• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
New season, new Dirtlej.

1659130385331.png

willy384

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Im waiting for some reviews on the Peak 98's. I ordered the 88's and wondering if I should of purchased the 98's. I could use either in my quiver.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I think "a few" means "a few."

And for me, it was fun figuring out which to get, if any - given the Crossons were so good.
Not some compulsive behavior.
Purchase as many as you like, that's why it's called a quiver.

Reactions: BMC

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What an odd comment. Heavens.
So, I wasn’t meaning to be disrespectful at all, it’s a much a commentary about this thread in general as it was your post.

That said, some of us (well, myself at least) have to think long and hard about obtaining any new skis and be pretty careful about which skis (or anything else) we decide to spend money on. Though I may fantasize about it, I will likely not be buying any new skis this year.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Im waiting for some reviews on the Peak 98's. I ordered the 88's and wondering if I should of purchased the 98's. I could use either in my quiver.

expect some Cage Matches in the Fall too.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
So, I wasn’t meaning to be disrespectful at all, it’s a much a commentary about this thread in general as it was your post.

That said, some of us (well, myself at least) have to think long and hard about obtaining any new skis and be pretty careful about which skis (or anything else) we decide to spend money on. Though I may fantasize about it, I will likely not be buying any new skis this year.
I am only guessing but you are not alone when it comes to this economy and watching how you spend your money.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't spend money on most things so that I have a bit to put into skis each year: it's a favorite thing, skiing.

I'm guessing that "a few" Peak skis will be it for me this season, in terms of what I can afford.

(A lot of extra, odd assumptions to deal with in just posting some fun with new skis, seems like.)

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I ordered another two pairs of Shaggy's skis for the wife and I. A replacement Medora 95 for her and the new Mohawk 98 for myself. No custom topsheets or tweaks to them this year, the stock options sounded just about perfect for what we wanted. Pictures when they arrive in fall!

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't spend money on most things so that I have a bit to put into skis each year: it's a favorite thing, skiing.

I'm guessing that "a few" Peak skis will be it for me this season, in terms of what I can afford.

(A lot of extra, odd assumptions to deal with in just posting some fun with new skis, seems like.)
Whoa whoa whoa, you have to keep room in your budget for a Black Ops 110!! (if it comes out this year)

Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts about the Peaks. The return policy was intriguing to me but I'll have to wait till the season starts before considering them.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Are you sure thats not a kill room?
the kill room (slaughter room) is behind the door , this room doesnt have any drain :D

actually not kidding, hooks in roof, waterproof flooring with drain, huge freezer. prevois owner was big into hunting and skiiing.

its about 840sqfeet now, plan is to dig out similar space from the right side, then floor heating, tiles etc, and makeing it nice.

my better half said "the two other floors are hers" and I took that literally as an OK to make "my floor" bigger. and more match the footprint :D

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yumpin' yimminy ........ I'm surprised when homes have mud rooms around here, but ......... kill room?!?!?

blue

Putting on skis
Skier
I have it. It’s not as durable nor waterproof as goretex sadly. My first one came with mis-stitched sleeves too. I wore it under the shower and at random parts the water seeps through. I washed it with tech wash and DWR for a couple of times and solved the waterproofing issue but the adhesives around the logo and some other parts started to fall off, and the HH logo was peeling off and dangling partially. They gave me an exchange but now the new one’s insulated phone pocket is half as thick and still isn’t waterproof. I couldn’t test how well it breathes, but it feels less breathable than goretex. HH uses polypropylene, TNF uses polyurethane, and Goretex uses ePTFE. ePTFE is the current gold standard.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

blue

Putting on skis
Skier
the kill room (slaughter room) is behind the door , this room doesnt have any drain :D

actually not kidding, hooks in roof, waterproof flooring with drain, huge freezer. prevois owner was big into hunting and skiiing.

its about 840sqfeet now, plan is to dig out similar space from the right side, then floor heating, tiles etc, and makeing it nice.

my better half said "the two other floors are hers" and I took that literally as an OK to make "my floor" bigger. and more match the footprint :D
:useless:

Sponsor

Staff online