• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm not getting any younger.....

That's OK, just wait a titch more and even the wanting will fade ;)

I'd like to post a brag about a pair of Enforcer Pros for under $500.

Any leads out there?

You mean like L9's $449 for 2019?

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m case you didn’t know, the Enforcer Pro/115 Free has gone through some changes since introduction. It got heavier in 2020(plus 150gr) and a touch stiffer. It changed again from 21 on with it going back down to original weight but staying similar flex to the 20. It has the carbon chassis and True Tip now like all the other narrower versions. Should feel easier to swing around and feel a bit more lively in the latest version.

Enforcer 110 got heavier and a touch stiffer too when they added the same changes in 2020.

Canadian place in Fernie with the 21 version for $585 CAN/bit over $450 US.

391FB79D-404F-40E3-8624-BEA830A4A8D1.png

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's OK, just wait a titch more and even the wanting will fade ;)

You mean like L9's $449 for 2019?

See, this is what I like about this forum community. We're so good at helping spend each other's money. ogsmile

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
My problem is that I am a cheapskate at heart but have an issue with buying new skis at a discount. I got a 50% code from Season Skis and picked up a pair of Season Kin’s for $275 shipped. My original plan was to add Black Crows Mirus Cor skis but these kind of fill the same niche (if carving twin tips is a thing) for a fraction of the cost. 15m turn radius will be fun and I’m either going to love or hate these things!

James

Out There
Instructor
carving twins IS a thing.

Mostly its me @GregK , but the following is growing.

we love chargy carvy twins.
Why?
Not much experience, but every twin I’ve skied I find annoying or.brain dead, not “playful”. If not landing switch air, what’s the point?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Twin tips like any skis will vary hugely when it comes to weight, flex taper etc with many being the soft, light and lots of taper for catch free butters.
Then there are twins that are solid weight, flex and shape similar to an all mountain carver and just have more tail splay and a more forward mount point.

These skis have the same effective edge to their flat tailed counterparts but because of their twin tails, will have the ability to “feather” that effective edge more. The twin will not instantly engage it’s full edge when just slightly tipped like a flat tailed ski. Easier to release a twin tail when partly tipped over or in variable terrain.

Find there is a bit of a learning curve for those not used to twins as many are used to that “instant full edge” feeling of a flat tail ski. With a twin tip, you simply have to really commit to tipping that ski over on edge and realizing the grip is there once you do.

The recent Blister review of the Unleashed 98W is from a traditional skier who doesn’t ski backwards either but RAVED about how fun and easy those skis are. Easy to ski off-piste and in bumps but with their low taper and long effective edge, ripped groomers too. More fun and playful than a flat tailed ski around that width.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
So I demo'd the Blizzard Sheeva 10's at Alta in over a foot of snow. I loved them and kept them 2days. Lurking around the web a couple of weeks ago I found "Powder 7" and I traded my Liberty genesis for a new pair of Sheeva 10's!! what a great company they recycle skis!! I paid for the Sheeva's then I mailed them my liberties (they paid postage both ways!) and they credited me back $$$ You can go on their site and get an estimate of what they'll pay for your 'old' skis!! Way cool.. So I have a brand new pair of Sheeva 10's for 130$ I got back what I paid for the liberties! I already have Look Pivots I bought from this site they'll be perfect for the Sheevas. New boots are next and those darn Stockli's are still haunting me.. Winter can't come soon enough! I can't wait to ski..

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I demo'd the Blizzard Sheeva 10's at Alta in over a foot of snow. I loved them and kept them 2days. Lurking around the web a couple of weeks ago I found "Powder 7" and I traded my Liberty genesis for a new pair of Sheeva 10's!! what a great company they recycle skis!! I paid for the Sheeva's then I mailed them my liberties (they paid postage both ways!) and they credited me back $$$ You can go on their site and get an estimate of what they'll pay for your 'old' skis!! Way cool.. So I have a brand new pair of Sheeva 10's for 130$ I got back what I paid for the liberties! I already have Look Pivots I bought from this site they'll be perfect for the Sheevas. New boots are next and those darn Stockli's are still haunting me.. Winter can't come soon enough! I can't wait to ski..
This is fantastic. What a great way to re-cycle skis when people want to trade in or upgrade.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Why?
Not much experience, but every twin I’ve skied I find annoying or.brain dead, not “playful”. If not landing switch air, what’s the point?

