• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Can’t. Stop. Buying. Faction Candide skis…..
Lol

Added the 188cm 21 CT 2.0 to the collection to go along with my 183cm version of the same ski. With a 21m turning radius and a weight of 2360gr, the afternoon crud doesn’t stand a chance!

Stone ground and then I hand tuned them today so they are ready to rip!

B91B2907-AFBD-4D6A-A2C4-FF29811FC73C.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can’t. Stop. Buying. Faction Candide skis…..
Lol

And then they call ME bad influence...SMH... :nono: Some people...

Just pulled the trigger on CT 1.0 183. 2021 of course.

Now comes this funny time of the year when I buy American skis and then spend next 2 months agonizing over where to mount the bloody bindings.
But first the agony what bindings exactly.

Yeah yeah, I know technically Faction is not exactly American, but for me anything that is fat (no offence, I am talking ski) and twin tip-ish is American skis.

Damn.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
And then they call ME bad influence...SMH... :nono: Some people...

Just pulled the trigger on CT 1.0 183. 2021 of course.

Now comes this funny time of the year when I buy American skis and then spend next 2 months agonizing over where to mount the bloody bindings.
But first the agony what bindings exactly.

Yeah yeah, I know technically Faction is not exactly American, but for me anything that is fat (no offence, I am talking ski) and twin tip-ish is American skis.

Damn.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!
That’s awesome! Great ski and great deals out there right now on them.

I’m Canadian and you can still see my abs so I know you’re not talking about me! Haha

The tip width on the CT 1.0 is slightly narrower than a Laser SC, so their body is pretty toned too, so maybe big boned but not fat……….:roflmao:

Bases are yellow and has the red and yellow stripes on the top sheet so like my yellow/black bindings on them but red would look great too.
-3cm for the mount as these are pretty symmetrical skis and that’s the traditional/skier that drives the ski mount point.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bases are yellow and has the red and yellow stripes on the top sheet so like my yellow/black bindings on them but red would look great too.
-3cm for the mount as these are pretty symmetrical skis and that’s the traditional/skier that drives the ski mount point.

Once I receive them I will take this up with you on PMs so as not to bother the ladies and gentlemen here with the millions of stupid questions on these ski I will surely have, thanks in advance for your patience but then again, you have only yourself to blame for this. :roflmao:

P.S. I am thinking maybe....STH? The red ones?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Once I receive them I will take this up with you on PMs so as not to bother the ladies and gentlemen here with the millions of stupid questions on these ski I will surely have, thanks in advance for your patience but then again, you have only yourself to blame for this. :roflmao:
I’ll have to make sure I block your account so I can’t get messages before they come then……..;)

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Ballroom snow conditions today at Crested Butte and I was on my new this season Blossom FIS SL skis. Given the conditions, almost perfect, they were so good that I felt like an adequate skier. Didn't argue with me as to initiating a turn, or turn shape. Felt stable all the time (not surprising considering the ballroom snow). Would have been different if gates had been involved, but honestly they were easy to ski on and enjoy. Bindings were mounted by Mike at his shop in Bellevue, WA and prepped by Pat at Crested Butte Sports (an independent shop) in Mount Crested Butte, CO.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got a pair of heated socks: Lenz 6.0 with the 1800 batteries. Looking forward to warmer toes this winter.
Went with the 1800’s? I got a pair of those for my Lenz Mittens. Might be overkill for socks, at least where I live, but if you get colder weather often enough the extra heat could be nice.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went with the 1800’s? I got a pair of those for my Lenz Mittens. Might be overkill for socks, at least where I live, but if you get colder weather often enough the extra heat could be nice.
I probably only need the 1200 but they weren’t in stock at skiessentials.com (where I prefer to do my online shopping). I thought that the cost difference wasn’t worth waiting for the 1200.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can use my 1500? 1800? the biggest ones in less than 1 day of skiiing when cold. you dont regret 1800. Im useing them on lenz 6.0 socks

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the 1200 and as long as I don't go above level 3 they'll last all day. When the batteries need to be replaced I'll be getting the 1800's.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
you must have fewer -20 to -25c skiiing days than me :p
^^^The temps at which I stop skiing and turn on the water pipe heat tape in my 5th wheel trailer/ski chalet. :ogbiggrin:

Usually about 1 week per season.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The skis my 14 year old got for her birthday a few weeks ago are mounted. WROD opens this weekend, but with just one run, I think we’ll wait a week.
View attachment 149311
Blizzard Rustler 9, 180cm, with Marker TCX 12.
Thanks for the reviews and advice folks!
Your 14-year-old must be tall! ogsmile That’s my length!

Sponsor

Staff online