warden 13 Demos in great shape for $50.

and...to mount the demos...my splurge and a ski I've been bugging Moment to make for 4 years -- a set of Deathwish 104s.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn’t buy any skis the last two years so this year I’m addressing a need and a want. My FIS slaloms have been piling up the days so I need a replacement for when their time comes. Deal pending.

Then after hearing such glowing things about the SR-95 from Lindsey, Brian and Nick at Gorsuch, and others, I purchased a pair today.

They’re a whole lot prettier than the web photos I’ve seen. I think we’re going to have a lot of fun together. Yes, I’m going ahead without a pre-nup. That’s how confident I am.

Gorsuch just got them off the truck today. It turns out I wasn’t the only one waiting. Demand for them is strong. And it’s still September!

D3DED92D-DF8E-48A8-968C-85413C839297.jpeg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I finally mounted both new skis I got for this season. Took the Shifts off the pair of skis that the Citadels are replacing, jut need to trim down the skins a touch and that set is complete. I'm pretty stoked on the Citadels, they are a full 250 grams lighter than the Black Diamond Boundary Pro's they are replacing. Half pound per foot lighter! The Shaggy's got mounted with Attack 14's instead of the 17's I was originally planning. I just couldn't justify the cost difference when I have never broken a binding and have my DIN set to 9.. don't need the 17.

Turns out my quiver is now three pairs of Renouns (Atlas 88, Endurance 98, Citadel 106) and two pairs of Shaggy's (Ahmeek 95 and 115). All the others are getting sold at the local swaps at the end of the month.

20211010_204314.jpg

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
New (used) box day. Old one was getting really janky. Still useable, but we wanted one with driver side opening so we could put awning on passenger side to facilitate a better living-room type feel with it open. Picked up for $300 with a set of bars and towers I need to resell (or better, swap for towers that fit my side rails so I can gain some extra width.) Impossible to buy new right now it seemed like (at least on pro-form.)

Out with the old....(pretty proud of my create-a-shingle-and-rivet-it-on fix)
243487582_545441713222871_3307606756227939611_n.jpg

And on with the new. Even more space :).

245095983_588179722326068_959943455446020643_n.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
While playing golf and nursing a shoulder injury through the skiing off-season, I was kinda busy on the ski gear front too...

I bought two pairs of these (in 168cm and 175cm):
ski_fischer-rc4-the-curv-gt-2020_n13324-10531-1_l.jpg

And since I really loved my Ranger 108 Ti skis last season, decided to pick-up its narrower brother:
ski_fischer-ranger-98-ti-2018_n10873-7935-0_l.jpg

My Nordica GP140 boots are fantastic, but a bit too stiff on really cold days, so the GP130 was in order (older version with the original cam buckle powerstrap):
nordicadobermanngp130__74011_960x.png

Finally, today I took the plunge and bought some real touring bindings (Fritschi Tecton 12):
https://earnyourturns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Tecton-12_Front-Top_Dynamic_banner.jpg

And it's been dumping for a few days in the CO mountains... life is good. :)

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Tecton is such a great AT binding that doesn't get enough love. Yeah, not the lightest. But skis 98% as well as the Shift, has lateral toe release, and is much easier to transition.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Bought a pair of these on sale in 182cm with the old graphics technology:

ski_fischer-rc-one-86-gt-2019_n12487-9654-0_l.jpg

They arrived a couple weeks ago. They look pretty. Still need to get the system bindings setup properly.

I'm looking forward to learning how to ski them :). These will be replacing my 2017 Kendos, now demoted to rock ski status. Much less tip rocker on these.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New (used) box day. Old one was getting really janky. Still useable, but we wanted one with driver side opening so we could put awning on passenger side to facilitate a better living-room type feel with it open. Picked up for $300 with a set of bars and towers I need to resell (or better, swap for towers that fit my side rails so I can gain some extra width.) Impossible to buy new right now it seemed like (at least on pro-form.)

Out with the old....(pretty proud of my create-a-shingle-and-rivet-it-on fix)
View attachment 144913

And on with the new. Even more space :).

View attachment 144912
I’m impressed with the fence cross-braces. :)
That’s a nice roof carrier. Yeah, I want to get an awning as well.
I imagine the new roof carrier is more aerodynamic as well…which is worth the purchase, IMO.
(My Sienna arrived yesterday…pick it up Monday! Does that qualify as a new gear purchase??)

Sponsor

Staff online