chargy twins are unicorns, pretty much CT 1.0 2.0 3.0 2021s are the goto, maybe even the 5.0 , revolt 95, menace 98, fischer 102fr (barely twin) and 2017-2019 devastator 194s
Im a big boi, both tall & fairly heavy, I skied forever, so its fun to change it up. but I still want it to deliver when I lay it over. I do ski switch & land switch at times, but its more rare as you get older.

other then that @GregK described it good. I wanna lay carves, I wanna go 50mph on edge, but I still wanna hit some sidehits & woods. our dense woods a turned up tail is pretty much a must unless you want a workout.

but yes, there are tons of bad twintip skis which are just noodles. 95% are meh.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If not landing switch air, what’s the point?

The loose tails are enormous fun in most conditions and a true godsend in others. Well, for me at least. Ah yes, and you can do spinaroonies all day long if you are into that kind of things. :ogbiggrin:

But bear in mind I only have experience with Faction CT 2021, no idea how good/bad other twins are.

Last edited:

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why?
Anders and Tony summarized it best but I’ll add that there are some days where I just want to be a little less “serious” on the slopes. Usually a busy Saturday when typical VT mountain has crowded trails and it’s really not safe to be carving at Mach speeds. And, a lot of skis that are good at that just need too much speed to be effective and fun (for me) on the mellower days. A little softer, more center mounted, and deeper side cut ski works for me on these days and twin tips add a little more versatility when I’m chasing the kids through the park. I figure the twin tip tail is no different from tail rocker and it’s more about ski construction, overall flex pattern and mount point. But, there also are more dogs in the twin tip category and for me they have been the softer and straighter sidecut variety with real basic constructions (I.e. the skis my kids like).

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m case you didn’t know, the Enforcer Pro/115 Free has gone through some changes since introduction. It got heavier in 2020(plus 150gr) and a touch stiffer. It changed again from 21 on with it going back down to original weight but staying similar flex to the 20. It has the carbon chassis and True Tip now like all the other narrower versions. Should feel easier to swing around and feel a bit more lively in the latest version.

Enforcer 110 got heavier and a touch stiffer too when they added the same changes in 2020.

Canadian place in Fernie with the 21 version for $585 CAN/bit over $450 US.

View attachment 171886

Thanks, Greg. Surprisingly, with a bit of looking, I discovered that Powder 7 has them at a similar low price.

Calling @chris_the_wrench on this, as I know he's been looking for a killer deal on this ski.

Such a deal, but so hard to pull the trigger when summer is in full swing.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks, Greg. Surprisingly, with a bit of looking, I discovered that Powder 7 has them at a similar low price.
My link is in Canadian dollars so about $450 US or so for the latest version Vs $450 for the original version at Level 9. Powder 7 is the same version(latest) as my link but for $150 US more.
The retail prices of enforcers in Canada Vs US are very similar so you get a huge discount on $ exchange shopping in Canada on them.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Calling @chris_the_wrench on this, as I know he's been looking for a killer deal on this ski.

Such a deal, but so hard to pull the trigger when summer is in full swing.

those are on my list, but sitting in spot three behind Cochises and pro riders… I havent found either of those two on the sale rack this year(except for short cochises). Not sure how often Id grab a 115 ski..

James

Out There
Instructor
chargy twins are unicorns, pretty much CT 1.0 2.0 3.0 2021s are the goto, maybe even the 5.0 , revolt 95, menace 98, f
I owned the Menace 98 in the 186 version. That’s where the “brain dead” comment comes from. If that’s chargey, non chargey must be truly… something. ogsmile
I sold it here, and people weren’t exactly busting down the door to buy it cheap. Some guy who joined the site to buy it got it. May be the last time I do that.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
187cm Menace 98 is nice and damp with fantastic edge grip with the right tune but pretty soft flex and low camber height. More damp/plush and not very lively. Came alive about 45mph I found.

21 CT are in another league compared to any other twin and would put them against any ski out there. Wouldn’t mind back ups of all of mine as no one making anything this good anytime soon.

Sponsor